Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Looks awesome Michael. I'm thinking of doing some of the lights yellow on mine too.

Yes mate.

The Lamin-X was easier than I thought to fit too. It's a good thickness and will protect them, I used clear on the indicators as i didn't want it looking like a Christmas tree.

Like what I've seen of your G60.

Thanks mate. I was tempted to do it on my Golf but all the lights are rounded and its a pain in the ass, but with the Corrado ones being square and flat should be easier. Did you have to take the glass off or did you fit it on the car?

Man, lots of people from here are going Ace..tempted to go myself..would have to shift some things around at home..damn my responsibilities!

Thanks mate. I was tempted to do it on my Golf but all the lights are rounded and its a pain in the ass, but with the Corrado ones being square and flat should be easier. Did you have to take the glass off or did you fit it on the car?

Hi mate,

I removed the whole fitting, with mine being a late car it's a different fitting to yours I think, the fog on your car is a separate housing and removes itself separately. When its time, I'd do the indicators and fogs together if I were you. Very easy tho fitting it over the whole front face nice and flat leaving enough around to cover all the sides, i then stretched and pulled the lamin-x around each of the corners using a small setting on hair dryer to soften and smooth. (Indoors) Then I pressed around all the side nice and neat.

Very easy and great protection. Had to go all French as I'm a newcastle utd fan :)

I put the car through a service today at VW. Came back with a number of problems, mainly due to age - bits being rusty, cables needing replacing, etc.

So will be posting up a list of things I need soon.

Edited by Yega

made a start on fitting mk3 golf leather front seats , found the passenger side sound proofing under the carpet to be completley soaked!!! wasnt blady happy!! , but got the pssenger side seat fitted and done!, they do sit alittle higher!

I think I've fixed my leaking bottom rad hose.

For whatever reason the one on there was a non-standard pattern piece that didn't seal properly at one end...and I think it was a bit too thin and narrow.

Sourced a good 2nd hand one and some decent hose clips from Screwfix and the incontinence seems to have stopped.

Think I found an oil leak though...buggerrit...

today i found out my fan has been cutting threw the water pipe grrrrrrrrrrrr

new hose fitting tomorrow..

ga6e9usy.jpg

Christmas has come early! Tomorrow ill be building up the slam panel, riveting on the plastics, fitting cams, exhaust hangers, boot has struts and new injectors in no particular order :)

fitted a MK3 golf vr6 washer bottle cap, and black washer fluid piping because the standard clear hoses had turned all yellow and mouldy inside. then carried on tearing off ALL the old wiring loom tape on ALL of the wiring under the hood re-wrapping it in gen* cloth tape :)

As above ^^ passed its first MOT (when I've owned it) and had a full service that didn't break the bank.

Very pleased.

Yesterday I fitted matching leather door cards to complete the full leather set in the car and at the same time fitted some GZ coaxial speakers :)