Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Passed MOT with flying colours. Had a look through the old certificates and I only managed 1055 miles last year but that's a helluva lot better than the 49 miles covered by the previous owner in the previous year.

Passed my MOT too today, bit of a struggle getting it through emissions so the tester put some Forte cleaner through it and I did a quick Italian tune up, just about scraped through after that. Booked in next week to get a new lambda fitted, hopefully this will sort out the crap running too, I've done just about everything else on the air and fuel side!

Well, seeing as the car is not driveable at the moment (bad times) and it was a sunny day I occupied myself by giving it a thorough clean inside and out, replacing Clear Side Repeaters for factory OEM Orange. Also replaced the missing Aerial Gasket, used some silicone sealant on several poorly refitted rubber/plastic trim pieces, scrubbed carpets and installed the new scripted carpet matts and then changed the exterior black VW badges for the chrome look original items. Bought a lockable petrol cap, as the central locking on fuel filler is borked..then refurbished all the exterior plastic trim, few other bits and pieces

I changed the stalks on mine today initially I had a leather vr6 steering wheel on mine but wasn't to keen on it but and the fact the stalk's were a bit worn so got a hold of a polo Gt steering wheel and some replacement stalk's fitted them a while ago now and after replacing found out the horn no longer worked didn't know if it was stalk's or steering wheel to blame.I eventually got hold of some early stalk's from Struan (Big Tartan Judge) fitted them today and low and behold I have a horn again :dance: also the hazard's are better than before too so big thank's to Struan.Also replaced a headlight bulb as I have a local meet to go to 2moro night.

Mine passed its MOT on Monday along with a brake fluid and power steering fluid change. So with new insurance I'm all set for another 12 months.

Unfortunately I'm having problems getting the pictures off my phone due to a faulty connector but manged to get pics if the other corrado being MOTd and even more surprisingly a DeLorean being worked on at the same garage ( only 20 left in the country apparently?).

Sadly the other corrado failed its MOT (dragon green M reg).

I will add pics of the DeLorean if I can get the phone to work.I

Well not today but last week I started stripping the car for its respray which is going to happen towards the end of the year! There were some nasties but nothing too serious just yet! Also purchased a new (to me) tool box from Wakefield!

Replaced faulty AUX water pump, replaced all old coolant with G13, had a quick "wash", but will have to do a real wash soon - just had to take it out for a ride (guess it's almost a year since last time)........but will be running quite a bit this summer I recon :)

Was fun beiing behind the wheel of the C again :)

Got my SWG scuttle that is way too shiny for my liking. So today I spent time carefully washing it down with warm soapy water. 10.30. Then I donned latex gloves (perv) so as not to get grease on the thing. Then it was a rub down with 1000g wet n dry (on the scuttle - come on - keep with it). I grabbed the old can of Fast Black which is a heat resistant matt black. The stupid nozzle was squirting paint rather than diffusing it. Too late - runs and drips. While it was drying I got a nice small can of satin black from the car shop. Rubbed the whole thing down - again. Painted with a thin coat. Waited to dry. Noticed the bloody runs still there. :bonk: Repeated. Rub down, paint. Still not good.

Got fed up with the wimpy 1000g wet n dry and went for the rough stuff. Got it as flat as I could and sprayed again. Ran out of paint. 6.10 and the shop is shut...:scratch:

Maybe tomorrow...

washed the enginecompartment.

Looking at bits and bobs to see what I miss to get movin' with a brake overhaul.

Cheers,

Redfox.

I just took it for a midnight run on the way back from the cinema. It's such a simple pleasure but driving a car with such feeling at night with the roof and windows open and some favourite music on just brings a big smile to my face. I love this car in a way that more modern cars can't get close to.

Oh, and don't bother going to see World War Z as its nothing like the book and is a bit rubbish really.

Edit: They look beautiful at night lit up by street lamps and rain beading off the waxed bonnet :)

Edited by Portent

Replaced rear discs, brake pads and bearings ready for MOT next week.

Passed MOT Today = Happy

mines motd too sweet :dance:

Quality mate I want too see this at national day!!! You can be sure there is very unlikely to be another of these rare beast's there. Well done :thumbleft:

Finally got to grips with the old scuttle tray. All it needed was brute force! Nineteen odd years of crud under there so gave that a tidy. Got the new scuttle on which looks neat. Still waiting for those Speedlines to come back refurbished and painted, but enjoying the "mean" look of borrowed matt black Oz Leggeras!

Quality mate I want too see this at national day!!! You can be sure there is very unlikely to be another of these rare beast's there. Well done :thumbleft:

Thanks Clumpy i have had a look at national day and castle coombe is just up the road but there is too much work too do by the end of the month

and well lets not talk about the rust/holes around the screen aperture and then theres fitting the charge cooler/headlights/bumper/recaros :nono: new exhaust etc etc time and money but panic not shes in good hands and the garage is always open as long as you bring chocolate biscuits!

Drove it up my drive and promptly drove it back to my garage after having a strong smell of fuel from engine bay!

repaired and painted the front of my front wings,

fitted new intake hoses to oem airbox

recovered my headlining

orderen brake and clutch switches for 24v motor

Edited by J.C

Thanks Clumpy i have had a look at national day and castle coombe is just up the road but there is too much work too do by the end of the month

and well lets not talk about the rust/holes around the screen aperture and then theres fitting the charge cooler/headlights/bumper/recaros :nono: new exhaust etc etc time and money but panic not shes in good hands and the garage is always open as long as you bring chocolate biscuits!

Castle combe may be just up the road from you for me however it is a little further unfortunately otherwise i would pop in come on mate you do not have to have a top notch show car to come to national day mine is nowhere near and i mean nnnnowhere near you haven't just got a corrado you have a super rare corrado with a valid mot get to national day mate it's the 25th anniversary.

Fitted a new outer cv joint yesterday only to find that the inner boot had split. Cue mad rushing about to get a replacement. This morning I have aches. A bit long in the tooth for rolling about under cars in the driveway methinks. Copious amounts of Real Ale and red wine analgesic tonight. No ants were harmed during the process.