Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

e22af34611cf0191a9b0ca560b674763.jpg

Changing power steering pipes, what a poor job it is to do. Took 2 nights to change the pipes and then I need to fill it back up and test it! I really hope it works otherwise it's rack off which I didn't want to have to do before vwf :(

Whats wrong with it Phil? The PAS system can be a mare to bleed properly. Keep it in the air with ignition off, do the lock to lock thing there, then start the engine and do it again. Finally, do it again with wheels on the ground, then again on a bit of a test drive. The pump can whine like a bitch sometimes, but often settles down after a while.

The steering seems to bleed fine, steering is perfect after being filled for about 2 mins and then it feels like the belt has come off, the steering is that heavy

3 pumps, full set of pipework, back to a genuine original pump after 2 brand new ones, can't be anything but the rack

Fitted new AP Coil overs. No major issues set just below standard height for the next 50 mile for them to settle then will adjust to around 30 / 40 mmm drop.

Upgraded my brakes from 256mm to the G60 280mm setup. Plus an oil change for the old girl.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84236[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]84237[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]84238[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]84239[/ATTACH]

464d0683739826d61557f05b9defae69.jpg

Had a great holiday with the s/c VR6 until alternator packed up

21bc5e9faef100ded0ed11fff768dd3d.jpg

8d35f14ad50cf90af4fcd425c56f2a1e.jpg

Luckily some of the VR6OC lads came over to where I was staying in Cornwall to give me a hand and now all back together.

Cleaned and ready for VWNW tomorrow!

712b20a7e757173a894dd43dbb3b213e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got around to slinging the Audioscapes on - more of a faff than anticipated.

Went for body colour (la9v) opposed to leather, as I was hoping it'd lift the gloom and it really, really does. Just the right side of Honda civic fartcan in the flesh.

[ATTACH]84243[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]84244[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

De-wipered the rear window.

Removed car phone areil from rear window re-soldered and heat shrank radio loom as previous owner has for some unknown reason cut off the plugs.

[ATTACH]84313[/ATTACH]got the speedo out so I could get at the bulbs that aren't working. Hopefully order them tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

[ATTACH]84313[/ATTACH]got the speedo out so I could get at the bulbs that aren't working. Hopefully order them tomorrow

Ooo can you tell me what the bulbs are please one of mine is out too

The green one is 1 of 3 that sit at the top and shine the light into the gauges. 12v 1.8w

The black one is 1 of 2 that sit behind the electronic displays. 12v 1.2w

I'm going to contact TPS tomorrow to order them in.

Previous searches I've looked at talk of blue bases but these are green !! So I'll check with VW

Roose coolant kit - somehow have 2 left over though (well, 3, was never getting to the back of the oil cooler). Kinda mystified as to where the 2 go :scratch:

Oh and resprayed bonnet as a boulder took a liking to it. Bit orange peely but carpro's denim pad will munch that up double quick.

Really feels like it's getting somewhere now :cheers:

[ATTACH]84321[/ATTACH]Fully working set of lights. Happy for the most expensive bulbs ever. ..

Spent a couple of hours installing a new bonnet cable (thanks easypops) along with a new trumpet thingy for the far end of the cable from VW Heritage. Actually was a pretty easy job but just took extra time as I decided to replace the cable outer as well as the inner, and also removed the front lights just so I could actually release the bonnet in the event the cable didn't work the first time I pulled it all shut :) Pleased to say it works perfectly and the bonnet release lever action is suuuuuppper smooth now :)

So popped back to the lock-up and re-visited the bonnet cable. Ordered some heavy duty bowden cable sheathing on eBay and made up a nice new replacement for the 'middle' bit of the cable that sits across the radiator. Looks spot on.

Also raised the height of the coilovers a bit (too damn low) and adjusted the camber on the front wheels - sitting, and riding much better this evening!

Off to Stealth tomorrow morning, as it's 750'ish miles since the rebuild so ready for a second oil change and a new filter.

Btw both GSF and ECP doing heavy discounts over the bank holiday weekend. Check the sites for discount codes.

Got the 20vt running sweet just as I think all is well oil leak out the top the oil cooler so stripped front end back off to fix. But if that's my only problem I cam cope with that