Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Concept shamelessly lifted from a thread on the VWVortex.. I figured a similar thread would work on here. Any day you do a bit of DIY on your Corrado, post up and tell us about it :)

Mine isn't particularly exciting today, but :

* I ran an aux cable down and out into the passenger footwell (so I am no longer bound by writing CD-R's for my non-MP3 capable headunit and can hook up my iPod.. hooray!),

* I attempted to work out why the rear left speaker on my car has never worked (but think I need someone who understands auto audio wiring to decypher that),

* I replaced my rear driver side brakelight bulb

* I spent a bit of time on the spoiler mech to stop it squeaking when it extends and retracts - now its nice and squeak free :)

Oh, and it got a damn good wash too :D

Yay!

1. Replaced radiator with a new one that doesn't leak, and isn't rusted at the retaining clips.

2. Replaced wiper linkage (what a ****er to get out!) I now have wipers that push against the windscreen, and WORK. :D

3. Replaced all interior switches with ones that work, arn't melted and click right!

4. Wash and clean inside and out, removing a black sack full of crap.

OK, that's not a day's work. It's been a meandering weekend of C tinkering :)

did this yesterday but...

* fitted my headunit and removed the old one (not in that order!)

* fitted momo gearknob and steering wheel

* fitted dash speakers

* swapped the heater fan

* tightend numerous bolts, screws and fixings

* replaced drivers side 'pin switch' so the interiour light now comes on when I open my door

I would have given it a good wash and hoover but its been p*ssing it down for 48 hours now!

over the past week ive.... replace rear calipers with shiny mk4 items and the corresponding goodridge hoses put brand new vag rear disks on and rear bearings oh and 2 new handbrake cables. i now have a handbrake for the first time replaced an exhaust rubber. but mostly ive been lying underneath my rado trying to wobble bits to see why it pulls to one side under power! oh and forgetting to ring g-man to order my catch tank and the mocal bits i need for my oil cooler! over a few leisurely days i know but generally a nice few days of corrado love!

Over the bank holiday weekend ....

Fitted BMC CDA air filter and CAI. Took car for a drive. Re-attached MFA plug and took for another test drive. Mounted induction kit with a rivet as the screw previously used didn't quite hold it tight. Bashed finger on Schrick whilst riveting mounting bracket. Swore.

Attempted to get a socket big enough to remove and replace steering wheel. Found said socket to discover that I've lost my larger ratchet thus rendered said socket useless.

Figured out how to mount TT shift gaited and alu ring onto existing trim.

I know mine's not a 'Rado, but...

1. Rewired stereo connector so VW wiring loom terminates in an ISO connector and looks factory - no adaptors for me anymore!

2. Replaced n/s headlamp with one that doesn't get condensation and hasn't got a corroded reflector.

3. Attempted to paint headlamp surround of dead headlamp as practice - failed miserably!

4. Replaced centre dash section with one that isn't shattered into a gazillion pieces. Broke a switch blanking panel in the process, d'oh!

5. Replaced instrument panel surround with non-broken one.

6. Still to do - wash and hoover in preparation for E1K @ Ace Cafe tomorrow.

Not today... but over the past week:

* Fitted New Wheels

* Lowered coilovers, measured, lowered some more, measured, took a picture, raised the back a bit, measured, lowered the front a bit more, took another picture... still want to lower more at the front but won't be able to go to uni.

* Fitted Red Top Injectors

* Fitted SNS Stage 5 Chip

* Washed and Leathered Car

* Took many more pictures

Next will be interior gutting and then rebuilding... with even more pictures :D

Havent driven myn since Friday, just took it out for a spin & spotted a G60 rad got a wave.. checked oil, water etc, gave it a quick clean, of out in the Polo GTI again LOL drive that more than my rado theses days!

removed and cleaned airbox and metering head,(was nasty as hell in there!)

drilled airbox and replaced filter with kn panel... then went for a drive and listened to new and rather evil roar :D

Does driving it count? In which case 'exercised it vigorously' coming home from Weymouth in the early hours :D :D

Checked the fluids

Posted elsewhere but fiddled with my new basslink settings :)

Walked past it several times on the drive, stopped and admired it every time :)

Walked past it several times on the drive, stopped and admired it every time Smile

priceless :D

I spent today fixing 6x9's in the spare parcel shelf and tried to clean the hot chocolate stain (which looks like sh1t) off the front passenger seat. Remember to ask for the cup holder from Macdonalds next time!

Oh, should i remove the rubbing strips or have them colour coded while the cars in the paint shop this week?

had the rear number plate holder colour coded

removed the door pins and replaced with flashing led's

reversed the + and - on the focal tweeters to phase them (sounds better)

fixed the dash

put in new vent

touched up a few lil scratches on the sill

looked at it for ages

tightened gear knob

found a £ in the drivers seat :lol:

attempted to hoover it but went home instead

In which case 'exercised it vigorously' coming home from

Checked the fluids

Walked past it several times on the drive, stopped and admired it every time :)

Bloody perv, if it was a child you be in prison.

I stripped my front bumper ready for fitting my RS2 & shortened my CAT bypass with an angle grinder ready for fitting later this week.

Looked at mine for a while distressed cos I can't get it it till I'm off the crutches and need to fit the bits I bought over the winter

hooverd

washed seats - redbull stains from girlfreind

took VW badges of and painted them silver again - might go black though

admired work - went for a litle drive ;)