Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Fitted some r32/tt/s3 rear wishbone Bushes in new wishbones ready for fitting a new subframe

Had these fitted a couple of years back. Hard to compare against original vr6 bushes because the originals were massively old and worn out, but the r32 bushes are great. Nice and precise.

Was the wishbone easy to come by or did you refurb it

New mate easy to get hold of new wishbones ball joints and Subframe + all new bolts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had these fitted a couple of years back. Hard to compare against original vr6 bushes because the originals were massively old and worn out, but the r32 bushes are great. Nice and precise.

I got powerFlex on at the moment I will be glad to get rid of them all polyurethane bushes I've fitted for one reason or a nether ( sh!t ) have been removed

I never went that way. Maybe I'm too old, maybe I just think I don't drive a track car, on a track. OE all the way for me.

I never went that way. Maybe I'm too old, maybe I just think I don't drive a track car, on a track. OE all the way for me.

I no wot you mean with OE/OEM I really wanted the vibra technics ones but the subframe cost me a lot I know they're a good upgrade over stock fitted some to a mate corrado about seven years ago

I wound up buying a used subframe in the end. Everyone I spoke to was doing the sucking of lips thing when I suggested they attempt to break off the bloody seized wishbone bolts..

Had to be done though, the car was bloody lethal under heavy braking on ruts or uneven roads in general... Plenty of brown trouser moments till those got sorted out. Of course,it kept passing the MOT...

I wound up buying a used subframe in the end. Everyone I spoke to was doing the sucking of lips thing when I suggested they attempt to break off the bloody seized wishbone bolts..

Had to be done though, the car was bloody lethal under heavy braking on ruts or uneven roads in general... Plenty of brown trouser moments till those got sorted out. Of course,it kept passing the MOT...

My subframe has a hole on one side apart from that it looks good when you look through the hole you can see it has rusted from the inside out thought it was best to get one while they're available from Vw classic parts you can order direct so you don't have to go through VW heritage and wait three weeks

Did some retail therapy for the Corrado and bought it a Volkswagen RMT200 head unit off e-bay. One of these, new, but a less than half the VW price, old stock from a dealer:

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/accessories/all/all/all/bluetooth/rmt200-radio-single-din/6Q0051228B/1#details

[ATTACH=CONFIG]85510[/ATTACH]

It's kind of retro-styled, but with USB, CD player, aux input and bluetooth phone connection. Never liked the Sony head-unit that's in there at the moment, just looks wrong and out of keeping with the rest of the dash. Reckon it should look spot on :-)

Did some retail therapy for the Corrado and bought it a Volkswagen RMT200 head unit off e-bay. One of these, new, but a less than half the VW price, old stock from a dealer:

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/accessories/all/all/all/bluetooth/rmt200-radio-single-din/6Q0051228B/1#details

[ATTACH=CONFIG]85510[/ATTACH]

It's kind of retro-styled, but with USB, CD player, aux input and bluetooth phone connection. Never liked the Sony head-unit that's in there at the moment, just looks wrong and out of keeping with the rest of the dash. Reckon it should look spot on :-)

Cool. Is it hooked up through the traditional ISO type connector?

I think it's pretty straightforward, though I may need to do stuff to one of the pins in the connector block. It's been done before in the States and it's supposed to be not far off being plug and play. I hope... Guess I'll find out tomorrow, but even if it means a bit of messing about, it should be worth it. Retro looks, modern features, what's not to like eh.

I've still got the original stereo from my Mk2 GTi which looks great, but is kind of limiting when you no longer own any cassettes. I wonder if they'll ever make a comeback... :confused:

I opened the garage door today and checked she was still there.

She was, looking good barr the light covering of dust.

Looking forward to getting her back on the road.

Giving the rs 301's a little love stripping flakey paint from the barrels ready for the summer😊0663c4b54bb786adc0a1722a7a61c321.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

After acquiring the most expensive vw parts ever(heated seat elements)...ouch. I took the cloth recaro seats out my Corrado and dropped them off at a retrimmers for him to fit. I must be mad. But like the challenge

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Oil change done (with a ramp - bliss!!!) and fixed my none-sliding roof! See my post in Exterior for details

Giving the rs 301's a little love stripping flakey paint from the barrels ready for the summer😊0663c4b54bb786adc0a1722a7a61c321.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Got them back on the raddo had to replace one of the barrels due to a crack but all sorted now!efa2d0a0c1d66fd8a0a56d2ce94780dc.jpg

Sent from my Lenovo YT-X703F using Tapatalk

fitted the new ICV to the VR on saturday - fixed the idle issue & ran perfectly on first turn of the key

nice easy job :)

Changed engine oil and filter today, nearly 2 thousand miles since the last one !

Took the alloy wheel in for repair. I managed to scrape it on the garage door frame lower locking plate. Ouch. Split the tyre also. Gutted. ..

Fitted the popular TT wishbone bushes, completely changed the way the car handles

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

New rear bumper fitted yesterday.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]85922[/ATTACH]

and a quick wash and brush up this afternoon...........

[ATTACH=CONFIG]85925[/ATTACH]

All ready for a schlepp down to the West Country for the weekend. :cool::cool:

Encore de pics....... as they say up France........

[ATTACH=CONFIG]85928[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]85931[/ATTACH]

It's getting there.......

Got my bl##dy retro Oz alloy back from refurbishment today. They came with the car so I thought I'd keep them even though I want it back to standard. Only cost me 160 pounds for its refurb and 2 matching cheap tyres. .ouch.

Morale of the story, drive carefully out of the garage. ...damn. The annoying part is they've only been refurbished a year and only done 1 mile! !!be5fb8021c55dcc8e278a0eb624c9c8f.jpg