Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Fitted new rear disks, pads and bearings. In an attempt to out think the car I bought a set of Irwins and new caliper frame bolts as they are notorious. Everything unbolted like a dream using the allen socket and I was finished in a couple of hours. Now got new unused set of Irwins. Bleedin car got me again.

Swapped out the thermostat which was closed solid

all seems to be running ok now

iginition timing to sort next

Fitted new rear disks, pads and bearings. In an attempt to out think the car I bought a set of Irwins and new caliper frame bolts as they are notorious. Everything unbolted like a dream using the allen socket and I was finished in a couple of hours. Now got new unused set of Irwins. Bleedin car got me again.

You bugger. Did the rears on mine last weekend. 3 of the four bolts came out no prob but the top one on the drivers side wouldnt budge and the alllen fitment was at such an angle i couldnt use a bar on the allen key as it was up against the bumper.

COuldnt get a irwin on it as there was no room to hammer one on. grrrrr hours later i finally got it off.

Added some BBS goodness to the interior.:cool:

Also fitted my newly refurbed Speedlines.

Cleaned out under the rear arches and sent the front bumper off for paint:cool:

Edited by too hot

Had these knocked up. Other 2 straps of equal quality sitting in my garage... Thoughts welcome!

bcdd104e-d3fa-67c9.jpg

Thoughts welcome!

very nice, great idea to get them fabbed, how much and how you going to protect them?

Didn't pay a penny. It's British aerospace grade stainless steele so shouldn't rust!

Edited by VR6Pete

Changed the rear pads AGAIN, for some thinner ones so i can replace the pads i had to shave to get them to fit - werent doing the news discs any good, had to readjust the handbrake.

Replaced the front engine mount too, that was an easier job then i thought it was going to be. No more thuds when changing from first to 2nd gear or when letting off the throttle :D

their time will come!

Probably this week, doing the dread pre MOT stuff which always involves some part which won't come apart.

Took my G60 on the road at 5pm today, wow forgotten what its like driving when everybodys in a hurry to get home from a hard days slog, I retired a couple of years ago, after driving mostly between 10am - 4pm when a lot of people drive like they're on some sort of MPG test it was quite exiting that most people were actually getting a move on & I could use the G60s performance briefly. fun

Swapped over the 280mm & mk4 rears from the red c to my blue one

just need a new hard pipe for mine & flexi for old caliper

Fitted the borbet c's

Rear strut brace swapped over

New alpine 9883r unit & changer which i picked up for £60

Just changed the main water pump on my VR6, thought it was gonna be a real b*ll ache of a job! As it was the job is quite easy.:dance: Reckon I could do it easy in an hour, now I've done one.

Steep learning curve coming back to Corrado ownership after 9 years away, my previous ones never needed mending!:scratch:

I replaced my thermostat housing as it was leaking it was an easier job than I thought second time around.

On checking the old housing I discovered that the raised lip that the gasket goes into at the block side had broken,just with age .

I also fitted the lower temp thermostat which seems to be working nicely.

This weekend mission is to refit my newly painted front bumper.

Next step MOT!!

Fitted new front calipers, braided hoses and a near side front brake pipe (thanks to kevhaywire! :) )

Unfortunately the ABS pump now has an air lock in it. So will be going to work on Tuesday to put it on a Beissbarth machine :)

Genuine 256ml calipers. £61+ VAT the pair from VW with staff discount. Bargain! :D

Edited by Pat_McCrotch

Had a nose around underneath thanks to my grandads pit in his garage... found a rust hole the size of a tennis ball in the front cross member, drop link bushes are near enough non-existant..

luckily i have a spare cross member which is being shot blasted and plated as we speak... new drop links on order now should be able to replace by wednesday.

Hope that solves my wheel wobble

Refitted the freshly painted front bumper and fogs and indicators looking very impressive now!!

Will refit engine plastics tomorrow and off for MOT at next week.

Checked the mileage from last year---67772 now at 67782 another high mileage year in the Corrado!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put on a new geargaitor in black leather. Fits very nicely.

Polished the Corrado with Festool grain 8000 and the grain 11000 and then waxed the whole car. Took four afternoons. Came up okay.

Cheers,

Redfox.

took off the blue dot sensor on the intaketube, and cleaned it, and the tube. Now I simply cannot refit the green clip han secures the sensor. Tried all kinds of things for 2 hours. Really ****ed. Argh!!

Well, good ideas kindly asked for ;)

Cheers,

Redfox.

Messed some more with the fu....g green clip today and had a friend look at it too, still no good, so taped it on with some rounds of electrical isolationtape. So much for VW's engeneering... :scratch:

Cheers,

Redfox.