Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Taxed and went for the first drive of the summer....... and made me realise why i love my rado sooo much

Taxed and went for the first drive of the summer....... and made me realise why i love my rado sooo much

Hope it also made you think that £118 just for 6 months tax was worth it too :D. I had the dreaded tax last month too, along with MOT too! :-/

Swapped another radiator hose for a Samco 8).

And yet again I'm covered in cuts & bruises :( (this is why I only do them one at a time)

Fitted a bump steer kit.

Ball joint extenders and tie rod end flip bushes.

SL372329.JPG

Fitted some ap racing 4 pot stoppers a few weeks ago also.

A very tight fit behind 16" brock b2's, not even room for wheel balance weights. Cant wait to get my 17" RC's back from the refurbisher.

SL372175.JPG

Edited by G60_Marc

lower arms with poly bushes, what a pain in the arse that was, and track ontrol arm and track rod ends replaced which was the easiest job eith my diy tool :D

Removed the front grill, sanded primed and now colour coded and drying in the kitchen!

Repaired the boot lock as the air locking pipe was leaking.

Now have working ABS!

Replaced the bulbs on 2 abs lights

Fitted 2 new rear brake lines.

Put a hole in front silencer - Doh!

Spent far too much time blipping the throttle to hear the car popping and farting! :)

Took mine in for it's MOT this morning and went away with fingers crossed. Couple of hours later received call telling me she'd passed again with no problems for the second year running...I'm so proud of her, she'll be 20 next year!

Popped into the parts department and found out that they now want £50.51 each for a Lupo wiper arms! Guess that wiper mod will have to wait until I can find some from a scrap yard.

Go for the audi TT upgrade instead mate.

Im hoping mine will pass no probs again this year. Mines never needed anything major doing - year before was a solid brake line needed replacing, that was it.

Failed MOT :(

Though was only for one tyre, which i suspected it would on. Also excessive play in one of the NS wishbone bushes. Its getting sorted tomorrow. The MOT doesnt officially round out until Saturday.

unforatantly it has run out my friend. when that red piece of paper comes out of the printer as is logged on to the system its is fail and now no longer has a valid m.o.t. sorry ot put a bummer on that mate. lol

unforatantly it has run out my friend. when that red piece of paper comes out of the printer as is logged on to the system its is fail and now no longer has a valid m.o.t. sorry ot put a bummer on that mate. lol

According to the direct gov website you can renew your MOT up to one month prior without affecting the expiry date - does this still apply if its a fail?

I havent got a red bit of paper haha, didnt get given anything. Its still at the garage anyway and will be getting sorted tomorrow. :D

Sorted the spoiler, takes around 8 seconds to fully raise or lower but that's a HUGE improvement over the 30 or so seconds before! Good times :cool:

Spent ages peeling and scraping the sticky stuff off the back of my side rubbing strips to deceide once i'd done it that they maybe a little bit tatty to put back on :bonk:

Edited by little andrew
finally figured out how to get my smilies working!! - am so happy

Drove back from Aberdeen to Glasgow, after going up on Tuesday. Return Trip 330 Miles at 34.7mpg. Went through the road works (40mph with average cameras) on the M80 on the way up and had 41.1mpg showing on MFA. Nice.

Just collected it from the garage after if passed its MOT first time!

Really happy, as last year it took 3 attempts. Plus also picked up a 25 foot roll of copper nickel for my brake lines for £5!!

Turned out to be a good day....

where did you get the copper nickel from at that price mate?

The garage where I take my car sold it to me. Been going there for 14 years and good mates with the owners son.

Had to replace my VR6's Thermostat unit which was leaking. Didnt want to take any chances so I bought the main unit, thermostat, bottom cover, and front cover with all new gaskets and o-rings. I ended up getting Meyle German parts and a blistein thermostat and it costed half what VW wanted, I'm new to buying VW parts so I hope these are of decent quality?

3 hoses to take off it first, then Took three allen bolts to remove it from the engine, then once it was off, the front cover just pulls out of the rigid pipe that goes to the water pump. Then three more allen bolts for the bottom cover and two the same again for the front cover to separate it all. The bottom cover ones were so rusted I couldnt remove them so I got all new bolts from VW. They gave me allen bolts for the main unit to fix it to the engine, and torx replacement bolts for the front and bottom covers. Don't know why they dont do the main unit ones in torx as well because it seems like a better idea.

Wasn't a difficult job, just not very convenient accessing it with the fans getting in the way, so taking the hoses off was probably the most fiddly part. And trying to carefully remove all of the old rusted allen bolts without shredding them up was the most stressful moment. 2 hours to finish, as I took my time cleaning everything up before refitting it.

On another subject - Looks like the main housing i removed wasn't an OEM part, and was so rubbish it was crumbling from the inside out. It seems as though every part I change on this car is some low quality, badly done job. Had to do the interior heater matrix last month and was raging when I discovered it was some unmarked low quality part that a previous owner/garage had tried to save money on. I put a new Valeo one in, but surely I wouldnt have needed to do all that work if it had been done properly in the first place. Anyone know of somewhere decent in the Liverpool area who can be trusted with corrados? I don't always have time/tools to do everything myself but I'm losing faith in garages to be able to repair these cars the way they should be. I've taken it to about 3 different paces for random things but I always end up undoing/redoing what the garage has botched. :(

Had both front wheel bearings and the left hand hub changed today, much quieter and handling seems a tad tighter...what'll be next?

After picking up my new Rado yesterday I spent the whole day today stripping interior - dash, carpet the lot! also sorting out problems.. I'm on a week off so should have most of it done by then.

Also tried to work out where my wheels are leaking from - I need to give back the wheels the car came on :puppydogeyes:

227097_10150197748701769_515581768_6972758_1101226_n.jpg