Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

hmm.. maybe i've given too much away..

Did you sell the 8v mate? See you have the A3 for sale aswell, looks lovely.

Back on topic, car passed MOT today, 2nd year in a row it went straight through :-)

throughout last week:

cambelt & tensioner (OEM)

crank pulley (non-stretch) bolt and washer (OEM)

stupid frickin blankin plate seal on side of block behind cambelt

waterpump (OEM)

thermostat and housing (OEM)

coolant flange on p/s of block (OEM)

heater matrix coolant pipes changed for samco's

coolant

oil & filter

G40 spark plugs

&

MOT

just a bog standard foam, rinse and wax. next month tho....should be, coilovers, brakes and a general good going over

This week fitted new front components, rear speakers and a whole load of dynamat

Refitted my alarm yesterday with soldered joints and all wiring wrapped and routed nicely - hey I could have been an alarm fitter.

Finally got round to fitting my stainless tank straps,after a polish of course. I was going to borrow my mate's bead roller and make them oem ! But it's too late for my car ! lol5284f8c0-7faf-384b.jpg

Found a huge dent in one of the straps,which was holding the tank in ! Hopefully when I fill up the weight of a full tank will push it back out .

If it ain't broke,

Don't fix it !

Got my local engineering firm to make them,used some old ones as templates

They look great mate

Cleaned inside my rear arches for the first time ever! I never knew they were meant to be ABP too!

Also waxed it for the first time in a couple of years :)

I bought Rado2's storm grey VR6 and drove it home tonight. It's a lovely car. He's done lot of work over the two years he's owned it (her) and kept it in great condition (well done Mark, you did a great job). I had a smile over my face all day and just arrived home at 00:30. It's the perfect colour too :)

I shall look after her :)

Ended up last night, with a lot of swearing, a bent axle stand+ 2 weary brothers. Now I've got to plan my route to avoid any or all speedbumps!

Fitted my JOM coilovers, car sits nice and low now, haven't had her out for a proper run + set up yet, got to get a set of spacers for the rears, so that's my job for this morning lol

Tried to clean the inlet manifold nightmare! change the headlights for some fab new ones!! washed the car and polished the wheels!!!

Got my local engineering firm to make them,used some old ones as templates

Nicely done. Would they make any more up? Assuming your a late model? If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay?

Taxed my C on Monday, took it off the axel stands and let it see daylight for the first time since August (been doing a full detail on the underside, suprised that I didn't have any body rust, only a small bit on the front rad support now sorted though), oh how I've missed the VR6 engine, love that noise. The 1.2 i've been driving to work just doesn't come close.

Well this week iv`e found a bit o love for the corrado and as im quiet at work thought i would drop the front subframe wip the arb of and paint it then fit my new bushes which was nightmare to do on your own, then refurb the front calipers with new seals then turn my attention to the rear calipers that have benn sticking and generally causing the car uneven braking very nastily at speed, after buying two so called new calipers of someone on here i set about stripping the old ones off then spraying the new ones and replacing, was a nightmare to bleed the system only to end up with one of them not working!! The handbrake mech was shot on the caliper and just wouldn`t do anything so i then had to strip one of the old ones and try and fix that which i have so there you go as usuall nothing ever goes to plan in the world of corrado`s and today have stripped the interior and treated all the leather with gliptone and put it all back together, it smells like new now and looks a lot cleaner..

Just recently got a leak from one of the frost plugs fixed, and changed all the temp sensors to original sensors.

Today I got the AC tested and refilled - have never been working since I got the car, now it's up and running :) And *da** that things cools things down (not that I need it in this weather but anyway)....:)

Put the battery back in. I had left the lights on yesterday (no warning buzzer) and found the battery flat late afternoon. Had great fun pushing it out of the way so I could get the golf out instead. Then annoyed the neighbours with the alarm going off when I removed the battery to charge it.

It was a bit of a blessing in disguise though as at least it happened at home rather than me stranding myself in some remote car park. I will be far more attentive to the lights next time :). Also I found the positive battery strap doesn't fully tighten so there is a risk of it slipping off over bumps. So I've rigged up a temporary holding bracket and will get that fixed properly in the next few weeks.

Like I said.. probably a good thing it happened really :D

Edited by Portent