Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Popped to the stealers to order up some parts for myself and Purple Tom, the spares guy asked if I'd got it on the road yet. I said yes, and would bring it out the car park and put it on the main road so he could see it. (the guy walks past my house on his way to the bus stop, also handy for him to post parts!)

So sat outside and he walks up, says how nice it is etc. :smug: I pop the bonnet and show him the work I've done on the past year.

He says "its not a 6 cylinder is it?"

"No, 4, its a 2l 16v." Says I.

"Pity, I've got a coilpack for a 6 cylinder in my odds and sods box"

"I know people with VR's"

"Oh right, you can have it when you collect the clips" Well, my jaw hit the ground! :thumb right: VW giving stuff away, my thoughts where that its an old or used one.

So, on the way home I called in to collect my bits, and my new, free, unused and still boxed coil pack! Result!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46347[/ATTACH]

Had a knock on lock so had a look and found the CV gaitor was split :(. Decided to gamble, stripped and cleaned the joint and put on a new gaitor. The knock's still there but quieter:bonk:. Time for a new CV joint. At least everythings clean and free for when I do it.

started into cleaning the engine bay, polished (or rather cleaned up!) the manifold in situ and attacked the rest of the bay with gunk degreaser and our own engine bay cleaner. Dress the plastics and the rest of the bay tomorrow.

Fitted new scuttle foilage gasket,cheap fix from VW,thereafter washed car and hey presto dry carpets:luvlove:

Next step replace thermostat housing crack pipe fit low temp thermostat.

removed rear seats and panels and cleaned them with Simoniz leather cream. replaced all clips and put some felt around them all. Good cleaner, 16 years of grime came out quite easily! Padded and derattled some more loose cables, and the pipe to the boot lock. Reassembled everything and there's STILL a rattle from the rear LHS. Grrrrrr!!

Yesterday I changed the power steering belt (1 more left according to VW) which has stopped it squeeling on full lock, and I found a petrol leak dripping onto the exhaust manifold so I fixed that before it went up in smoke.

Finally got round to fitting my American style side markers ! Being a lazy sod,I did it without removing the bumper !

Rebated them so they sit flush,using the part I cut out,epoxy resined to the inside of the bumper.Really pleased how it came out,Wired in tandem,until I get round to taking off the original markers.528488a6-3a3b-1a7a.jpg

Fitted new pedal rubbers inc accelerator (Scirocco item). Makes a nice difference to the interior. Topped up coolant, fitted blue expansion cap + new front strut cap.

Went out for the first drive in about 4 weeks, felt really strange after driving the Passat for all that time. The steering was harder, the gearchange was a lot more solid and direct, seats harder but the brakes not as good! Still need to bleed the whole system again after the rear mk4 changeover. After a few miles, back to being used to it, all smiles again :dance:.

Now the C is back to being semi-retired, my mrs bought me a solar powered trickle charger. Very neat looking unit that sits on the dash and just clips onto the battery. No more drained batteries for me :thumbleft:.

Decided to give the VR a thorough clean inside. Found this piece of plastic wedged in the passenger seat.

IMG_0643.jpg

Turns out to be the cover for the corner of the speedo. Result :-)

IMG_0644.jpg

Today i removed my Jabbasport turbo exhaust manifold due to it blowing and the car being down on power.

This is what i found...

DSCN0067.JPG

DSCN0068.JPG

6 years of abuse lol. Apparently the first manifolds that they made were low nickel content and prone to cracking.

Anyway, I bought a new manifold from Jabba (£505! ouch) It has higher nickel content and an updated design, Oh and i have a few other parts to go on while im at it.

Piper 260/260 cam. (BP270H)

Piper vernier pulley.

INA cam followers.

Rotor, dizzy, studs, copper hex head self locking exhaust nuts.

Ford racing 440cc injectors.

SL372310.JPG

SL372313.JPG

Edited by G60_Marc

Sorted my idling issue with a squirt of WD40 into the ISV and actually drove the car round the block for the first time following it's recent top end rebuild. Now to fix the rest of the issue's and get on with enjoying the summer :)

Sam aka Quicky1980 came round and fixed the rado after 15months of being sat in the garage. New clutch in, new slave cylinder, tweek with the idle and she works well :) now just to service her ready for the mot!

Big thanks to sam for sorting out the car for me, really appreciate it!!

DSC01072.jpg

Replaced the aerial base with a new amplified one. I now have a working radio 8)

Where'd you pick this up from chap, i have the same issue

Took a "Long Cut" home along the back roads and spent an hour trying to resurrect my heeling and toeing skills, was great when i got the hang of it again. Haven't enjoyed myself as much for ages. Only thing missing was a bit of Wagner on the stereo.

Picked up a standard set of Speedlines with good tyres.

Gave them a clean and polish will get them on tomorrow!

Heading back to OEM+ again !!