Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Riley Hope the feds throw the book at them, but then the courts will probably let them off cos they didn't have a teddy when they were kids!

Got the valver running again after 5 mths (can't believe its that long) in the yard. Spent a day de-rusting the discs lol, and the batt did not repond to recharging so had to get her a new one. Washed her, but needing a full clean and polish though. Met up with Yandards and compared his Koni T/A H&R set up to my Koni T/A Eibachs which crash and bang something horrid and I just HATE driving her. So the Eibachs are for the bin (unless anyone wants them once they're off) and H&Rs here I come.

Missed you all at BVF :(

cheers guys,just updated the thread.

i dont expect much help from the police as usual :roll:

sorry,back to the topic-i think ill treat the g60 to an oil/filter change,i feel like ive hurt it doing stupid mph :cry:

neil.

Whoah mate, that's mental... Glad to hear yr ok...!

Finally converted the one remaining green switch to red yesterday, gonna have a crack at fixing my heater controls today which should mean that my aircon buttons light up red and the illumination conversion is complete! Woooo!

Though am considering reversing the LCD screens now... :roll:

Gotta try and temporarily sort the headlining out til I get some new fabric... :(

That's crazy Riley, but glad to hear that you got out of the situation OK. Megane vs. G60? No contest :)

whoah @ Riley... Glad you're OK mate... :|

I finished bolting the engine into H-YYU last night and drove her to work this morning... My face now aches from all the grinning... Damn, she's good fun to drive, even when I'm taking it easy! :lol: :twisted:

Spent couple hours at Midland VW today

Having the electrics checked over, good lads there.

Think the problem is sussed but gotta wait and see

chris

After driving Yandards valver yesterday :) :) - many thanks - and realised how AWFUL my present front suspension is (Koni T/A inserts & Eibachs) have ordered new Koni T/A full struts and a set of H&Rs. Also had a shufti at the top mounts (why do vag call these 'suspension strut storage'?) which don't look too healthy at all despite having been replaced so they are destined for the bin.

Also have a list of other stuff to do now so might be on this thread a bit more soon :)

Make sure you do the suspension up properly this time Chris ;)

Fitted ported/polished cylinder head to the car on Saturday, along with a replacement passenger sunvisor curtosy of dubbprince.

Ah, you remember that then Jim LOL . I was in a bit of a rush to get finished and make the meet - no excuses tho' :oops:

put talcum powder on my alternator belt so i can go to jury service tomorrow not looking like a c*ck :D

oh and nearly chopped off my dads finger with the alternator fan.. oops

Went to swap my sunvisors for swanky VR6 Passat ones only to find that they sit at the wrong angle and look just wrong... And this was after I'd modified the wiring plugs to suit... Grrrr.... Stropped out and started stripping trim in preparation for getting the headlining out instead...!

Carried on stripping me blue c

Took all the stereo out & Cabling,

The alcantara roof lining, had a look to see if i can use it in me new one with elec sunroof, no go there so to uttilise the expensive roof lining i need to fit the sun hatch aswell

Got the front wings off

Battled with the top mount bolts for a while, then managed to get them undone so my Fk's are now ready to be fitted to my other c

thats about it for today unless the british weather picks up

chris

Fitted my new abs sensor, only for the abs light to come on past 15mph as expected. So went to VW to get 2x abs rotors only to be told I may need some 'covers' as well? Decided that these covers are tosh (ready to be wrong :lol:) so got my new rotors, got in the car to head to work and the abs light didn’t come one once all the way to work!

Crazy rados!!

Also fitted my key blade into a VW flick key, just need to either recode my alarm to accept the new key fob or ‘squeeze’ my existing fob circuit bored into the flick key. As seen here: Flick key

drove down to reading and met asim, MOONLIGHTVR, and bought hes bbs rc wheels, top bloke, he even put them on for me!! i had a big smile on my face driving up the m40 even if it was pissing down. :D :D

they look quality mate their the perfect wheel for the corrado in that price range no doubt

Amen, love those wheels - very nice :D

Only thing I've done recently is strip the interior off the driver's door, removed the side mouldings on the offside ready for spraying and kept telling myself I'm going to have a rado that's all one colour soon... ...and have the spot on the bumper touched up, the door sills sprayed, slight crease on the passenger door smoothed out...

:D

im really starting to like the rc's 8) looks sh1t hot m8! about the only bbs i like unless its a split with black center.

i fitted the air/fuel and voltage gauge today,also in the rain :lol:

neil.

air-fuelfitting2.jpg