Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Due to finally completely running out of money, yesterday made a start on tinting Laura's rear lights (and doing a proper job of it this time!). Had a bit too much beer to drink though, and had to abandon it halfway through for fear of messing it up!

Hoped to finish it today but it's raining and I have nowhere to spray, boo...

I'm also tinting my lights at the moment, done all the prep work and masking just waiting for the paint to arrive.

tinting Laura's rear lights (and doing a proper job of it this time!).

gradeAfailure, I took yours & scarlett's advice from a previous thread and ordered 'savage' tinting spray... was this a bad move then??

Progress so far...

http://www.the-corrado.net/wiki/index.p ... s&rcid=836

gonna get the bodyshop man to do mine when she goes in,he said he would for no extra cost anyway,although i feel more than capable of doin the with a rattle can :D

i polished my ISV added a bit of colour to it aswell(where it says VDO made in germany)red with the writin polished up,also colour coded me alternator cover,get some pics this week(when i lend a camera :lol: )

errrmmm not alot.. got to clean it lol

Oh & got some new winter rims lol

see members Gallery!

removed all 136 of the mostly corroded nuts & bolts from my bbs 3-piece rims, what a boring, repetetive & knuckle scraping job!

Not so much what I did today as the last couple of days. Spent a whole day getting the crank pulley bolt out and a couple of hours putting it all back together.

i went into a music shop to buy te C some new rear speakers, didnt have any in stock tho. gotta wait till end of week. im off ill tho at mo.

I'm on nightshift this week and instead of sleeping today I decided to install my amp and sub. Added to this is the second pheonix gold amp which I bought off ebay. Many hours spent pulling apart interior (which, by the way, doesn't seem to have been apart before!) and cutting myself. Oh the joy! :lol:

replaced Ball Joints and replaced the front tyres (left tyre that had worn excessivly on the inside edge). i'd forgotten how nice it was to drive a car that doesnt pull hard to the left. :D

found out that somebody had prised off my rear vw badge. thieves. the one time I park my car outside our cabin up in the mountains, and some punk comes and steal it. im not sure if I should buy a new one or smooth stuff over in the back. that could look good, I think, but I ain't sure. opinions?

Installed my new wiper mechanism after being without wipers during a week of near constant rain. Good old rainX! Top tip .... it doesn't work for snow :scatter: Fitted a new Alpine head unit which has too many adjustments to cope with.

found out that somebody had prised off my rear vw badge. thieves. the one time I park my car outside our cabin up in the mountains, and some punk comes and steal it.

Err, certain people used to do that in this country, but that was the 80's!

Behind with the times again! :wink:

Andy T, ey, are you talking crap about my country again? oh well, getting used to it by now ;)

today I found the badge in the glove compartment. nice thieves.

Wash and polish, then a monterous skank averaging 18 mpg!!! then put her back into the garage. Was the first time she had been driven in a week or so. and after driving my big old merc there was a huge grin on my face.

I bloody love my C!