Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Autumn is now here and winter is on its way so i got a few things done that ive been putting off for ages.

Fitted a new Gates cambelt kit. Got it from ebay for £14 best offer. here or here

Fitted new ferrodo rear brake pads. (ebc greens fell to bits when i removed them!)

Weatherproofed and black detailed rear in-pro lights.

Put my original black detailed headlights back on. (thinking of selling the black angel eyes)

Repaired rear number plate plinth.

Removed and greased internals of interior heater fan motor. (was making a noise)

Repaired noisy power steering belt.

Adjusted sun roof. (wasn't sitting flush when closed letting air in at high speed)

Changed oil.

Checked tyre pressures.

Wax oiled inside of all wheel arches.

Tracked down and repaired leak in boot area. Water getting in behind the corrado badge. :clap:

Started making some smoothed wing mirrors...

:salute:

Not all today but over last week.

- fitted 15mm spacers all round a while back and the 2 rears wouldnt sit flush and the wheel looked buckeld so have ground down the hubs a bit and now they sit perfect:-)

Its good to have 4 wheels that all point the same way.

- stripped wing mirror,handle and side repeater off, painted side of car and put back together. looks much better as someone had keyed the car front to back but need to get properly flatted back and polished up.

- swapped my momo wheel out for an original

finally got the rear spoiler working again on the switch, only hope it goes up auto now, then cleaned the contacts on the mirror adjuster and that started working again too, so then rescued the little alarm LED from inside the dash

next job coolant drain, thermostat, rad thermoswitch, aux water pump, yellow temp sender and refill.... to then be followed by lupo wipers, rear hub rebuild and the sunroof replacement :D

Fitted a new Gates cambelt kit. Got it from ebay for £14 best offer. here or here

Fitted new ferrodo rear brake pads. (ebc greens fell to bits when i removed them!)

Weatherproofed and black detailed rear in-pro lights.

Put my original black detailed headlights back on. (thinking of selling the black angel eyes)

Repaired rear number plate plinth.

Removed and greased internals of interior heater fan motor. (was making a noise)

Repaired noisy power steering belt.

Adjusted sun roof. (wasn't sitting flush when closed letting air in at high speed)

Changed oil.

Checked tyre pressures.

Wax oiled inside of all wheel arches.

Tracked down and repaired leak in boot area. Water getting in behind the corrado badge. :clap:

Started making some smoothed wing mirrors...

And then... yesterday the power steering pump bracket snapped in half and sheared off both bolts in the block. :censored:

All fixed today. Needless to say, it wont snap again!

SL371273.JPG

SL371274.JPG

:lol:

Sounds great, Warwick! 8)

I changed all the seats for black ones and the rear door cards (with help from _Andy_ and his Dad :) ). Just need to change the front cards now...

Superb picture mate - taking it the rebuild VR kept a big smile on your face the whole way round? :)

Superb picture mate - taking it the rebuild VR kept a big smile on your face the whole way round? :)

Definately! - As it was my first track day in it I had an instructor come out with me for the first session and he commented on how good the brakes felt, even by the end of the session. He was also commented on how well the car pulled down the straights - well i did have to back off down the pit straight as i re-caught the Alpina B3 that i'd let through before the last corner 8) - so the car that VW built did well and the 'DG' refinements kept me grinning and on the black stuff all day :salute:

1 more pic from the day:

Sussed the water dripping from my passenger A-pillar is not due to a blocked sunroof drain. Need it to rain hard again to see if it's the screen seal leaking or another bit of the sunroof :scratch:

Sussed the water dripping from my passenger A-pillar is not due to a blocked sunroof drain. Need it to rain hard again to see if it's the screen seal leaking or another bit of the sunroof :scratch:

why not using a bottle of water?

Definately! - As it was my first track day in it I had an instructor come out with me for the first session and he commented on how good the brakes felt, even by the end of the session. He was also commented on how well the car pulled down the straights - well i did have to back off down the pit straight as i re-caught the Alpina B3 that i'd let through before the last corner 8) - so the car that VW built did well and the 'DG' refinements kept me grinning and on the black stuff all day :salute:

1 more pic from the day:

was there by any chance a ford focus rs with black wheels and a red honda civic at this track day?

if so how did they fair against you?

why not using a bottle of water?

Because it didn't leak with copious bottles of water - annoyingly!! :lol:

There is a small seam-looking bit in the sunroof tray that looked a bit tatty so i smeared that with vaseline maybe I've fixed it :shrug: Yeh right!! We'll see on friday when it's s'posed to p!ss it down!!!! 8)

got wet fitting a offside front abs sensor and the blue temp sender in the engine bay and now vag com says its all working nice again :D

Tried to start it the fisrt time in three weeks......not a chance not even enough juice to open the doors

so that brought my quick spin to a dead halt before it had started :bad-words:

quickly did a section of clay on the front bonnet :shock: omg what a difference, never used clay before