Sign in to follow this  
Storm

Alfa Brera - Automotive heaven?

I'm really struggling here, I want to be phoning the Alfa dealer in the morning with my credit card.

Looks like a mixture of an Alfa and a C!

Your right, my brother in law had a 156 and I swear it had the best steering of any FWD car I have ever driven. If it drives like that car did and with that bodyshell its going to be a runaway success.

Just hope its not fat like most modern day cars.

Damnit, my credit card limit isn't that high...

Definitely liking the one in the top pics more...

Alfa have always come up with lush cars though - SZ anyone?

sz_30_1991_450.jpg

Will be FWD on lower powered models and 4WD on V6 / higher powered models. V6 will be the Alfa versions of the new GM V6 - said to be very different from the GM engines (hopefully), rumour of twin turbo 400BHP version at a later stage

It would be good if it drove as well as the SZ - one of the greatest driving cars of recent years - not hugely fast but a fantastic combination of power, handling, steering and braking - was lucky enough to drive an SZ several years ago at Mugello - yearned for one ever since and now becoming nearly affordable

It would be good if it drove as well as the SZ - one of the greatest driving cars of recent years - not hugely fast but a fantastic combination of power, handling, steering and braking - was lucky enough to drive an SZ several years ago at Mugello - yearned for one ever since and now becoming nearly affordable

They still go about 20k, seen a few in autotrader over the months, very rare so I cant imagine it would depreciate that much.

They were 40k new, 1000 SZ's were built and 241 RZ's, running costs are actually pretty reasonable, only expensive bits are body panels and trim - seen a few for around the 20k mark myself - seem to have been at that level for a couple of years now

the SZ's a funny old thing design-wise, it shouldnt work but somehow it does! its just a big slabsided box with wheels and a roof...but it looks SO good 8)

Alfa really do know how to design cars, I do hope this makes it to production (unchanged)if fiat will let them- the Alfa Romeo 8c competizione. Probably the nicest looking car I have seen for years! Wonder how much it would cost if it did?

That has now been put on hold following the amalgamation of Alfa and Maserati. It was scheduled to use the 4.2 litre Maserati V8 and cost about 75k, apparently been scrapped due to it being considered as direct competition to the Maserati 4200GT and its successor

That has now been put on hold following the amalgamation of Alfa and Maserati. It was scheduled to use the 4.2 litre Maserati V8 and cost about 75k, apparently been scrapped due to it being considered as direct competition to the Maserati 4200GT and its successor

:( what a waste! I love the back end of that car, pitty they are all owned by fiat :( ....

andy665, you know your alfa's - you owned one/wish to own one/admire them but wouldn't own one yourself due to reliability issues?

Just a bit of a motoring anorak I'm afraid - Alfas are my first love though - as the 300 models and 200+ books would testify to. Alfas are like a beautiful woman - best admired from a distance, could be seriously tempted by a low mileage 147 GTA in 12 months time though

Just a bit of a motoring anorak I'm afraid - Alfas are my first love though - as the 300 models and 200+ books would testify to. Alfas are like a beautiful woman - best admired from a distance, could be seriously tempted by a low mileage 147 GTA in 12 months time though

I've always loved Alfa's too and had the lucky opportunity to choose a company car a while back, went for the Alfa straight away (would never buy one myself, but if the company has the responsibility...). Had a black 147 with red momo leather seats, was a beaut, and nothing much went wrong with it in the time I had it, only very minor electrical stuff, seemed really well put together too, maybe Alfa are getting their act together? Would love to have an alfa again some day, always been tempted by the 3.0 V6 GTV.

GTA would be awesome though, especially if autodelta got their hands on it!

They should have put the Nuvola into production - amazing how similar the Bristol Fighter looks to it