Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

corrado campaign

anyone seen one of these rare breeds? anyone on the forums own one? I am looking for some pics for my collection, thanks. the UK corrado club has some but they arent enough. thanks guys.

While we're on the subject, I just wonder Campaign and Jimbo:

a) How long have you owned your campaigns?

b) Who was foolish enough to sell them to you (or are you the original owners?)

c) How much you paid for them, if you don't mind me asking?

d) Are they daily drivers?

e) Are you ever likely to sell?

anyone seen one of these rare breeds? anyone on the forums own one? I am looking for some pics for my collection, thanks. the UK corrado club has some but they arent enough. thanks guys.

Yeah.. as Blue_Joe says, both of those guys own Corrado Campaigns.

Seen Campaign's car before and whilst there is no escaping the fact that the brick red and blue interior is pretty in your face, the fact that its so damn rare means it could be trimmed in bright pink with yellow polka dots.. i'd still want it :)

jimsG60, The colour isn't exactly rare though, its been used in Alfa Romeo's BMW Apinas and Porsche for quite some time.

Although it doesnt look that nice in sunlight, in low light it looks amazing :D

Sorry.. I meant rare in Corrado's.. you know, there only ever being 6 Campaigns and all that ;)

theres a simular 'brick' colour used in the 350z, looks blo*dy awful if you ask me! I know what you mean though jim, its the rarity of the campaign that makes it attractive, not sure i could live with the interiour myself!

I hear what your saying Jim.

I personally dont think the Mauve colour goes with the red interior as well as it does with the Metallic black.

While we're on the subject, I just wonder Campaign and Jimbo:

a) How long have you owned your campaigns?

b) Who was foolish enough to sell them to you (or are you the original owners?)

c) How much you paid for them, if you don't mind me asking?

d) Are they daily drivers?

e) Are you ever likely to sell?

Okay, answers

a) - I've had mine for just over 3 years now.

b) - A guy in Norfolk called Tim Adinell who was on his second (really!) Campaign. I'm not 100% as to which the other one was that he owned. As far as I know there is only one that is still with it's original owner, who lives in Suffolk and isn't really an enthusiast as she hasn't joined the club or replied to any notes left on her car.

c) I do mind ;)

d) Are you kidding ;)

e) nope! - I've had my Scirocco Storm for 14 years now, and the have no reason to sell it or the Campaign as long as I've got somewhere to keep it. No chance - sorry ;)

I hear what people say about the "in your face" interior, but you learn to live with it to be honest, it's not quite as bright as it looks in photos and is very comfortable.

Also you get all the toys, (electric Recaros, leather EVERYWHERE) in fact the only thing it's missing is Air-con, but I'm thinking about adding that soon (provided I don't get shot for that!)

I hear what your saying Jim.

I personally dont think the Mauve colour goes with the red interior as well as it does with the Metallic black.

Majik - you're only jealous 'coz you didn't get the dashboard ;)

For other's information - Majik has one of the interiors from a written off Campaign - there is only evidence of 4 originals being left in existence...

Yeah.. gotta agree.. aircon is hardly the most valuable addition in the world for this country.

Keep it stock for petes sake.. there are so few of them left! :(

Campaign, NO NO NO NO to aircon for me!!! keep it as it is, its such a rare car and TBH how often do we need aircon in this country!!

You see - this is the price you have to pay for owning one of the rarest VWs on the planet ;)

To paraphrase somebody who I can't remember - You don't own these cars, you are merely the keeper for a while ;)

TBH how often do we need aircon in this country!!

Always, as I found to my detriment with my US-G60, ie. the one day in the year that British temperatures rise above bl***dy rainy cold weather, and it happens to be a weekend, and I happen to be driving the Rado ... lots of ifs.

How about cruise control? Now that's a nice thing to have in y'r Rado :-)

Tempest

ok so anyone got any pictures? thats what I was looking for, campaign I know that one recently sold for 60,000 euros or pounds, it was amazing. in all actuality you have the rarest production vw in the history of their existence. prototypes are the only ones that are rarer at this point, how you got one I dont know. pics would be cool. and post a pic of yourself in the lets see what our members look like forum. AC would be great in the states, I have none being that I have an oil cooler that takes up half my radiator space. keep it stock, worth more that way. u better have a gun too cause one day I am coming over and stealing it! kidding.... 8)

shure i saw one for sale a while ago - but didnt know what it was :( - cheep too ,,, just thought the colour was bad so didnt look again :( aggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!

that is one of the most beautiful things I think I have ever seen

Makes me wanna cry :D

pmsl, aye :lol: cause you've only got parts of an interior!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

i like the campaigns, look nicer in the flesh, its the purple stripes that bug me tho, if it were mine id loose the steering wheel and the doorpods instantly.

id even be tempted to use brick alcantara in the seat centres.

if it were mine id loose the steering wheel and the doorpods instantly.

id even be tempted to use brick alcantara in the seat centres.

Yeah that steering wheel is grim. Not liking the interior at all in actual fact, but given the car's rarity, changing it would be a crime of the greatest magnitude!

changing it would be a crime of the greatest magnitude!

such as murder/rape/armed robbery/terrorism???? :D

wouldnt bother me that much, recaro's have seperate centres and the steering wheels and door cards can be swapped back within an hour.

sorted.