Sign in to follow this  
Campaign

Which is better pic?

Just now id say second one, but if someone could p-shop the first one straight I may change my mind.

Just now id say second one, but if someone could p-shop the first one straight I may change my mind.

cross-posting my crop from No-Rice, but hey, you did ask :)

jeremy_crop.jpg

cross-posting my crop from No-Rice, but hey, you did ask :)

jeremy_crop.jpg

Yeah, that's kinda good. Haven't had time to do any cropping or anything on these pics yet. From a "composition" point of view it was pure accident as I had spent about 3 minutes waiting for people to move from around the front of the rallye and then just as I was taking it some bloke drives past in front.... But then, looking back I kinda prefered the original.

the first pic , it's more vibrant , although it disturbs me that they are parked so close esp with it being lhd

the first pic , it's more vibrant , although it disturbs me that they are parked so close esp with it being lhd

Yeah good point, I'd have asked them to move a bit, then the first pic would be the best ;)

Neither is a good pic in my opinion, but the first one isnt as bad as second.

That wasn't the question, I know they're not particularly good pics from a composition or technical point of view, BUT it's more which is more "pleasing to the eye..."

Yep, Dinkus' effort is best because it actually puts the Rallye into context. The other two are just two random photos of a bunch of cars and means nothing to anyone except the snapper.

Erm, and Dinkus, how do you do that B&W background trickery? Can paint shop pro do that?

Yep, Dinkus' effort is best because it actually puts the Rallye into context. The other two are just two random photos of a bunch of cars and means nothing to anyone except the snapper.

Erm, and Dinkus, how do you do that B&W background trickery? Can paint shop pro do that?

:lol: I wasn't sure if anyone had noticed the missing cars... that took ages!

And the B&W thing can be done fairly easily...

Cut round the car (I find the point to point tool works best) and copy it.

Convert the image to greyscale and then back to full colour (the picture will stay greyscale, but you then have a full colour pallate to use again)

Paste the car back on top :)

you could also then mess about with the scale of the Rallye and make it appear that the other car is about to hit it... or is that just my warped mind at work again?!? :oops: :lol:

you could also then mess about with the scale of the Rallye and make it appear that the other car is about to hit it... or is that just my warped mind at work again?!? :oops: :lol:

think its just your warped mind again lol. first pic that dinkus did if we're counting them if not pic 1