Sign in to follow this  
WONGA

Newbie to the Corrado scene

Hi there everyone,newbie here.Just found the site from Performance VW after searching helplessely on google.

Just put a deposit on a 2.0 16v J reg Corrado in midnight blue(i think thats what colour it is!!) I paid £1800 for it.It has 101,000 miles on it ans is in very good condition.

Iwas originally wanting a VR6 but they are fairly hard to come by and a bit outta my price range(and insurance!) so I opted for a 2.0.

I used to own a Golf Driver about 4 years ago and it got written off by some idiot T boneing me so then I went French and got a saxo(I was young and stupid!!) so I thought i'd get back into the veedub scene and what better way than a Rado!

I will be picking it up this weekend hopefully so I cant wait to get slightly modding it.First thing will be a debadged grill and grill spoiler and an Induction kit.I think it has already been lowered about 30mm and has a full through Scorpion zorst with Twin DTM's,it sounds very nice indeed.

that's all for now

steve

Nice one! Sounds like you got yourself a good deal :) Must be one of the first 2.016v's too- my first one was a J-reg as well.

Induction kit is a no-no on the valvers- think Stroeve is the only one available and it's in the engine bay, so not really any benefit. Go for a panel filter with a cold air feed to the airbox- gives a bit of a power gain, sounds nice, quite cheap and easy DIY :wink: Have fun!

Sounds like you got a good deal for a 2.0 16V! I paid £3K a couple of years ago for a 2.0 valver with 70K on the clock 8)

Anyways welcome to the forum mate - get some pics up once you've got her :D

Welcome to the forum. Interesting choice of username.........yes you will need some WONGA now that you own a Corrado.

what up wonga!

sounds like a good buy

stick some pics up!!!

i remember first driving my corrado. it was just so good. still feels good now! a timeless car, for sure. the best mk2 golf money can buy.

bonjour...sounds like you live near me mate....hope you got lots of WONGA ...raddos can be a bit of a money-pit truth be known!

im sure ill catch sight of you around town at some point.

welcome wonga

yeah, never forgotten my first test drive and still love em to bits everyday

yeah, never forgotten my first test drive and still love em to bits everyday

im the same mate. ever since the first time i sat in one i knew one day i just had to have one. The thing now is, i dont ever want to part with it!

I'm on my third Corrado now and I still remember every one I've driven while test driving them... 8)