Sign in to follow this  
scarlett

on the hard shoulder..... again!!!!!!!!

guess where i ended up last nite with Scarlett.... yup, stuck at the side of the road with her having a hissy fit and refusing to go anywhere... again!!! i've been driving for 8 years, have had 6 cars and have ended up on the hard shoulder more time with her than all the others put together!!!

'74 VW Beetle - never broke down.

Renault 5 - it was held together with rust but old had to stop once cos it over heated.

Alfa 145 - had it 2 years and no probs cept pulling over once to change a tyre.

Ford Focus - had it 2 years and done 60,000 miles in it and it stopped once.

Corsa - (not my choice of car! hated it) no probs in 18 months.

Jeep Cherokee - again had to change a wheel.

Scarlett - only had her 2 months - had to get towed home by AA cos burst a tyre on back roads and then burst spare.... ended up on hard shoulder twice cos of oil pressure light flashing.... wouldnt start at all one nite and had to be towed home by my mate - only for her to start when we got home... ended up on hard shoulder again when exhaust fell off... again wouldnt start one nite and had to leave her in town and go back next day to try again, again she started 1st time - and of course there was last nite where we were going till suddenly we lost power, got it again, lost it, got it again - pulled over on hard shoulder - turned her off then on, she seemed ok, then 500 yards down the road it happens agina nd i had to crawl home!!!!! aaarrrrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!!! :mad:

strange thing is is still wouldnt swap her for any other car in the world!!!!!

am i mad?????

No, perfectly sane. On Monday I spent three hours waiting on the side of the road for the RAC with a girl I know after she called to say she'd broken down - nice response time for a lone female by the way Mr. RAC. She too was slightly disillusioned about her Corrado at the time. It turned out to be a stupid ignition fault caused by the incompetent garage she used the week before. A couple of days later and the love has returned.....

ahahahaha.

driving in my 'c' with my mrs in the passenger seat is a close as im ever gonna get to a threesome.

At least you always know where you stand with the rado (usually next to it with the bonnet up!!)

agreed!!! :D

At least you always know where you stand with the rado (usually next to it with the bonnet up!!)

thats usually where i stand with women too!

small pictures of people who appear to be badly dressed homosexuals? I'll order in a job-lot and make a killing on ebay! :D

Sounds like it's time to replace the dizzy and rotor arm to me... (if the 2.0 16v has them!)

Sounds like it's time to replace the dizzy and rotor arm to me... (if the 2.0 16v has them!)

thanks - thats been suggested - getting her looked at tonite (my mates a mechanic who loves Rados. bonus!!)

Could also be the ignition switch, mines on its way out, every now and then when it wont start i have to hold the wiring at the back of the switch while i turn my key. Works every time then.

Its one of those i'll get round to it jobs.