Storm

Diavia Aircon info thread.

i have one in my corrado, its never been any good, i felt a bit of "cool" air once, but had it on for over 30mins while driving the other day and noticed no difference really.

i presumed it just needed a re gas? i should get it looked at now its warming up

id say yours needs a regas yes,

If its not used frequently it will lose its pressure over time.

Well im nearly there,

All ive got left to do is to solder the A/C loom to the fan thermoswitch so that it bridges the sender and switches the fans on when the A/C button is pressed then its off for regas!!

Fingers crossed ill have A/C this weekend just in time for me going to the Nurburgring! :clap:

Well its working!

Cant believe it, im so happy as i love this car to bits but driving round in a dark car with black interior and black leather in the heat is not fun.

I had several issues with my install which was from a Mk3 Golf and its a royal pain in the arse to fit this system even though in principle its quite a simple set up.

If you want it to look perfect - ie factory fit then be prepared to take a lot of time doing the fiddly little bits like trimming the pass side under dash shelf to fit the new heater box, also i kept the fan intake shroud under the scuttle cover, you have to trim this to suite if you want to re-use it,

Overall a complete pain in the arse to fit but feeling that lovely cool air on my face this afternoon has made it all worthwhile!

Cheers Pete.

Does the aircon create a lot of condensation? My dad borrowed my car yesterday and had the a/c on all the time he used it, when I took the car out of the garage later on I realised there was a small puddle of water where the car had been sitting. It was roughly in the heater box position and assumed it must be condensation, I checked the coolant level which was fine. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, its quite normal, especaily as the weather has been quite wet, so there will avhe been a fair amount of moisture being dried out. Nothing to worry about. You should see the amount it drops after a rainfall and you use the aircon to demist teh windows.

might turn mine on and see if it works, (which i know it doesn't)

should reallytry to get it working this year

is that a complete aftermarket kit.? cause in my g60, is a converted system from the old R12 to the new R134a. I have a a/c charger wich doesn´t work that well, and either needs rebuild or swapped to a new. I didn´t that you could buy a aftermarket system. Is the charger and everything with the system? and how much does it cost.?

Hi, does anyone know where i can get the relays for the ac. I force checked the system, it is working but i am missing one of the small relays.

Hi, does anyone know where i can get the relays for the ac. I force checked the system, it is working but i am missing one of the small relays.

Which relay are you missing?, im sure its not a specific Diavia Relay just a normal generic switched relay.

It is the bottom left relay on the relay cluster, actually all i need to know is the number on the pins for this relay to get a generic replacement. If someone could tell me the pin numbers i will be able to find a replacement. the numbers are on the bottom of the relay beside each pin but not on the socket of the relay pack.

It is the bottom left relay on the relay cluster, actually all i need to know is the number on the pins for this relay to get a generic replacement. If someone could tell me the pin numbers i will be able to find a replacement. the numbers are on the bottom of the relay beside each pin but not on the socket of the relay pack.

i can get a picture later today for you as im doing the loom for my a/c today.

I have this system in my project VR6.

The fan only works on speed 4 so i was going to replace the thermal fuse, but having a quick look at the system yesterday it wasnt just a case of a quick turn and the fan is out.

Is it just a case of removing all the screws(if i can get to them all) and them removing the base for access to the fan?

you dont need to remove the fan to replace the thermal fuse. I assume teh glovebox etc has been removed? Take out the vent and push the flexi to one side. You will see a square cover the size of a small matchbox on top of teh air handling unit. There will be some wires coming from this - yellow/white, yellow, white and one other (cant remember but you will recognise them) Disconnect these, noting where they fit back. There is a philips screw facing you and another you cant really see directly opposite, towards the firewall. Remove these. The latter will need either a small screwdriver, or a thin flexible fitting. You can then pull out the resistor set and you'll see a Lancia/Fiat labelled cylinder at the front. This is the thermal fuse. Cut this off (its rivetted in) and solder in your thermal fuse. I've posted a thread somewhere on this, cant remember what its called though :( Let me know how you get on and i'll be happy to help if you you run into any issues.

Just a quick question for those with a Davia install......Do you have a hole cut into your foliage cover as I do in the attached pic?

The hole is there to allow clearance for the arm attached to the motor. Looks the motor was fitted to high and the hole was made as a bodge job! Just want to see if others have this issue or it's just me....

Cheers

Yes, mine is the same except the wires go through a hole poked in the side of the cover.

It really does look like a bodge!

Mine has the hole but only noticed the wire going through. Not noticed the motor, but can look. Am in the process of removing all mine.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. I'm in the process of fitting a Jetex pollen filter, so will probably drill a hole in the side of the foliage cover and route the cable through there. As the Jetex pollen filter sits on top of the foliage cover there might be enough clearance. I don't want to be making a hole in the pollen filter as it defeats the objective!!

My aircon hasn't worked in years! It's on my to-do list this year, so I greased the mechanism near the motor and tested by sending 12v through the motor....at least it still worked :)

yes thats the freash air recirc flap. Whilst you're there, spray the housing that the flap moves in to ensure it will move up and down without straining or causing any squeeks. Yes mine also has that hole cut into the mesh. A bit amateurish if you ask me..

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

get the aircon sorted Dan it really does blow ice cold even in the hottest of temps!