Sign in to follow this  
surfer.vr6

Whats the most embarrasing moment you've had in your corrado

LOL - same here, Just sailed thru the MOT and goes lumpy as I reverse out the garage, then cuts out 3 times on the way home... Grrreeeatt!

Not again ...... thought you had it sorted ??

Started new job last week - trained for one week. Got put in department this week - talking to guys about my hobbies - tell them about the car - they have seen it in the car park - have a laugh with this other guy - who was saying his Focus ST170 would destroy my car - come out to my car at the end of they day and have left my lights on - battery totally dead! One of the guys has to give me a jumpstart!

That happened today! Oh how I'm dreading tomorrow. What's worse is that they tried to push the motor first and kept pushing on the spoiler! So we abandonned that idea!

driving along at 110mph - it just started to rain - and of there own accord the leckie windows just went down , and stayed down :( we got weter than wet

Started new job last week - trained for one week. Got put in department this week - talking to guys about my hobbies - tell them about the car - they have seen it in the car park - have a laugh with this other guy - who was saying his Focus ST170 would destroy my car.

It always amuses me how people, who think they have a quick car, are quick to laugh at the Corrado because they have absolutely no idea of its potential.. a woman at work was quite confident that her 2.0 16v huge ass RAV4 would eat my G60 in a race. I could barely keep a straight face as I told her it had no chance.. sadly never got the chance to prove it to her! :(

It always amuses me how people, who think they have a quick car, are quick to laugh at the Corrado because they have absolutely no idea of its potential.. a woman at work was quite confident that her 2.0 16v huge ass RAV4 would eat my G60 in a race. I could barely keep a straight face as I told her it had no chance.. sadly never got the chance to prove it to her! :(

Yeah, I was following this chav I know one day, next time I saw him he says 'not many people get the chance to follow me cos I'm too fast'

Err, hang on mate, I have a 1.8 16v and you have a 1.2 chav mobile(fiesta) .....think I might be a little faster...... :wink:

Started new job last week - trained for one week. Got put in department this week - talking to guys about my hobbies - tell them about the car - they have seen it in the car park - have a laugh with this other guy - who was saying his Focus ST170 would destroy my car - come out to my car at the end of they day and have left my lights on - battery totally dead! One of the guys has to give me a jumpstart!

That happened today! Oh how I'm dreading tomorrow. What's worse is that they tried to push the motor first and kept pushing on the spoiler! So we abandonned that idea!

if it's any consolation one tried it on with me last Friday on the way home from work. He got annihilated up the duel carriage way MOOHOOHAAHAA!! The ST170's will never learn!! Right little Kev driving it 2!!

Embarrassing story - Not in the G, in my 1st car - nova sr. Just spent a small fortune on a new ported head, nutty cam & carbs etc. Fitted it all myself, was booked in for a tune up the next day, so it wasn't running quite how it should, but seemed ok. Myself and a mate decided to pop down the Mc'y D's drive through, absolutely packed on a Saturday afternoon. I'm about 2 cars away from the 1st window, and the car dies! It's gotten it's self chocked up (over fuelling) and wouldn't start for nothing!!! :shock: My mate had to push me to the 1st window to order, then stand there while I ordered, then push me on to the collection window, and then finally off in to a space :oops: That was probably my most embarrassing in car event ever! Silly thing was, after we had finished eating, it started 1st time & didn't do it again till the tune up.

My mate had to push me to the 1st window to order, then stand there while I ordered, then push me on to the collection window, and then finally off in to a space

PMSL at that one :) :) - Like the avatar too 8)

pulled up next to an Exige at the lights today, at junction of very quiet, long stretch of dual carridgeway. he looked over, i looked back. we both looked at the lights.

First Gear: WWWWAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH.... close, he has slight edge.

Second Gear: WWWWAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH... i'm gaining..

FIFTH Gear: B***ocks.. i look a d**khead.

to add insult to injury, i then get undertaken by a Citroen C2, driver laughing. sorry guys, i'm not worthy.

Having completed the 400 miles from York to Cornwall on one (55litre) tank, with the fuel gauge nowhere near the red, I came down the hill to the carpark by the beach, pulled in, and the car cut out right in the entrance way. I had to get help from all the aircooled lads to push my car out of the way so I could stick a can of petrol in... Doh!

just went through a drive through and the window got stuck. too close to wall to open door, had to give order through sunroof, maccys was packed at the time

just went through a drive through and the window got stuck. too close to wall to open door, had to give order through sunroof, maccys was packed at the time

you're just showing off that your sunroof works arn't you :p

That reminds me a few years ago at a drive through - a guy came out of a bus (must've been a day trip) and tried to order about a dozen BigMacs and was promptly refused because it was a drive through. I told him to wait a minute, and once we had our order, I let him sit in the drivers seat to make his order! The girls face was a picture....not chuffed at all!

When I left my dog in the car and i came back to find that he was sat on the drivers seat and to my horror he pissed all over it.

ok ok...i was driving from a mates house yesterday and was drinking some water at a junction,went to pul out and a car came flying over past me,made me brake HARD and water went all over me and the steering wheel aswell...so i carried on driving down a hill and towards the bottom of the hill there is a left turn. i saw a mate and put my hand up to him and went to steer with one hand,with water being on the steering wheel my hand slipped about halfway through steering,went up onto a kurb and into some of them plasticy bolard thing...i absolutely S*AT myself cos i really hit it,and i thought that was the end of my front bumper and splitter..thing is aswell is that peeps came out afterward cos it was really loud and i felt like a right tit..i couldnt bare to turn round and look at my mate lol!!! so i drove off a bit quick with the number plate holder hangine and a strange noise coming from the back wheels which i was going to sort anyway....i havnt been down that hill since lol..

oh and all that happened was a large scruff on the splitter and a small chip in the bumper thank god,dont know how!

That reminds me a few years ago at a drive through - a guy came out of a bus (must've been a day trip) and tried to order about a dozen BigMacs and was promptly refused because it was a drive through. I told him to wait a minute, and once we had our order, I let him sit in the drivers seat to make his order! The girls face was a picture....not chuffed at all![/quote

i think thats actually hilarious, well done

Not in my C, but my Ibiza GTi. Narrow street, reverse parked and knocked over the moped that was parked perpendicular to the street. I am ashamed to admit I didn't know what to do, so just walked off. :oops:

But the big C sometimes has some central locking issues - the pins sometimes get sucked down and need to be unscrewed from the inside - neither the remote locking nor key locking work. I think someone else said they had to climb in through the boot. I did that one night after the pub, but broke the parcel shelf. Gulp.

However, I also had this problem at a car wash (I know, I know, I'm a lazy git). Trouble is, the machine was broken, so I had to go and get another code from the geezer in the shop to get it started after the initial jet wash. I entered the code, and then tried to get back in the car, but as detailed before, I couldn't. In the mean time, the sprayers all started, and in front of two or three others waiting by this time (and general petrol station traffic) I first panicked, trying to get in, but then had to give up and watch the car be washed from the outside. And then climb in through the boot to unlock it. Brilliant.

:mad:

The Leningrad Cowboy, LOL!

Mine has to be rather recently.

Taking a female off here out for a spin..... and get done for speeding.

Nice. Oh how big and clever I felt then... :'(

I have a list,

Scraping of the chin spoiler in almost every car park with speed humps

Scraping of exhaust in just about every car park with speed humps

Being thrown about by the Konis when in every car park with speed humps

........ speed humps really

Miss fire leading to back fire in the middle of Bristol and scaring the Sh!t out of a load of OAPs

scraping is good...... crashing ya car into a help the aged shop at 10:30 fri night round the corner from a club is embarrassing