Sign in to follow this  
alby

shocked (Inter's Thread)

I went up on saturday , stayed in a hotel and went to the show today. Was only there for about an hour. Expected it to be poop due to last year. E38 is a definite for me.........was FAB last year

Thought it was quite cool! Weather seemed better!

Hardly any good Corrado's although, Saw andy665's Lovely nugget Yellow G60, Very clean, can't believe it's a daily driver! BTW Love the Angel Eyes!

And an interesting G6016v, but done different from how you normally see them, didn't see an owner to chat to it about though!!!

Only Pi**er was...think I got caught speeding by a sneakily placed Scamera Enforcement van 100yds into a 40mph roadworks limit on the A14......where there was about 4 Gatsos aswell!!!!!

Money making.....pure and simple! Bathtubs!

One of the yellow coated marshalls at the campsite said that there were twice as many GTi campers last year. Won't be going back to Wantisden campsite in a hurry, showers weren't even heated! I went with 3 mates, all of us were first timers and we all thought it was a bit disappointing. There wasn't really much to it. I don't know how stands were organised but there were just as many stand/feature worthy cars in the car park as there were in the show. There were a few mag featured Mk 1 Golfs and that mental SWB black quattro to name but a few. Why couldn't they get more cars on stands? Also, £6 a go up the strip. What a complete rip-off. I went to Santa Pod the other day and spent £15 on unlimited runs on a proper drag strip! I did have a laugh but that was probably more down to the fact I was with a few friends and had a few beers. Might go to Ed38 if I get clearance from the g.f.!

Well despite not wanting to go, I seemed to end up there on Sunday and it was pretty crap. There was nothing particularly noteworthy, no real atmosphere to speak of, crap weather and err yeah that's about it.

However, it was good to meet up with quite a lot of people from here, although it sounds like I missed quite a few more.

I'll be going to Wothersee instead next year. That sounds like a proper festival :D

E38 is a must to anyone. It's a really top atmosphere and it sounds like quite a lot of people from CF will be turning up, so we can have a big get-together as well!

About inters in general, what Dinkus said....

But the highlights of my weekend where seeing Steve and Darren from PitStop/Gwerks turn a decrepit old non-running G60 into a purring beast again and meeting lots of folks from the forum!

Trade was Slow this year. Audioscape only punted about £1K's worth this year, compared to £6K last year. Some other traders we spoke to aswell said the same, just tyre-kickers and knob ends this year.

I think GTI International is spiralling down the plug hole personally. Fewer traders are turning up each year and the ones that do are bringing less stock.... general interest from the public seems to be waning too.

E38 seems to be the show of choice at the moment, so I shall be along to that most probably. It's hosted at more sensible time of year than inters aswell....weather wise.

There seemed to be a couple more traders since last year but IMHO the crowds were well down - the smallest I've seen at Inters. The weather was competely crap yet again - pelted by hailstone & rain on both days. Everytime the sun came out and people finished leathering thier cars down again, it pi$$ed down all over again.

The public car park is so far away that many people are now stumping up the fee for Show n shine just to park close to the action. The concours entry was miserable with the majority of the classes only having a single entry. Clearly the date conflict with Worthersee took it's toll with practically no euro cars attending and a many well known UK owners away too.

There is no doubt in my mind that the choice of location for this event for the last three years has now killed it. Last year E38, Stoner Park and GTI Festival were all a lot better shows IMHO. I agree with everyone who says E38 is now easily the premier VW event in the UK.

That said I had a great weekend catching up with with everyone who I saw up there. To a large extent you get as much fun out of a lot of these shows as you're prepared to put into them, but moving the location somewhere closer to the centre of the UK and not getting drowned everyday helps a lot too.

John (enjoying a day off)

not keen on e38 meself.....seems a bit elitist!!!! but never been so will keep an open mind till I go!

where and when is it???

The show genuinely is not eliteist at all.. it had a superb atmosphere last year. Having the best weather of the year probably helped a bit though ;)

I'll certainly be giving E38 a try this year, as a first timer at Inters I enjoyed it, found the overall atmosphere very friendly (much better than comparable Ford events that I have been to). It was good to meet up with people from the forum, I didn't go looking for masses of trade stands or inspiration - if I did I would have been disappointed. I treated it more as a social event and being with friends and fellow VW fans on the West Sussex Club GTi stand made it a very relaxing and fun weekend.

Think I'll pop along to E38 seeing as it's only half hour up the road from me. Do you have to be an E38 member?

Nope, just pay for a ticket :D

It's well worth camping overfor the night as it's a real festival atmosphere. Last year they laid on a free disco-in-a-tent type affair and had a bar there too.

Cool, I'll be going then. By September hopefully she'll have had her respray so I won't have to hide her in a corner. :D

The marshalling on the campsite was a joke again this year... if it continues they're gonna end up with some poor sod in a tent getting runover as some idiot Chav handbrake turns their (non VW, again )car over the tent... :roll: The showers WERE heated on the saturday, but ran out of gas on the sunday morning and so were ice cold... any colder and they would have been solid ice.... :|

That's definately the last Inters I'll be going to if it remains at that site... No atmosphere as Phat says, and too bloody far to walk to get anywhere... It was nearly a mile to my car from the autojumble which was just taking the peee.....

It was great to meet up with everyone I bumped into (sorry if I was a little distant Jedi, I was cold and wet at the time... :oops: ) and at least getting p*ssed up at the campsite and chatting to the duch bloke from Roma Tuning and his mates was a laugh on the Friday night... it's given me some interesting ideas for some bits that I've not seen done which may help with freeing some more power out of my 1940cc engine... ;) 8)

What a day.. good to see a few members cars floating abt.. saw phil K's rado parked not to far from myn.. also peter's G plate red corrado.. I did wave but not sure you saw me..

once we walked back to the car.. abt half hr LOL

facking weather was crap.. had more fun driving there & back...

E38 is the show to be at.. 8)

admittedly, there's not a lot in there about the show, :oops: but the dates are there and as soon as I get more info, it'll be put in there... 8)

i went on friday for the whole weekend. was a tad dissapointed but i think many expectations over-ride reality. the first inters is always your best i reckon and it takes some living up to. kinda like a visit to glastonbury festival.

campsite have a nerve trying to extract 15 quid a man for the weekend. we only paid for 1 person of the 3 of us so it wasn't to bad but i reckon id use the other campsite up the road next time or just a field somewhere. if i go again.

Saturday was a real washout due to weather/atmosphere etc but Sunay was much better! Still didn't have the buzz of the past but we had a great time as we went in a group of 15 so a good laff was had by all!

Also, a couple of our crew won their sprint classes on both days ie. Corrado TT (4.6 to 60, 13.2 qtr and beat the swb Quattro) and mk1_charger's mk1 Golf G60 (4.5 and 12.9 and beat Roma Tunings 16vG60 Mk2!!) :wink: