Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

New Car (not a C though :( )

Well here is it. I basically had to sell my Corrado due to work etc, its a long story. VR Highline with the all the obligitary extras. TBH dont care much for the a/c as its not really needed up here in Scotland. Needs a few rust spots tidying and the wheels are pretty scabby.

Spec:

Engine - 50kmiles with FSH. Standard bar k&n panel with drilled airbox.

Chassis - Bilstien Suspension (not coilovers), 6.5 x 16" BBS from Anniversery model with Eagle F1 all round.

Exterior - Completely standard bar proper VR rear badge (which I am going to get)

Interior - Standard apart from Sony MD player and 10CD stack.

I really like it as it is, nice and subtle, but I was maybe thinking of an early VR front spoiler, all red rear Hella lights and maybe different fogs. Do you get the long fog lights that arent crystal? Also need to sort the gearknob & stereo.

Any comments?

Never been a fan of the MK3 tbh, least of all in 5 door guise. I hope you enjoy your new steed.

At least it has a peachy motor and a good interior.

Never been a fan of the MK3 tbh, least of all in 5 door guise. I hope you enjoy your new steed.

At least it has a peachy motor and a good interior.

Yeah, they do look plain from some anlges but from other angles I think they look great. Its bizarre as it feels like driving a bus with all that headroom and the steering wheel is huge. Ive never been a fan of the 5dr but I think the black helps a lot and the noise makes up for it.

Trust me mate.. the convenience of having a comfortable practical 5 door soon outweighs the 'not cool' type comments. Its so much better just getting to your car and letting passengers take care of themselves rather than having to faff around with moving seats around, etc.. that and going shopping and using the car for shifting stuff around, etc, is a lot less painful! :)

Yes, i'm enjoying my transition to 5 door practicality!

Ahh looks good, it's amazing how much better they look on decent wheels 8)

Do like MK3's... looks clean in the pics..

Can I interest sir in a rather lovely Mk3 GTI? ;) :lol:

Jim, you are seriously getting old mate! 24 pushing 54....LOL!

Seriously, it's not the fact it's a 5 door that means it's boring (Cupra R leons and Audi S4s are 5/4 door) it's just that the lines don't look as nice (in my opinion) as a 3 door car. I just like 3 door simplicity and big doors :D

Anyway, I'm glad you're pleased Coullstar, a Highline is the pick of the MK3 crop.

Vary nice - if I was going to go for a mk3 then it'd have to be one of these! How much did you pic it up for if you don't mind me asking?

Jim, you are seriously getting old mate! 24 pushing 54....LOL!

LOL :)

Na.. its not that mate. Just that since i've had the Golf various situations have arisen where I would normally have been cringing - say thinking about trying to fit loads of people in the car, etc etc - but now i'm able to do it, and its no longer a worry that people are scrabbling around and screwing up the leather or anything like that.

And I can't tell you how much of a novelty it was last night to be able to leave a multistorey car park without having to slow to a stop at the bottom of each and every ramp and ease myself down to the soundtrack of "Chin Spoiler Scrape in E Minor" - this time I was just bombing around even with 4 people in the car, no worries! Though I admit, a TDI doesn't sound quite as nice and booming in a multistory as the G60 did! :|

Guess who?

p.s...nice looking golf mate. :D ....matbe not quite as attractive as the 'c'...but still a good looking car!

Vary nice - if I was going to go for a mk3 then it'd have to be one of these! How much did you pic it up for if you don't mind me asking?

About £4k after everythings sorted.

And I can't tell you how much of a novelty it was last night to be able to leave a multistorey car park without having to slow to a stop at the bottom of each and every ramp and ease myself down to the soundtrack of "Chin Spoiler Scrape in E Minor" |

LOL. I know that tune too. :wink: Don't know how people drive lowered C's

And I can't tell you how much of a novelty it was last night to be able to leave a multistorey car park without having to slow to a stop at the bottom of each and every ramp and ease myself down to the soundtrack of "Chin Spoiler Scrape in E Minor" |

LOL. I know that tune too. :wink: Don't know how people drive lowered C's

its all abt being brave :wink:

My VR used to scrape in car parks and that wasn't lowered... :?

I know thats the point, mine isn't lowered and scrapes in multi story car parks and the car park at work, so if it was lowered it would be even worse.......

Hell, if it don't scrape, it ain't low enough! Coming from the guy with the genuine old-man car! :lol: Surprised that Jim's taken more flak for the Golf than I have for the 'Rat - which like corradowales' motor has to be pushed uphill!

Nice Golf though, hope you enjoy it - am really wanting a VR engine for mine after having had Andi completely and utterly waste me on the M3 tonight...!

Aye , wheels look great Graeme. Saw it this morning on the way to work.

Coming together nicely already.