Sign in to follow this  
scarlett

'EFFING GARAGE!!!!!

heres the latest installment of the 'getting Scarlett fixed' saga...

took off the ISV and cleaned it all last nite, put it back on this morn and after sitting for ten minutes i tried driving her to go get my new air filter, on the way there she cuts out at a junction and totally wont start, the engine was trying but not catching. someone stopped and helped me push her onto the verge and i called the AA (who i only joined last nite!!).

nice wee AA man finally appears has a good look and cant figure out whats wrong, after 20 minutes he checks out the air filter housing and finds a greasy, oil covered cloth which had been partially sucked into the engine...!!!! obviously the idiots at the garage i had her at yesterday had left it there....!!! anyway it takes us 20 minutes to pick bits of this cloth out, put her back together and have her running sweet again!!!

now have to go back up to the garage and show them what they done......

am not a happy girlie right now, think of the damage that could have done.......

give em big hell. thats just plain effin sloppy, get a new filter quick shapr too, stop those pesky rags gettin in ;)

I reckon asking for a full refund is in order. If they refuse threaten to tell your story to the local press about said garage....they'll soon change their mind.

I once had a pair of pliers left around my dizzy cap after having it mot'd. Imagine if that had somehow fell into a belt........dont wanna think about it.

They should at least pay for your AA subscription, as you've had to use them already.

Give em what for......let them see how p*$$ed off you are.

Friend of mine found a pair of mole grips (firmly clamped) on her track rod two weeks after having the tracking done..

I once got a car back from Vauxhell :evil: garage with rocker cover bolts all sitting loose, "technician" having forgotten to tighten them up.

Engine bay was a bit oily, to say the least.

Give 'em hell Scarlett.

my mates dad took his vitara in for a service, and on the drive back from the garage great clouds of smoke started coming from the engine bay...they left the oil cap off. one very messy engine, on very very pi$$ed off mates dad and one lightly crippled mechanic.

Ask for a refund and give them a right telling off!

Why cant garages carry out work properly! they charge enough for it!

was gonna just drive straight up after she got sorted but decided against it as i would probably have hit someone or at least thrown something at 'em...

am gonna call them in a wee while, will let u know what they say.....

Friend of mine found a pair of mole grips (firmly clamped) on her track rod two weeks after having the tracking done..

Mint! I would have been over the moon! :D

me and chrisvr6nos offered to do my grandfathers fiesta plugs one time and while the plugs were out, decided to do the tappets......

........two hours later, one rocker cover bolt into pot one, head off and new head gasket and grandfather wondering why his plugs took so long - a qiuet, smooth fiesta with an amazingly pokey engine considering only the plugs had been replaced :roll: