Jim

The definitive "what exhaust?" discussion thread!

Dr F said - Is that parking sensors you have on there mate?

:( - Yep - had them fitted some years ago. Got to admit, rearward vis in the C for parking is very poor. Knocked over a wooden fence post in a car park, then decided to have 'em fitted.

Now I just hurtle backwards until the bleeping becomes a prolonged note :cuckoo: !

Dr F said - Is that parking sensors you have on there mate?

:( - Yep - had them fitted some years ago. Got to admit, rearward vis in the C for parking is very poor. Knocked over a wooden fence post in a car park, then decided to have 'em fitted.

Now I just hurtle backwards until the bleeping becomes a prolonged note :cuckoo: !

Hehehe, nice, never seen them on a Corrado before. Well if it helps then it helps eh :D

Hi,

I've recently bought a VR6 with a Milltek de-cat system but will need to put a cat on to pass its inspection test here on the Isle of Man.

Does a sports cat offer much better performance than a normal cat - is it worth the extra money?

Cheers for any advice.

Tim

what about a de-cat system on a VR with induction kit? is it worth getting the de-cat or would it be better just to get a cat back?

cheers

From my experince and through ass dyno they make no difference. Ive just put a CAT on my car and its made no difference so cant see taking one of a standard VR will do anything other than make it louder.

From things I've heard friends say in the past, induction kits rarely help with performance.. and have heard more than one person say they thought the car felt quicker and more responsive when they put they ditched an induction kit and put a regular airbox back on!

oh this is on topic for me as last week put a neuspeed induction kit on and a full miltek cat back with decat pipe thinking i might make 5 bhp lol . the results are before induction and exhaust 193.1 bhp and 182.3 IIbft after induction and exhaust 193.3 bhp and 175.6 IIbft so there you have it spend 500 quid for .2 bhp and lose 6 odd IIbft money well spent save for a turbo forced induction seems to be the only way for the vr6

ok having read abit of the thread it looks like jetex is the way to go but do i have the 2 or 3 not worryied about noise due to its my daily but i only do a few miles to work

im more after performance than keeping the noise police happy

cheers stu ..

o the cars a G60 sns chipped and 68 pulleyed

Just thought I would add that yesterday The Phirm fitted my 3 box Jetex Exhuast system and so far so good.

Before I fitted this I had standard system with de-cat pipe but decided to put cat back on with the Jetex and cant really tell any difference in performance or noise - its a tad more 'boomy' inside the cabin but much less harsh higher up rev range.

Overall very happy with fit and finish :clap: dont think you can go wrong with this system - thanks to all who suggested and advised, you know who you are :salute:

Quick question just received my milltek catback system after a months wait, the link pipe replaces the center box im just curious about pros and cons of keeping or removing the muffler. I have a near standard vr6 so no turbo or what not to worry about

hi just wondering how much difference there is between the jetex two box system and the three box system iv not had to buy an aftermarket exhaust before so dont really know what to go for , i.e two box or three .... but definatly jetex .

i dont want it to be chavvy but i dont want to spend all that money and not be able to notice a nice sound when i put my foot down

and im not to bothered about prices between the two systems either ! iv read alot of this thread but cant decide what to go for also will the size of the tailpipe make a big difference to noise i think there is a choice between 80mm or 120mm but thats just of the top of my head

one last thing guys if anyone knows .......it says that there are alot of different tailpipes to choose from and i really like the look of a single box twin exit pipe i think its like the golf mk2 one that are about 60mm each , is this something you can change when you order or is it something i would be able to get done once the exhaust is fitted

any advice apriciated guys as im ready to order it and jus want some opinions

afaik it's only available with an oval tailpipe pal.

+1

Got 3-box (quieter one) Jetex for my VR and it sounds great!

The two and three box systems will only differ in noise levels. Three box is probably only just louder than standard and 2 box is a nice sound.

Im back to running a rear box only 3in system with no cat at the moment. Its bloomin loud in town but doesnt half sound amazing.

Ahh cool, I should be able to purchase that section then. Thanks Ian.

Hi Ian are you planning going from a jetex 3 box system to a 2?

I'm not Ian, but yes I am, but keeping the silencer if that's what you're after! Sorry pal :D