Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

tweeters top of dash board (Under grilles)

You should be greeted with a spker there

Remove,

Make up a template of wood that sits where the factory speaker was, cut out the centre for ya tweeter

chris

You've got a number of options, depending on how big the tweeters you want to put in are and how arsed you can be to put something together.

cheesy's suggestion is good if you want a good solid mount though. It's worth noting that the plastic circles are NOT the same on both sides ;)

cheers chris sounds like a plan!

Thats almost a quote from the A-Team :wink:

8)

chris

i did it the cheap, nasty, quick, 'just want the the bloody things fitted' way and chopped up the original plastic mounts leaving just the parts that clip into the dash. gives plenty of room for speakers underneith and keeps the grilles as flat as they were before... just destroys a part that is probably £50 per side from the dealers if you can still get them at all! :lol:

in the end made up a rectangle of plastic with the corners chopped off made it fit so snug it wouldnt need to be screwed down worked a treat!!

GIXXERUK, did the same in J-DUB with the JBL tweeters. In H-YYU I've got MB Quart fronts so the tweeters are sat on top of the grilles at slight angles to direct the sound more at the driver... 8)

Henny, thats what i did originally but i didnt like the look of them , so i dropped them into the grill and phased them , now the sound bounces off the screen (works well) imo

i just mounted them flat pointing up so i could get the same bounce as gixxer! sounds great and looks factory, well it is really i suppose! no pics to much glare ill try tomo stanbates.

i just took tweeters out of a mk4 polo. plug and play as they went straight in. noticed i also have those mini 5mm tweeters near the sun visor as well. are these on all corrado's?

As i now have 4 tweeters and a pair of 3 way coaxials up front with amped 6x9's in the rear.

my oe rears were completely blown!

:-) those 5mm tweeters are probably the ultrasonics off your alarm mate :oops:

oops. :oops:

does a toad a1606 i think it is, have ultrasonics. seems to have about 8 modes of immobilisers though.