Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

Best Corrado in the world?

sorry about the off topic crap i was very tired and this thread got me all excited i like a good argument! im sure lee didnt have any say in the write up and there are certain lacking points about his car hes not shy to admit it i asked about his rear seat not looking right he said they didnt but it was a rush job. at the end of the day he produced a car other people have told him it looks good so hes responded to that by bigging up! i hope hes nopt offended too much by this thread and moves the car onto the next level!!

I think its probably unfair that this thread is revolving aroud a20 lee but disregarding that car, i hold true to the fact that i think its pimped/blinged/ etc... whereas a car like phats or bigben is a MODDED car, work carried out predominantly by their owners and in my book, thats what modding is about. I could never agree with vast sums spent like lee's car - the reaosn i've always modded cars is to achieve something and have something that can compete with cars i can't afford. theres nothing more satifying than blowing off a 50k m3 or 911 etc.....

so true so true - exactly the point, making a car perform better than what was intended = modding.

Producing a shiny corrado with no more guts than standard achieves nothing - it can't beat more exotic cars and it doesn't look better than more exotic cars - so I can't see the point

WOW - did I just write that?!

Can I have your autograph? :D

bit late spotting this thread. My car isn't perfect its a work in progress always has been and its my only car and is out in the wind and rain everyday and i don't even have a winter set of wheels. As Asim knows, i've bought loads of parts of him which i'm refurbing and chroming cross members/drive shafts and gearbox are on the way. After the notice PhatVR6 put on his car at VW Festival i'm really surprised by his comments, but i'm really not bother what anyone thinks of me or my car anymore. This is my hobby and i enjoy it, i build it for show n shine not the strip so its going to be bling isn't it, horses for courses. Took loadsa sh*t last year and i'll admit it hurt, but i've grow a thick skin since then as most will know i park my car at a show and walk away for the rest of the day so i don't hear alot of the comments.

I think the point was not to slag the car off but point out that you wouldn’t expect to see such things on a car that wins so many awards. I’ve seen cars looked over for awards that are 10 X cleaner and where the attention to detail is incredible, seems very strange. I’ve looked round the car and some of it is excellent but there are some things that look 95% finished and for me the attention to detail is the most important consideration in the show and shine, what that says about those judging or the other cars shown I’m not sure, I’ll leave it to the philosophers on the forum to work that one out. All I can say is thank god I’ve grown out of the show and shine bit.

H8RRA, you really think you can out perform a M3 or 911??

its not a think, its a done - see the video on pvw site - the red corrado - chrisvr6nos was in the passenger seat on such occassions - its fact...

I think its probably unfair that this thread is revolving aroud a20 lee but disregarding that car, i hold true to the fact that i think its pimped/blinged/ etc... whereas a car like phats or bigben is a MODDED car, work carried out predominantly by their owners and in my book, thats what modding is about. I could never agree with vast sums spent like lee's car - the reaosn i've always modded cars is to achieve something and have something that can compete with cars i can't afford. theres nothing more satifying than blowing off a 50k m3 or 911 etc.....

so true so true - exactly the point, making a car perform better than what was intended = modding.

Producing a shiny corrado with no more guts than standard achieves nothing - it can't beat more exotic cars and it doesn't look better than more exotic cars - so I can't see the point

WOW - did I just write that?!

Can I have your autograph? :D[/quote:061e2]

coxy - YOU ARE MY LOVE CHILD!!! :)

LEE - hope you realise this thread is more of a debate on what modding is than a reflection in your car - from my point of view anyway - as i said earlier, what you've done isn't for me and i don't see the point but again, to quote myself, each to their own.

H8RRA, you really think you can out perform a M3 or 911??

its not a think, its a done - see the video on pvw site - the red corrado - chrisvr6nos was in the passenger seat on such occassions - its fact...

Just checked out the video. So you're saying the straight line figures are M3/911 territory? If so fair enough. I'd argue that's just one element of "performance". Point to point, where all the other aspects of performance comes into it I think is a different matter.

the figure on the day were sh1t as we turned up low on fuel and couldn't get any superunleaded - the car ran on normal fuel and had a terrible flat spot as it just wasn't set up for it. - i don't understand your comments otside of that as outside of power, thers 3 other elements - handling, brakes and bottle.

i've mostly ran koni's and the handling of a corrado aint the worst std and damn good with konis, esp coilovers - brake - take your pic, tt setup, r32, seat brembo's or porsche calipers themselves - nothing hard in the slightest.

Why do you find it so hard to believe? its not hard at all - the red car you've looked at only ever got stuffed by an r34 skyline in all the time i had it and the black one i'm in progress with now will be definatley better to hopefully correct that - fingers crossed.

When talking about 911's theres a stroy chrisvr6nos will tell you about a customer he talked to who had a scooby and a 911 - one for posing, the 011, and one for fun - the scooby. they're not that hot although i'd take one tomorrow cos of what they are, until then, i take satisafaction in stuffing them.

I can confirm that a supercharged corrado can outperform a 911 (996) in a straight line. I've tested my car against one, not from a standing start but both lined up in second gear. The C was clearly faster.

Asim, i think you are focusing on the wrong point here and the orrigional subject is becoming coloured with other topics.

The back of Lee's car looks like it's out of a cornflake box to quote another member and it is all about Lee's car and that it should never have won best of show cos there were others cars there that i'm sure were beter or at least as good.

My car is crap but i enjoy having and driving it and prefer the power to the bling with std power, i would get so bored with std power and having to polish and pamper the car the whole time, and Asim, your car is a superb example of a fab VR with all the extras it has and the condition of it and it gets plenty of compliments as you are aware but the cornflake box get the slagging as much as the praise or more so the slagging on this thread.

It's just after 4am and i'm typing this w@nk so the opinions must be strong.

Been in hospital half the night watching people die and being ill and watching bloody ECG traces and explaining what Pr intivals are to folk so i'm tired and i'm sure Lee is tired of the stick and i hope he fixes what are visibly problems with his heap so we all can't bitch about it next time we see it!

Chris

i think it is fair to say that a well modded corrado, with the right suspension brakes and tyres can shame a lot of more expencive cars!

A mate has a 250bhp corrado, well thats what it was before he went mad with the engine!, abd that car was quicker round a track than porsches and m3's

but again its to do with how competant the driver is and how well he knows the limits of his car too!

my 2pence worth :lol:

I personally think the back of lee's car looks like a renault 11, sorry.

I am with H8RRA and others, in making a car punch above its weight on the road and achiving as much as possible with your own two hands. But you are builing a show car and i understand that a car in a field being looked at is nothing to do with performance and all to do with looking good.

A mag feature is a different story, this should take every aspect of a modded car into accound before labeling it " The best corrado in the world" but i suppose thats max PoVWer for you.

I personally think the back of lee's car looks like a renault 11, sorry.

YES, I saw one the other day, I do have to agree with you on that! Could only find a pic of a mk1 but its the mk2 that looks similar.

Right kids, this is getting tedious. I'm sure all of your willies are bigger than each others, so can you please put them away now. My willy is microscopic but I don't go getting it out in p1ssing contests.

Lockaroo.