Sign in to follow this  
dub envy

New to these forums.......

Thought that I should actually say something... been lurking about for the last few weeks since buying my corrado, signed up last week? so thouhgt that it was about time that I said hello! I hate it when people join forums that I use and post within the first 5 secs of signing up and not know how the forum works or what sort of people are on it... anyways..

I recognise a few names on here maily from the old days that I used to use clubgti forums... There are a few cars on here that I've seen around at shows... and a couple of peeps that I've actually met...

Me.

Hi. I'm Rob. I live in South London (well surrey actually). I have been into VW's for around 8 years now and still own all the VW's that I've bought!

The C.

I bought a mates C about 4-5 weeks ago. I'm sure he used to post on these forums too?? It's a 1996 Moonlight Blue VR6 reg no N8 VRG. I've gotta say that it's actually a damn nice car. Only a couple of bodywork niggles (rust on the drivers sill, and the standard motorway stone chips!) but its very straight, and very shiney. It's been getting loads of attention at the last couple of shows I've taken it to.. Entered it in the show and shine at both VW Action and BVF.

I've been trying to find out a little about it as it seems to be a little special. I'm sure there are people on here that can answer a few questions. It's a 1996 yet it isnt a storm (Iknow its the wrong colour anyway, but I thought storms were the run-out model??). The plate was dealer registered from new, not a transfer... Apparently VW registered N1 - N9 VRG? I've seen N5 VRG at Drift bridge VW!! Got a coupl eof pics parked next to it!! would have been rude not to really.....

blah blah blah... no more typing..

Hopefully I'll get along just nicely on these forums.

I'm going to go post some pics in the members gallery.

First post and a doubler!!

I dont need two posts, I'm not that greedy... can someone delete this one please!!

:oops:

hi mate...welcome to the forum.

If you want tol delete a post you can do so by clicking the " x "box in trhe top right hand corner of the post...you have to do this before it has been replied to.

Otherwise pm a moderator and they'l sort you out!.

EDIT-- you can still delete the other thread you started!!.

Ah, nice one!! Other forums I use don't have the delete key.. or you cant delete a thread starting post...

Cheers

welcome :)

N8 VRG....seen it at no rice and i think your mate went out (may even still do) with a school mate of mine :lol:

If it is the same car then you've picked up a nice one there!

Welcome aboard matey, I saw your C lurking around at BVF, so look forward to seeing you at some more shows :D

Welcome Rob, long time no speak - you're not missing much from CGTI forum! :wink:

Yeah I know.. those forums do my head in. Probably why I havent been on there for 3 years. I had to re-sign up recently as I wanted to put some stuff in the for sale section. I read a coupl eof posts and then really couldnt face advertising stuff on there.

Phil, I live in Chessington... and no, not at the zoo.... :-P

Hello - I think it was N7 VRG I saw yeasterday, a white VR...

I need to find it and get a pic alongside mine!!!

I've had to delete 2 copies of this thread which seem to have been created during yesterdays oddities with the server... Sorry if you've lost any replies... 8)

That's ok.. I did double post to start with, but deleted one.. next thing there were two more copies of the thread! Weird!!