Sign in to follow this  
dub envy

the envy. Bodyshop progress.

That Polo looks uber sweet!!!!

My bodyshop too the piss with my motor, decided to spray and polish with the windows open. Made a right old mess, would have a weird, especially if you got leathers.

haha u think thats bad, mine is outside with no panels on it, and no windows covered in bird shit.

sorry state at the min but the end result should be a bit tastey ;)

I have no seats or trim left inside the car. Only things left are the dash and the carpets. Not overly fusses about dust as all the windows are still in at the mo anyway. I'm also not worried about stuff being lent against it as every panel is being repainted anyway. I'm just not anal enough to request that he wraps it in cotton wool.

It's been three months now since I crashed it. The engine is near on ready to go back in. I think Darren is just waiting for the gearbox to come back.

So have you worked out what this lot is going to cost you Rob and has the girlfriend left you yet? :lol:

ihave something in the garden getting wet and dirty, that i shoulod think you pick up soon, before their not here anymore ;)

Took some new pics of the car as it is now back at g-werks. Couple of things wrong with it, but nothing that cant be sorted out easily enough. The car needs to go back to the bodyshop after the new engine goes in for a final polish so the few defects can be seen to then.

Really really pleased with the results though. It's gonna look proper nice when its all fitted back together!

IMG_2109.jpg

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2116.jpg

IMG_2118.jpg

IMG_2120.jpg

IMG_2132.jpg

IMG_2133.jpg

IMG_2136.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

ooh, and what's this we have here???

IMG_2148.jpg

Starting to get excited about the damn car again now. Going to Ultimate Dubs has made me want the car back! After 14 months my enthusiasm had started to dwindle....

Awesome thread!

Can I ask how much the paint was and where you had it done? Also, did they take the windscreen and rear 1/4 glass out, looks like they did in one of the prep photos?

The paint was done at RW Masters in Littlehampton. He got £2500 from the insurance claim and I've had to pay an extra £1500 on top of that. All the bonded glass was removed from the car for painting, and a new VAG front screen has gone back in.

sweet!

I'm guessing the rear 1/4 glass has to be replaced when it comes out, something to do with the bonding?

Looks awesome though, is it Moonlight Blue?

looks sweet does that! 14months!? that seems a while to be away, were you waiting for insurance or something? or was it an on the side job?

Great post, the car looks gorgeous in that colour too :notworthy: looking forward to seeing the end results!

Thanks, nice comments!

Yeah, not too sure what I'm gonna do about the aerial situation!! Need to do something though as I don't wanna have no FM.

It took 14 months cos I told the bodyshop I wasn't in a rush for the car. I thought maybe 3 months max though... Oh well, saved a fortune in petrol and insurance the last year! :)

Yeah, not too sure what I'm gonna do about the aerial situation!! Need to do something though as I don't wanna have no FM.

I've used those stick on amplified strips before with some sucess, you just have to give them power. I think I've still got one in my [strike:3l69hxuy]room of ebay goods[/strike:3l69hxuy] garage if your interested? You could go with a DAB head unit, they have some very discrete internal aerials.

Looking forward to seeing the final pics its looking great... and your a little ahead of me in my rebuild!

Cant go with a DAB head unit as I already have a Pioneer pop-out TV/DVD head unit. What do the stick on aerials look like? Not really keen on the idea of things stuck to the windows though. Have thought about putting a wing-mount type extendable aerial inside the a-pillar trims... not sure how well that would work..

But for the time being I'll just have to cope with the roof mounted b-sting on this.

IMG_2435.jpg

:norty:

Yeah bought it for the missus. She will use it most of the time, but I'm sure I'll get to use it on the odd weekend! Had it for 3 weeks now. She only got rid of her car yesterday so I've been able to use it whenever I want.. now her ibiza has gone its not there for me to use any more :( Hopefully she'll get a job nearer home soon as she currently does 16,000 miles a year just getting to and from work. Not keen on putting that many miles on it as it only had 49,000 on the clock when I bought it!