Sign in to follow this  
dub envy

the envy. Bodyshop progress.

Sh*t mate!!! :shock:

Similar thing happened to me last year (I was in missus car though), my front end was mashed, the other motor didn't have a scratch, unbeilavble. Well it wss untill I got a letter from the other drivers solicotor (one of those injury lawyer 4 u jobbies!). basically they shafted my insurance company for shed load of money. Sent pics of the damage to the other drivers motor, but they weren't intrested.

The insurance assesor wrote it off. He seemed to think that the £2600 repair quote was worth more than the car.

Luckily Roger at RW Masters talked the dude round. Knocked £100 off the quote and he was happy with that.

I'd have cried.

I saw your car down at gwerks mate didnt look too bad but cant see how its £2600 worth of damage, although things are always worse underneath aren they!

did darren show you the pics of his plans for the TT?!

Glad to hear you are getting it fixed. :)

Does that mean the insurance co wre only going to offer you £2.6k in settlement for the car :?:

If they think thats all its worth :(

Agreed value might be worth considering if this is how things are going :)

I'll definately be going agreed value once all the paint is done.

Current state.

Car is completely stripped. Interior is completely removed including headlining, ready to go to the bodyshop. Will be taken to the bodyshop tomorrow for a full respray.

At the moment it's sat at G-Werks with no engine in it. Was getting an LSD, new clutch and timing chains fitted but has since got more involved.

After removing the engine it was evident that I pretty much need every gasket replacing, and the water pump is knackered. Today the headcame off and needs a rebuild too. Sweet.

Progress is pretty swift at the mo. The engine will be pretty much completely rebuilt with a few shiney bits and powder-coated gearbox fitted by the time the car comes back from Masters bodyshop after its new paint!

Should be at the bodyshop by now. They have quoted 5-6 weeks. Darren is stomping along with the VR rebuild, and it should be all done by th eend of next week ready for the car to come back! I think I've just doubled the value of my Polo as it has near on a complete Corrado leather interior in it now!! I need more storage space....

The VR has gone from having the diff/clutch/timing chains to a pretty much full on rebuild! I think EVERY gasket and seal was leaking on the damn thing and the water pump was knackered. Darren then found that the oil pump was bent (MOT station smacked the sump on the floor last year and I thought the only damage was a very slight dent in the sump....) and when the head came off found that it needed a complete rebuild. Great.

Money. Pit.

Went to the bodyshop last weekend to see how the car was coming along......

well. it's inside at least!! It's not a bad looking storage rack!

Masters.jpg

Said that the front end damage and door handle conversion should be satrting last week... won't be able to get down to have a look til next week.

I wouldnt be too impressed tbh.... if i went along to see how my car was going and found it being used as a bloody storage rack, i think i would have a few short words to say!! i know where this bodyshop is too... takes the piss a bit really...

Oooooooh, can't wait to see the results.

What's them red things on the bonnet?

Yeah figured that a more modern Rover front end might suit the rado!

I guess those red things on the bonnet are the arches off the mini next to it..

I wouldnt be too impressed tbh.... if i went along to see how my car was going and found it being used as a bloody storage rack, i think i would have a few short words to say!! i know where this bodyshop is too... takes the piss a bit really...

I'd be pi**ed too. The bodyshop i used kept the cars covered to stop dust getting inside them, hope it comes good in the end.

Picture053.jpg