Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged

The All New Lupo Aero Wiper Conversion Thread!!

Yes and no. I'm slowly (and I'd like to emphasise the slowly bit here) shipping everything from the old How-To and Knowledge Base areas into the Wiki, so that it can act as a central repository for Corrado stuff.

But if anyone wants to put their own articles up there, pleeeease feel free :)

It's not linked off the main site just yet because it's not quite ready to go - we still need some kind of indexing thing on it and there are only about 6 articles on there at the mo.

In the mean time, I figured I might as well link to it in posts tho :)

Fitted these last week and they are AMAZING!! recommend to anyone who hasn't yet coughed up!

Best bit though, I played dumb at the stealers and made them check the old set number [6X2998406 - Drivers blade and arm]

The bloke said, 'yup, we've two of them in stock, they're £20.63 each set.'

'Perfect' I said. 'and what discount do you offer for CCGB members.'

'i'll take off 10%, as you dont have your membership card'

Ahh... that'll do!

Just managed to pick up my Lupo wipers from the main stealers in Swindon (Mann Egerton). I too quoted the old set number and they had them in stock. They probably have more available. £49.07 for the lot is far more of a handsome price. They weren't aware of any discounts offered for Club GTI and CCGB members on parts but they did say there was a discount for members on servicing?! Might investigate that further.

Can't wait to get home and fit these bad boys now!! Really quite excited!

I picked up my new set of lupo wipers yesterday.I have had a go at fitting them this morning,and have a couple of questions.When i placed the new arms on the spindle there is very little thread left to put the bolt on.The lupo arm seems to be raised higher than the OEM wiper arms.Also,the covering cap doesn't seem to fix on either.

This seems to be a straight forward 'mod' to do,am i missing something?(other than common sense).

Thanks.

Nicedice, should be the same as the old ones, the spindle taps as you tighten the nut on you you need to get the allignment correct first ideally...

I had no probs pushing the caps on but i'd get new ones as they are very cheap from the dealer...

Try pushing the arm down further it shoud bite more then.

If you bought from the group buy caps were supplied.

I have a passenger aero Lupo arm too

I wondered would it any use for the rear?

opinions please

Thanks Supercharged.

Only had a few minuted to do this this morning.It's p*****g down,again.

I'll have another go shortly.They do look excellent though,'cleans' the car up.

I noticed the new Astras have aero blades.

I would guess they would be too big - but does anyone know if there's any other new Vauxhalls with aero blades?

Might be worth a look if they're cheaper still from a non-VAG garage ;)

Also, I have the original passenger + drivers' arm/blade setup and could do with replacing just my blades as they're 2.5 years old now.

Could do with a good source for them. I can't make the passenger side much shorter, as it will miss my Rain sensor if 2cm shorter.

I noticed the new Astras have aero blades.

I would guess they would be too big - but does anyone know if there's any other new Vauxhalls with aero blades?

Might be worth a look if they're cheaper still from a non-VAG garage ;)

Also, I have the original passenger + drivers' arm/blade setup and could do with replacing just my blades as they're 2.5 years old now.

Could do with a good source for them. I can't make the passenger side much shorter, as it will miss my Rain sensor if 2cm shorter.

Fords are going to them now also, shame the Vauxhall/ford/golf/lupo/old passat arms aren't like the new passat ones, they're much neater in design than the square ended things.

Father-in-law works at the Ford parts distribution warehouse in Daventry, so I'll have to check what size the Fords use :)

In fact I've just remembered he gets up to 30% discount on some stuff, might be useful for the VR6 owners?

thera are 2 vw dealers within 20 miles of me so i rang 1st one quoting old part numbers no luck. rang second one he said oh vw are showing two left in the country so ordered them hope they havent gone when they order them or its £96

ok i have read the threads, i want to buy this week, where is the best place / price to buy from please?

Is there a group buy? thanks Rob

ok i have read the threads, i want to buy this week, where is the best place / price to buy from please?

Is there a group buy? thanks Rob

As stated in the above post, look in GB section, only two weeks left!!!!