Sign in to follow this  
MattWilde

Does this happen to anyone else?

I've had my C for a little under 3 months now and in that time i have had 6 flying insects hitting me when i have the window open, and tonight one had the cheek to kill it's self on my half open window and deposit it's insides on my glasses :shock: ! In the 7 years i've been driving no bug has ever hit my when i'm driving, just splatted itself on the front of the car.

one to add to the design faults if it's not just me :D

Yep, all the time and a perspex wind deflector that used to be available for the C does not improve matters one bit. Dam hurts as well sometimes when one comes in.

The airflow round the C as far as the B pillar hugs the car tightly before it starts to lift away. So I think the open window acts like relief to the airflow, resulting immediate inflow. Thats also why flys and stone chips are more pronounced on the C bonnet and windscreen as well.

Mmmmm, aircon.....

;)

(Sorry!)

Never had that happen either and I used to drive with my window open all the time apart from when it rained!

Though I did get a big stone fly in through the window once at speed and hit my cheek about an inch under my eye! Any higher and I think that eye would have been seriously screwed.. was a bit of a scary moment.

must be love

pmsl...if thats the way you and whover you're loved one is show your love for each other then you need to worry dude!.....and im wondering how you go about the logistics of getting above the sunroof to squat etc....but stilll..it takes all sorts eh Bally, ...lol.

Yesterday, was cruising in the Ghia on a perfect hot summer evening, and had the windows down... and those stupid and annoying flying ants were flying around. Somehow one flew directly across, into my car and straight into the footwell!

Bloody thing nearly made me crash the car! I hate all these horrible inscets buzzing around in the summer.

The flying ants arent even proper flies. They look like they've been smoking skunk! flying around all wonky and slow!

yeah i've had that, a bee-in-the-face at speed is not a nice experiance!

a pointy "W" or equally sharp"V" would be even worse

at least it's not just me, but wipers for the glasses might be needed if this carries on, just hope they are better than the C's wipers, i couldn't afford a lupo upgrade for my glasses too :lol: and yes, it bloody well stings when they get you in the face i'm sure one will cut soon

Scientific Research shows the reason flies hit your windscreen and are attracted to cars are because of certain paint smells...apparently!

LOL.

Once on a bike, I got a big bluebottle in my mouth. I immediately clamped my jaws shut without thinking and burst it between my back molars.

The taste? No surprises really.

Scientific Research shows the reason flies hit your windscreen and are attracted to cars are because of certain paint smells...apparently!

does your paint smell like shet then?