Sign in to follow this  
jenks

18inch Alloys On Corrado

Ok I know 16inch are the best for looks/handling'performance, but i ran 17s on my 16V and i thot it wasnt that bad.

So through my work I can get my DREAM set of alloys for a stupid price BUT there 18s. :?

Now they will be on my vr6 and im not bothered about losing a bit of performance cos i wana keep my licence but how bads handling,steering,etc

I know its daft so dont bother replying "dont do it" 'thats daft" ,etc I want people who HAVE ran 18s to tell me there experience! Cheers! :)

I think you're gonna have trouble with them rubbing.

Even with rolled arches and super-stiff suspension, you still get the occasional rubbage from 17s...

koni's, arches not rolled running 17's and they have never rubbed, even when diving into pot holes

i imagine 18's will put the speedo out as you wont be able to get a tyre with a low enough profile to retain the rolling radius , maybe 35's would work

what tyres are you going to put on them ?? this will make a difference on the rubbage'o'meter

too big IMO, but its your car! it can been done, I've seen a few on 18's but as most have said they'll need arch work, get them flaired rather than rolled, i reckon it looks better.

18's proportions look to big for the C imo... better off going for 17's if you want big or getting some deep dish 16's for the pimp look 8)

18's proportions look to big for the C imo... better off going for 17's if you want big or getting some deep dish 16's for the pimp look 8)

Read the first post mate ;) I was gonna post something similar but he got a disclaimer in nice and quick which you cant really argue with :D

Read the first post mate ;) I was gonna post something similar but he got a disclaimer in nice and quick which you cant really argue with :D

:lol: well spotted Jim!

DOH :oops: :lol:

ta bally

looks like alot of negative camber on the front... or is it just the angle?

you will need some neg camber to avoid hitting the archs!!

myn are set on a neg camber...

yeah I thought that might be the case, suppose its a sacrafice you make for a slammed car or massive rims! that said you dont want to have to keep buying new front tyres to fit over 18's do you!

17'2 with 215/40 profile tyres aren't much smaller than 18's with 215/35 profile checked this when I fitted the 18's to my C. Only get a wee bit of arch rubbing (no arch mods) not any worse than the 17's think the offset of my 18's helps this

Jeroen Dik of JD Engineering has a blue 16v G60 on 18's

there aws some us corrado in pvw i think with 19's on it iirc

heres an EX forums VR was on 18's...

Hey who said ex !!! :)

Just a name change :wink:

yeah I thought that might be the case, suppose its a sacrafice you make for a slammed car or massive rims! that said you dont want to have to keep buying new front tyres to fit over 18's do you!

My tyres seems to last wel.. got 8k out of the last front ones.. & the rears abt 15k...

heres an EX forums VR was on 18's...

Hey who said ex !!! :)

Just a name change :wink:

:lol: heres the man.. :lol:

what you driving now dude?

I think you're gonna have trouble with them rubbing.

Even with rolled arches and super-stiff suspension, you still get the occasional rubbage from 17s...

mines never rubbed on 17's :p

I must admit, I was tempted to try the R32 wheels on, but seeing as the 205/40/17's rub at the back I don't think I'll bother.

Rite thanks 4 the tips and especially the pics folks, I was getting the arches rolled and extended as i had that done on my last rado which had 17s and theres bags of room. I can understand folk sayn it looks too big,etc but if you get the right alloy which your happy with it can look soo nice.

questions for the 18inch users - whats the lowest you can go?,whats the height you use daily? and is the ride quality easy to live with?

Thanks again!