StormchargedVR6

Storm VR Turbo

Up date. After having a few running problems with my s/c setup, i've now gone Emerald management with

LC-1 wideband which has now sorted all running problems, the motors so smooth i can now enjoy it. :D

Also had SP 263 cams put in with a 2.5 custom built exhaust system which sounds Awesome, and now

making 337bhp & 280lbft torque

All the work been carried out by JKM in portsmouth, Which done a great job .few pics on the rollers

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfJKM Rollers 1.jpg[/attachment:2yjd0dyy]

Corrado92.pdfJKM Rollers 4.jpg[/attachment:2yjd0dyy]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfJKM Rollers 3.jpg[/attachment:2yjd0dyy]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfNew Exhaust 2.5.jpg[/attachment:2yjd0dyy]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfNew Tailpipe.JPG[/attachment:2yjd0dyy]

Emerald & LC-1.JPG[/attachment:2yjd0dyy]

What difference has fitting the schimmel 263 cams made? Thinking about fitting these too

i'm thinik about the schimmel 263 cams also. Have you noticed much difference in the low rev range, I imagine they give you that bit more torque low down. Am I right?

Nice to see a supercharged VR6 making over 330bhp, nice work.

Very nice Shaun 8) ,looking at the pic of underneath looks like your car has never been on the road !!

Exactly what I thought 8) Superb!

The SP 263 cams really work well , it gives you low down torque and just wants to rev forever. Well worth having.

My limiter set at 7k and just revs there in a flash.

The 2.5 exhaust is a must for forced induction , the 2.25 milltek was'nt getting the gases out it was just glowing red and

was'nt making the power, the guys ay JKM made this system for me and its spot on, sounds Awesome, not loud unless your

full chat :)

The Emerald is 95% there , it needs little bit fine tuning on idle but starts first time, no stalling , no hunting ,no flat spots.

You can just plant the throttle and go, i can start enjoying it now at last.

leon The head gasket im running is a spacer plate from Tom off VR6OC and mk4 vr6 gasket that vince got, its 9:1 compression

The rods are from a guy Andy@stormdevelpoments use, there H-Beam forge rods

This force induction lark is a long road but worth it :lol:

cheers bud - thanks for that - loved this car since ever - quality stuff :D

leon Here you bought Nicks car, that is a great car well setup. You defo want some sp cams in there :)

leon Here you bought Nicks car, that is a great car well setup. You defo want some sp cams in there :)

Nick did a fantastic job on the car - I feel guilty for buying it - but I'm positive he'll have a good drive of it again when we next catch up. In the meantime though I will definitely enjoy driving it LOL! I've got a fair list of stuff to work through - but those cams are part of that list yep :D Good to hear theyre a good option - the power in the car is fantastic right now - I can only imagine a further torque increase would be superb! Thinking a change of manifold would help too.

Watching carefully lol

Nick did a fantastic job on the car - I feel guilty for buying it - but I'm positive he'll have a good drive of it again when we next catch up. In the meantime though I will definitely enjoy driving it LOL! I've got a fair list of stuff to work through - but those cams are part of that list yep :D Good to hear theyre a good option - the power in the car is fantastic right now - I can only imagine a further torque increase would be superb! Thinking a change of manifold would help too.

Watching carefully lol[/quote:1zj7zgeg]

You mean intake, not exhaust. The SP intake a work of art mate, and a good price i think £500 about that.

Only thing you miss is the VR howl ,cause of the long intake. SP stuff Worth every penny

Vince spent lot of time getting that car rite

I actually meant the intake - like a VSR etc to bring the torque band further down the range. I was still under the impression a VSR/VGI would do that regardless of being charged or not.

Does the SP intake deaden the howl significantly?

I was looking at a certain VSR but struggling to get some info just at the moment. Going to do the fans anyway - but the rerouting is putting me off the SP intake

Quality motor Stormcharged - something to aspire to!

Can you show a recent torque curve? [i have ambitions for a tall, fat, flat one!]

What exhaust manifold do you run - or did I miss it in my haste?

Did you consider the PWR C/C? If so what pushed away from it?

Drooling regards :shock:

Philmo

Quality motor Stormcharged - something to aspire to!

Can you show a recent torque curve? [i have ambitions for a tall, fat, flat one!]

What exhaust manifold do you run - or did I miss it in my haste?

Did you consider the PWR C/C? If so what pushed away from it?

Drooling regards :shock:

Philmo

Cheers Philmo

Torque is 285lbft, though it would have been about 300+ but its still good for a V9 Charger

Im running standard Exhaust manifold, don't like all the bad stories about the 6 branchs. They don't give you more

power anyway.

As for cooler, i went for the Scimmel as its so well made and works, only 0.25 psi drop. I don't know about the PWR one.

CCF11112007_00000 (Large).jpg[/attachment:2qsj5yk0]

337, Snap! Great setup shaun glad its all sorted now with the emerald - Chargecooler is quality all worth it and your boost plot proves it

If you get the peloquin diff also change to a 3.6 final drive you will eat into the revs alot quicker had this when mine was standard amazing the difference it makes but even better with the charger :D

Shaun/Kevin

Amazing curves - is the output really that smooth or is some of it down to dyno smoothing software? [i note Vince's are v jaggy by comparison - for more detailed diagnostic analysis?] Mine climbs upto 3.5k then travels horizontally with a slightly alpine textureacross to 6k! Whereas yours is nice & progressive.

Did you get comparison curves before & after fitting bv head & 263's?

What additional instruments do you run to keep tabs on all the kit?

Interested in Kev's tentative promotion of a GB for SP bv head & 263 cams - did this go anywhere?

Regards

Phil

Shaun/Kevin

Amazing curves - is the output really that smooth or is some of it down to dyno smoothing software? [i note Vince's are v jaggy by comparison - for more detailed diagnostic analysis?] Mine climbs upto 3.5k then travels horizontally with a slightly alpine textureacross to 6k! Whereas yours is nice & progressive.

Did you get comparison curves before & after fitting bv head & 263's?

What additional instruments do you run to keep tabs on all the kit?

Interested in Kev's tentative promotion of a GB for SP bv head & 263 cams - did this go anywhere?

Regards

Phil

So how long before you get board with that HP and need more ? :lol:

I'm just jealous :lol: :(

Its smooth mate, its down to Emerald and guys at JKM. To be fair its really hard for vince to get OBD1 as smooth as standalone,

he as got it loads better, bobby car as almost same setup as me and he said its smooth.

Standalone is better if your always changing bits, its just a tweek on the laptop :) not another Remap and £350

I am running 263 not BVH, your thinking of kevs car

Instruments, im using a Boost gauge, and Air-fuel gauge.Its the LC-1 widband & X16 gauge.

James Im happy for now mate, think its coilovers & Diff next on list. Hows yours coming on.

337, Snap! Great setup shaun glad its all sorted now with the emerald - Chargecooler is quality all worth it and your boost plot proves it

If you get the peloquin diff also change to a 3.6 final drive you will eat into the revs alot quicker had this when mine was standard amazing the difference it makes but even better with the charger :D

Bobby , have to catch up next time im up vinces. Be nice to see how cars compair :) Your rite about diff, thats next.

Bobby , have to catch up next time im up vinces. Be nice to see how cars compair :) Your rite about diff, thats next.

Definitley Shaun im only 15mins from stealth so let me know

I think yours is running alot better power + standalone is much better than the standard ecu - but fare play to vince he spends alot of unpaid time and effort to get the best results - in the end he had my car for 2 months and made it happen - you had a time limit so he couldnt get it finished off

Definitley Shaun im only 15mins from stealth so let me know

I think yours is running alot better power + standalone is much better than the standard ecu - but fare play to vince he spends alot of unpaid time and effort to get the best results - in the end he had my car for 2 months and made it happen - you had a time limit so he couldnt get it finished off

Shaun

I'd certainly like to be in on that RR run! Would your C mind an enlarged audience?

Drooling again

Phil