StormchargedVR6

Storm VR Turbo

just read your entire build thread - your rado was amazing mate

just as i got to the end i couldn't help but think "snap!" lol....as we've have quite a similar fleet of engines:

- i dont have a rado but i have a mk3 vr6 which has been owned by the family for the past 11+ years. It has similar bodywork spec to your car and tan nappa leather all over the interior (dash headliner etc) - which is going going turbo this yr. It pretty much has all the chassis mods your rado has + a few more (down to the cnc metal bushing on the gearbox bellhousing and all the short shift mechanisms!)

&... also the other car on the drive is a mk5 r32 dsg in the same blue lol

just found that a bit freaky lol

even though the rado is gone, i just have to take my hat off and say it was an amazing machine and i can totally relate to the graft and car you have given it.

It was amazing car, and its in good hands. Andy got some great plans for it, hope he keep this thread alive :)

Need to get some pics of your mk3 up, be nice to see it. Can't beat VR with Turbo, best sound ever.

Times move on and im over the moon with the R32 , theres so much grip and so smooth.

Its simple things thats so nice like air-con , xenon headlights, etc that the corrado did'nt have.

May be its just me getting older :?

DBP is best colour :D

Any updates on this? Just re-read this for the Nth time and would love to hear what's become of it?

I saw it a couple of weeks ago and spoke with Andy, such a complete car and not one to miss a challenge, I understand he is planning a few changes in due course.

Car MOT and taxed earlier this year along with a full service. Such a hassle sorting out the UK first registration, as took four visits to the local DVLA (wont be able to pop in soon as all closing!). Only plus point was the import VAT & duty total of £88.00 (based on their calculation, not mine).

Also eventually sorted out fitting some electric Recaro's and a quick release Momo sterring wheel (pics to follow).

Fitted new front wheel arch liners, due to cut outs to accommodate previous CH's

Little bit of preventative remedial paintwork done, where I think the previous BBS CH's had marginally touched the front wheel arch bottom edge.

Not much else to report except to say the car is tucked up under cover away from any nasty road salt for the winter attached to a CTEK charger.

Need to get set of BBS 301's refurbed, as not happy with wrong wheel bolts, surface finish or original paint on centers. Any good recommendations for the Midlands area?

Good to know this car lives in the Midlands :) You'll have to make it out to our Midlands meet when the weather gets better?

I used to know the guy who ran this place http://www.pureklas.co.uk/ - he was very well regarded amongst folks with show cars, who got their wheels refurbished by him so may be worth a punt? :) (based in Coventry)

Couple of pics with the Recaro seats & Momo steering wheel.

What car is the gear knob from?

Thanks

Thanks

Looks like one of the illuminated Rieger gear knobs (and leather gaiters - came as a complete kit) which were available a few years ago.. not sure if they still are!

They certainly used to do them illuminated in green Jon.. :(

Maybe a group buy quantity might persuade them?

Its looking good Andy ,so happy its got a good home. Really like the seats. Think you need back to match.

For me like the CHs best, but can't wait to see the 301s

OSV offered me a price I couldn't refuse.

Besides those currently on, I still have left:

BBS 301's (thanks Jim, will try your recommendation)

ABT 17x7.5 (BBS if look closely)

Porsche Cup 1's 17x7 (RS2's)

Can't complain really

I do have the matching rear seats, just too lazy to fit!

Just managed to pick up a full air con system. Problem is that the fitter I trust is down Portsmouth way. Need to find someone closer.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Thanks

Over to Shaun for where to source the 6 speed.

Can't remember seeing the receipt.

Its not illuminated!

Edited by ti1103

The absolute Don of Corrados. Low mileage, unbelievably clean, ludicrous power, very nice installation. What is there not to like...

Christ, you could buy mine 3 times over for that price.

Does look a very nice car but don't think it will be selling anytime soon.