Sign in to follow this  
jazzdevil

what else chews a hole in your wallet??

Hmmm, well my £6k home studio took pride of place till I had to temporarily de-camp to the 'rents, so it's now in storage not getting used... :( As is my original 1970s Braun Nizo Super8 film camera... Oh, and I have a Hoffman Dirty One-Thirty in bits in my garage that I was planning to rebuild too... And my Carrera road bike as well... And my Blueprint board...

Hmmm, maybe the 'rat will be the first project I actually finish! :lol:

oh, I forgot about my main expense this year... 3 weeks in New Zealand! Can't wait... only 10 days 'til I get the hell outta this country! 8)

Well bizarrely, until yesterday I technically owned 2 Corrados and a Mk3 Golf. The new Corrado is costing lots, but it's nearly all money that's come from the old Corrado parts.

The Mk3 costs bugger all because I refuse to spend money on it. I'm gonna clean it up properly next week and shove it on 'trader, so then I'll be back to just the one car :D

Otherwise, my costs are all on my house as it's in need of complete re-decoration. I ordered a new kitchen the other week which will be £3k when it's all in and I'm going to embark on painting etc on the rest of the house soon...

I have a weakness for all things gadgety, 42" plasma, B&W cinema surround, touch screen remotes etc etc, and seem to have been spending a hell of a lot on photography equipment at the minute, cameras (digital and film), filters, tripod, bag, lenses, enlargers, dark room equipment, none of it Ill ever use I bet, and the wife costs me loads, I also have a thing for expensive watches which has rubbed off on her, so now we have to omegas to the tune of 4k, and her love of Jimmy Choo's is keeping me from buying a new Corrado. Oh well you can only spend it once, cant take it to the grave, etc etc. (sayings by skint people)

Too many things to list really, but mainly Raddo go juice to get to uni/work/home, Trip to iceland to do research and this bag of bolts, its ready to be painted now just need to save :roll:

My C and My Seat Leon. The Leon munches way too much petrol.

oh, I forgot about my main expense this year... 3 weeks in New Zealand! Can't wait... only 10 days 'til I get the hell outta this country! 8)

I know :offtopic1:

Henny where are you going in NZ? I spent 5 weeks there a few years ago, got to be one of the best things I have ever done. I had friends in Auckland, so I crashed at their flat for 2 weeks, the rest of the time I spent with a mate driving a Skyline round both Islands 8) . Bay of Islands, Mount Cook and Queenstown are the highlights for me. Also went to Mere Mere (Not sure if thats how it spelled) which is a drag strip about 1 hour outside Auckland, good to see the Rotarys (Mazdas) and Holdens doing their stuff.

Back on topic I managed to do my trip for around £2000, it was worth every penny too.

Phil, doing 3 days in LA, then 16 days driving from north NZ to south NZ and then onto Fiji where we get onto a helicopter to take us to a little island for 4 days with no more than 42 guests with 38 staff and NO under 12s! 8) Reckon it's gonna work out about double what you spent each, but it's sooooo gonna be a good holiday 'cos it's 4* and above all the way... !

I'll make a note of those place names... Ta! 8) Aiming to do THE bungie jump off the bridge, white water rafting, jet boating and Zorbing while we're there... gotta make it worth it...

Oh, and to keep this on topic, I've just received something from another one of my hole burning activities... A Fuji S7000 digital camera with 1Gb microdrive... 8) I've been hankering after one similar for ages and this holiday deserves some good photos taking! :lol: 8)