Sign in to follow this  
pkripper

TOP GEAR

Still no news on the stig though, people on no rice reckon its ben collins?

Anybody know anybody who knows anybody?

I work for the BBC, i talk to the team at Top gear on a regular basis

i always ask, the only thing they say is that it is a normal guy! he jus some ex racing driver (no one special)

all they knew is he drives an S3

the only thing they say is that it is a normal guy! he jus some ex racing driver (no one special)

thats no good! I was hoping it was some sort of stirling moss cyborg :(

thats no good! I was hoping it was some sort of stirling moss cyborg

i thought that too mate!

i always thought it was Damon Hill

I thought Perry McCarthy was the old Stig (one in black suit) and the current one was just a mystery?!

I've heard Perry McCarthys name connected to the first stig too, I always thought they 'killed' him because everyone knew who it was?

I heard that the first stig got the sack for stacking Jeremy's car. Might be lies i've heard though.

I'm pretty sure that the Stig is Tiff Needell, the reason they cant reveal his identity is 'cos he has his "own show". Makes sense to me though since Clarkson and Needell used to work together before and we all know that Needell is a sh!thot driver.

i just turned it on before the rolling stunt in the sierra..mad!!!and the M5 is just something else.......

I thought Perry McCarthy was the old Stig (one in black suit) and the current one was just a mystery?!

My understanding as well. Remember Damon was always connected with the job, but never quite substantiated.

The Stig from series 1 through to series 3 was Perry McCarthy, who was formerly a formula 1 driver and has also been a test driver for the Benneton, arrows and williams teams, but from series 4 he has changed (remember the staged death of him when he drove off the end of the aircraft carrier!!!) Hence the change in overalls from all black to all white.

I thought the original Stig could have been the '80s rally championship Stig Blomqvist, even though he is around 60 years old he is still an amazing driver and regularly competes. There was definately a "rally" style to the original Stig whereas the new one seems to drive a lot tighter, more like a touring car driver.

/www.perrymccarthy.com/ But yeah this says it all :lol: