Sign in to follow this  
boab

Anyone claimed w/screen through insurance

was wondering if anyone has claimed through their insurance for windscreen damage?? do you need a crime report from police or anything?? does the car need a valid mot and tax for them to fix it??

Why, did someone stove a crowbar into yours then?

No you don't need a crime report under normal breakage circumstances and tax and mot, well, it shouldn't be on the road without either, but if it's SORN registered, then mobile fitters won't need to see tax or MOT.... but they will need to see your insurance details.

was wondering if anyone has claimed through their insurance for windscreen damage?? do you need a crime report from police or anything?? does the car need a valid mot and tax for them to fix it

yes lots of times doesnt need mot or tax neither do you need a crime number.

I changed one once and they only needed my insurance details. Just had to pay the screen excess, and they did the rest.

best thing to do is phone your insurance company and ask them what to do and if you are covered, they will also let you know where to take it and may even book it in for you, thats what they did for me anyway.

Yup, I had a window replaced on my Golf a few weeks back and all they needed to see were the insurance docs.

Ring your insurer - they will probably have a "recommended" fitter. You'll wwind up paying a much larger fee if you don't use their recommended people.

Had mine replaced about 6 months ago. It cost me 50 quid on excess at RAC windscreens.

I asked the guy how much it would have cost if I hadn't had gone through the insurance and he said something like £800 !!

Had mine replaced about 6 months ago. It cost me 50 quid on excess at RAC windscreens.

I asked the guy how much it would have cost if I hadn't had gone through the insurance and he said something like £800 !!

I've been told those stories too. Funny how VW sell 'em for £240 though, init?

Want my screen replaced due to bad stonechips and a small crack on the lower part of the screen - would i need to make the crack bigger to claim on insurance or is it my choice if i want a replacement? Only £50 excess and no damage to NCD!

had my windsreen replaced twice. once because it had a crack in it when i got it and second time was cuz someone decided to throw a stone at it.

didnt need a crime number or anything although they do make a note of the cause i think.

Both time i claimed on insurance and just paid the excess. All they need to see is your cover not stating what the excess is.

Neil L dont think u need to make the crack bigger to claim on insurance, just say uve had a stone hit it.

I got mine replaced on my Vento Vr6 just contacted insurance & they told me to make appointment at RAC ;)

Chap asked did I want a tinted @ the top one ;)

Seen the invoice for insurance it was like £699