Sign in to follow this  
s.g

Project corrado

Well its has started , after having the car for about three months and only driving it once (to get it home) i have started to get things underway. And what away to go, i have decided to follow in phatvr6's foot steps and go all the way with the engine mods. So after weeks of searching i have found and bought these this weekend. And as the weeks pass by i will be updating you more i hope you all enjoy. :D

Excellent another one for the 24v Group thrash. Good luck mate, its a whole world of fun! :)

Are you planning on splicing looms or fitting the whole lot from the R32?

Jay

whats the donor car ..vr ?

wild stab in the dark here but I would say an R32 ;-)

not the engine :roll: the flavour of c :?:

whats the donor car ..vr ?

wild stab in the dark here but I would say an R32 ;-)

not the engine :roll: the flavour of c :?:

i will be fiting it into a 1.8 16v which will mean i will most likely have to move the engine mounts.

coxtlad yea i will be going 4wd and using the haldex rear diff.

g60 renshaw , i have all the wiring loom so i am looking into fitting it all in at the moment its just in a big ball all tangled up.

thanks all for the comments :)

but are you actually going to use the 4motion rear arms, hubs linkaged etc?

I think you will find it to be a proper pain in the bot.

you would be better off sourcing an old mk2 syncro and robbing the rear beam and panels, fuel tank off that, then it will all fit and look factory.

I have grafted the haldex diff into the syncro rear beam, as have other people, it can be done and IMO its neater than trying to make the 4motion rear beam fit.

but are you actually going to use the 4motion rear arms, hubs linkaged etc?

I think you will find it to be a proper pain in the bot.

you would be better off sourcing an old mk2 syncro and robbing the rear beam and panels, fuel tank off that, then it will all fit and look factory.

I have grafted the haldex diff into the syncro rear beam, as have other people, it can be done and IMO its neater than trying to make the 4motion rear beam fit.

dutchdub do a weld in kit for exactly this! I will be purchasing one soon :wink:

Good luck man. Email me your progress if you get bored during the day :)

cheers tom i keep you updated

coxylaad, i was thinking about using the 4motion set as i have all that as well but as you say the syncro would be easier and more of a factory look.

which drive shafts did you use (4 motion or custom ones) the 4motion ones will make my wheels stick out a 1" bigger on either side.

thanks for the advice.

Want one!

I keep having recurring dreams of an R32 Rado. Want to have engine, dash and interior, in the same vein as Jay's, as though it had come straight from the factory.

If only I had a clue...................... :scratch:

How many of you boys are there on the Isle of Man! Do you have a competition running to see who can get a 24v first :)

You can have mine for £14K if you want :)

Jay