Sign in to follow this  
W3RKD

brembo brakes anyone !!!

hose's are needed too sorry therse are made up buy any competent hose place for around £30..

The hoses have no part number because it's not a standard part, they just make the required lenght... Oh yes it's not needed, some fitted these brakes by bending the last piece of the brake line :? But if your going to upgrade just get the hose's, it's not such a big deal and the look real nice ;)

I have fitted this conversion to both Abs and non ABS equipped Corrados and in both cases the setup works well, as indeed it should for reasons already stated. I no longer use the Cupra R disc as i find them too heavy and they increase the unsprung weight. Instead i use lightweight racing rotors with alloy bells. As regards braided hoses i have my own made for the job as the Brembo callipers require a completely different hose to that of the oe kit. Fit is also important here for obvious reasons, to that end one must ensure that the hose is properly supported throughout it's entire range of movement. Wheel fit is the final consideration, and dependant on choice you must be ready to carry out proper mods to achieve correct calliper clearance and wheel fit. Some wheels, as has been stated, will not work with this brake upgrade.

This conversion is easy to bolt on and well within the ability of most hands on enthusiasts. Conversely however it is not always so easy to have it working with all the same parts. As we are dealing with an essential system here if you are in any doubt about any of these details then i would strongly recommend you seek the appropriate assistance. Done well this is a superb mod and compliments the Corrado well.

One thing to be aware of is as been said already, your choice of wheels may be restricted due ti size if caliper. AFAIK, the only 152 rim you can fit over the Brembos is the Compomotive MO (Rallye style 5 spoker), and even with 16s you can't run low offset ie. deep dish wheels.

On the plus side, these brakes fit under Porsche wheels no probs!!! 8)

Yes 15" is really a big problem the compomotivo would clear the caliper without a problem, i have 17" 8J with ET35 clearing the brakes like it should, and that is not a deep dish rim... oh yes if you have a flat on a front tire with these brakes you have to take a wheel from the back to put on up front and put the spare on the rear of the car ;) smartest thing to do anyway... i don't like the small spare tire... hoping to keep it factory new 8)

i after a rough price for the hoses?

is it possible to buy the goodridge hoses? would they fit?

I have phoned my local dealer and got a really good price :D for the whole package, the only thing i need to work out is the hoses.

There are some advantages living here in jersey.

cheers chris

good info though lol

Indeed, it's a thread I'd never seen. I wonder if the prices have changed much since 2003...

LOL - I remember this very thread 6 years ago and wishing I had the £450 to join the group buy - seems like peanuts now!

Prices are now £745 from Badger for the 4 stud 305mm kit.

The original prices were so cheap becuase the Cupra R's were still under warranty and there were a lot of issues with claims regarding the quality of paint and lacquer peel on the Brembo's.

(Like the Lupo wiper sets, VAG keep the prices very low for these parts while the cars are new)

Indeed, it's a thread I'd never seen. I wonder if the prices have changed much since 2003...

They have sadly. Apparently, or so I was told at least, SEAT fell out with Brembo for refusing to supply some calipers for one of the race seasons, so SEAT went to AP Racing instead, which made the prices of the OE Brembo road car calipers go through the roof compared to the prices in the first post.

Saw a nice box of AP Racing logo'd OE Leon calipers at Stealth a while ago, so the story must hold some water :D

i got well exicted for a minute, almost text everybpdy i know :lol:

Its says VRT is not for girls in your sig but come on, you really are a 14 year old school girl aren't you? :D

i got well exicted for a minute, almost text everybpdy i know :lol:

Its says VRT is not for girls in your sig but come on, you really are a 14 year old school girl aren't you? :D

:lol: sure am!! all the other girls at skool are after brembo front disc conversions :grin: