Kevin Bacon

The Forced Induction VR6 thread

PMSL :lol: Defo a hole in the market there mate. Get working on one and you'll make a killing at next years E38 show :lol:

:lol: i could even put a little chav peak it, and it can come with a anchor think chain for ya staffy :lol:

All this is making my head spin a bit to be honest,I am hopefully going to meet up with a guy who is doing a twin turbo vr6 at the mo,and has done a lot of other vrt's in the past to have a good old chat about all things holy(that being vrt's esp vrtt's :D :notworthy: )

So hopefully I will have a better understanding of what needs to be done and will get things underway.

It will be done in 6 months tick tock it's on baby!

There's a twin turbo VR6 4WD MK2 Golf in Suffolk that I know of. Not him is it?

Also Strictlydubs are near Chelmsford. Have a word with Simon, he's a really nice bloke and imports all the Schimmel stuff, plus anything else you need. They do well priced turbo kits aswell!

It could well be,I know that he is mostly into golfs,so sounds about right will let you know after I have had a chat with him.Thanks for the for the info on were to get kit,I have just sold the bike,so will be getting things together soon.

Do you have a number for simon?

as there are almost 50 pages here, is it possible to distill this into a guide for supercharging and turbocharging, perhaps as a Wiki article?

Ok Im going to be a lazy fooker and ask if anyone has good experience with Rotrex chargers other than B5VWC.

Contemplating one for my car but cannot find too much info on uk-mkivs and just scanned vwvortex however they seem more into the VF's.

Im not looking at any internal work, would just to get around 300bhp mark with torque to boot.

What do you want to know mate? Is this going on a 24V? Just looking at you sig.

Ok Im going to be a lazy fooker and ask if anyone has good experience with Rotrex chargers other than B5VWC.

Contemplating one for my car but cannot find too much info on uk-mkivs and just scanned vwvortex however they seem more into the VF's.

Im not looking at any internal work, would just to get around 300bhp mark with torque to boot.

What do you want to know mate? Is this going on a 24V? Just looking at you sig.

Yeah just looking at it for the Corrado. If I get my road bike sold I might use some of the money towards this. From the research Ive done it would appear you use the belt tensioner already on the engine with the requirement to grind away some of the head. It would be nice to know what is required as a minumum to get this fitted although Im sure there will be difference between mine and the 12v. Ive seen a guy on UK-mkivs with one fitted running lower CR and forged internals with 400+bhp on his 4motion. That would be nice but Im not quite at that stage.....yet.

;) something in mind Hasan?

ha ha you guessed it :D Turbo does look/sound very appealing, not totally convinced on a supercharger, but i'm only looking at around 300 horses, so its still driveable. Still not ruled out the 24v though....

;) something in mind Hasan?

ha ha you guessed it :D Turbo does look/sound very appealing, not totally convinced on a supercharger, but i'm only looking at around 300 horses, so its still driveable. Still not ruled out the 24v though....

400bhp is still driveable, you wont be driving on boost everywhere you go, well it would be impossible!! but 300bhp is enough for me (at the minute :wink:)

DONT got to storm etc etc and buy the kit mate, theres a place called TTS near silverstone which will supply you the charger/cooler etc etc at a very good price, theres also a near new c30-94 on e-bay at the moment :)

as for the mounting bracket, there was a place in holland called R-TECH?? who sold the brackets for the 24v engines, but i dont think there still around??

you could always get a knackered 24v engine and fabricate your own brackets and then make some more and sell them on??

oh yeh on the 24v engines you dont need to grind off any part of the engine.

karl

DONT got to storm etc etc and buy the kit mate, theres a place called TTS near silverstone which will supply you the charger/cooler etc etc at a very good price, theres also a near new c30-94 on e-bay at the moment :)

as for the mounting bracket, there was a place in holland called R-TECH?? who sold the brackets for the 24v engines, but i dont think there still around??

you could always get a knackered 24v engine and fabricate your own brackets and then make some more and sell them on??

oh yeh on the 24v engines you dont need to grind off any part of the engine.

karl

Thanks, TTS are well known for s/cing bike engines and have been for a few years.

Hope they are better than the storm ones as I've had quite a few issues with mine up to press, here's a little warning of what to expect:

1)Holes to screw to the head not quite correct, had to slot one slightly.

2)Slot for tensioner (pulley extender) in the wrong place, I had to open it up.

3)My 85mm charger pulley is on the very upper size limits and to my disgust can actually self destruct :shock: with the belt rubbing against the belt around the charger when it stretches slightly. Luckily with my vigilance I caught this and just managed to tweak everything with the play in the holes and re-tensioning the belt to be clear by a few mm.

4)Tensioner mounting plate not welded on straight therefore the tensioner pulley does not run true and now the pulley bearings sound shagged, I've bodged it with some shim.

But all in all for the price of this bracket (which is fair enough due to development) they could at least NOT be making these errors in manufacture, made on the cheap if you ask me. :epicfail:

I'm now very tempted to get mine drawn up with a few charger positioning tweaks and made correctly. Working in a drawing office, this should only take a little persuasion one lunch time or two as one of the guys used to work for Holset/Cummins so appreciates my efforts. Also useful as he knows all the equations to calculate the best turbo charger for the job, which is sounding more tempting by the week a lately.

........... the best turbo charger for the job, which is sounding more tempting by the week a lately.

Happened to be in Kidderminster - DGAutotech sorting my Bora ARB bushes and some ecu probs - and Crazydave offered a spin in his VRT on his fave local circuit - Sheesh! - use of spare pair of trollies narrowly averted. :notworthy: That car is so well planted, smooth and well behaved for a 350bhp 12V.

Dave very kindly offered a spell behind the wheel - what a superb drive. :clap:

Has anyone have a number for Stricklydubs can't find one anywhere!

Here you go mate - 01621 778811

Nice one thanks