Kevin Bacon

The Forced Induction VR6 thread

don't ask jim what power is ok in a corrado :lol:

350BHP. Not a single horsepower more or less.

Joking aside, should be pretty cool to see what Stealth have cooked up with this one and what the prices are for the conversion.. definitely interested to see some numbers both in terms of performance and in terms of cost! :)

(Just an aside, but all the 300 bhp fwd hot hatches coming out the factories around this world have functional traction control or limited slip diffs..)

I saw the Stealth turbo VR on monday (sadly not yet running). Vince hopes that the big VR will provide enough air flow to get the (also big) turbo spinning from only about 3k rpm onwards. The aim is to have something quite progressive and controllable.

It's gonna be an interesting motor..

thanks guys for the replys

guess ill just wait and see what stealth put out and then go from there, its such a hard decission been changing my mind for a while already and i dont think thats about to change haha

thanks again tho

i was the same in seeking more power... i ended up selling my old corrado and buying a VRT already done, just needs some TLC, but wouldnt swap it for the world!!

i havent been in a rotrex'd corrado saying that but it surely can be better :shrug: maybe the same but not better 8)

so it all boils down to your preferences on the torque band. i.e. low and punchy, mid and toppy, or all toppy!

Personally I just want a completely predictable 250-300 lbft available from 1200 rpm to 6200 rpm. Is that too much to ask? :)

so it all boils down to your preferences on the torque band. i.e. low and punchy, mid and toppy, or all toppy!

Personally I just want a completely predictable 250-300 lbft available from 1200 rpm to 6200 rpm. Is that too much to ask? :)

thats exactly what mines like!! not so sure about 1st gear, i take it easy in 1st then let rip in 2nd :grin:

thanks guys for the replys

guess ill just wait and see what stealth put out and then go from there, its such a hard decission been changing my mind for a while already and i dont think thats about to change haha

thanks again tho

i was the same in seeking more power... i ended up selling my old corrado and buying a VRT already done, just needs some TLC, but wouldnt swap it for the world!!

i havent been in a rotrex'd corrado saying that but it surely can be better :shrug: maybe the same but not better 8)

well it wasnt that i thought the rotrex would be better but the oposit, because the rotrex spins from start to finish, and turbo has a power band sort of deliever, i was wondering weather the the gain you get from a charger in first of the start ment that towards the end of the revs the charger wouldnt be as effective as a turbo.

il try and keep this simple as its hard to explain

so of the line a charger might leave a turboed car, because a turbo has gota spowl up first

but when you change to second the turbo will already be in boost with more punch and then on threw the rest of the gears and there fore, the gain of the line isnt as much of a gain as havin a turbo that is made to be used when blastin in sertain rev ranges

does that make sense

well it wasnt that i thought the rotrex would be better but the oposit, because the rotrex spins from start to finish, and turbo has a power band sort of deliever, i was wondering weather the the gain you get from a charger in first of the start ment that towards the end of the revs the charger wouldnt be as effective as a turbo.

il try and keep this simple as its hard to explain

so of the line a charger might leave a turboed car, because a turbo has gota spowl up first

but when you change to second the turbo will already be in boost with more punch and then on threw the rest of the gears and there fore, the gain of the line isnt as much of a gain as havin a turbo that is made to be used when blastin in sertain rev ranges

does that make sense

That sort of makes sense, however the Rotrex doesn't work in the same way as a G60 charger for example (positive displacement), as it needs to spin up to a fairly high speed to generate boost (See turbo adiabatic efficiencies on the garrett website) as the Rotrex uses a turbo compressor wheel/housing! For example I see next to no boost up to about 3K rpm however from then on boost increases linearly up to the red line. This probably makes it easier to drive flat out, however you will certainly not get noticeable amounts of increased power at the lower rpm range. I knew this was the case when I bought mine, but did hope for a little more than I actually got.

As your local to me, I'm more than happy to take you for a quick spin when mines back on the road so you can see what its like. There's also a turbo'd VR local which might be useful to take a look at before you start spending.

And for comparison, I get 3psi at 2500rpm and the whole 13psi is there by 3500rpm, then it holds that 13psi all the way to 7000rpm. That's quite a nice torque band from a relatively large turbo, although I do have bigger valves and high lift cams to get more air in, which works wonders on the VR6.

Well for the lower one of those figures you just want an R32 lump then! Torque as soon as you touch the throttle and pulls strong to the redline (if you don't have a weird flat spot at 2k rpm that is :roll:).

I still want boost though :(

If I win the lotto I'll be getting a Veyron. The Corrado will then be handed out free of charge to someone at random, with a "Good luck, you'll need it" note attached the windscreen :D

If I win the lotto I'll be getting a Veyron. The Corrado will then be handed out free of charge to someone at random, with a "Good luck, you'll need it" note attached the windscreen :D

We know you don't mean it Kev :lol:

we do need a R32T rado on here ,who will be first :) Kev or Rob :lol:

Well I've just bought my first house so maybe in about 10 years when I have some money again :lol:

Just getting back to the stealth turbo project,does anyone have a ball park figure of how much this will be,have tried to call stealth but no reply,even a ruff informed price will do,maybe I won't be buying that rotrex after all.

And just wanted to say top work stealth for getting a kit out there.

As your local to me, I'm more than happy to take you for a quick spin when mines back on the road so you can see what its like. There's also a turbo'd VR local which might be useful to take a look at before you start spending.

that would be a great help mate, thanks for the offer, just drop us a pm when ur back up and ill have a cruise over

it would be good just to see your bay and ask you a few questions

i noticed theres a stealth day this sunday, shame i noticed it so late as im busy on sunday, but, well i guess the results will be going up on here but it would be good to see some of the graphs both charged and turboed up in this section just to see? also to be nosey and see what people are putting out :D

Just getting back to the stealth turbo project,does anyone have a ball park figure of how much this will be,have tried to call stealth but no reply,even a ruff informed price will do,maybe I won't be buying that rotrex after all.

i dont think any1 has any idea yet, but maybe after this weekend there might be more of an idea and also what sort of power the kit will produce

all.

i dont think any1 has any idea yet, but maybe after this weekend there might be more of an idea and also what sort of power the kit will produce

Don't forget this is a basic kit, would say about 300bhp.

Don't forget this is a basic kit, would say about 300bhp.

From the rumour mill at the Stealth Dyno day yesterday, I picked up a fitted price of around £3K and it will be 350hp in stage 1 spec. Obviously that's not been officially confirmed yet, but that sounds like a great price for an extra 150hp to me!