Kevin Bacon

The Forced Induction VR6 thread

bikers come from miles around to get their knee down round them but i love showing them how to really take a bend quick ;) lol

Hard to get your knee down in a 'rado though.... :lol:

All these VRT's that are appearing.... it's going to be bad for my health and bank balance soon!

Mic dont listen to the crowd we can be n/a friends

We'll be a rare breed soon at this rate! ...... but it is tempting....

Hard to get your knee down in a 'rado though.... :lol:

All these VRT's that are appearing.... it's going to be bad for my health and bank balance soon!

very true Mic it is impossible to get your knee down in a C lol

i must say it is great though when the bikers are stood on the bridge watching their m8s & then i see them all whip their heads round to look at WTF is making all that noise coming round the bend, BMC at full chat & bridgestones doing their best not to loose traction

all within the 70mph speed limit on the slip roads though ;)

Ha ha you took the thought out of my mind about the VRT's m8 but i want your brakes 1st!!!

You keep saying that. Get about it already!

We'll be a rare breed soon at this rate! ...... but it is tempting....

Tempting to be friends haha cheers mic , you are right though theres alot of turbo cars about , common as ****

You keep saying that. Get about it already!

I know, I know! Currently in the process of moving to a place with a garage... then I'm hoping to actually complete a few projects without having to take the car somewhere else to work on it safely.

Thankfully not many 24vT's yet Matt, so I could still be classed as 'unique'.... ish.... :lol:

Mic dont listen to the crowd we can be n/a friends

I'll be your N/A friend - I'll never go FI... :( *

*Subject to change if I happen to find five grand in the street ;)

This thread inspired me literally years ago, well I have finally pulled my finger out!

10384687_10154799632335576_1334061580130138916_n.jpg?oh=3afc9a1bde4d0f3453dadab652f3a269&oe=54D64AFB&__gda__=1423923630_6e66670158dc2110854a9248b6826a66

1939942_10154799633650576_3696658409897772374_n.jpg?oh=c5fb381669259564fd5a6cf0784c3f62&oe=54EF2C97&__gda__=1424726727_7a6c3638352d656b15c5c0f8e6ac3d84

Trial fitting, making sure my exhaust manifold fits

10689799_10154832131795576_1149074322015221244_n.jpg?oh=64f96fc896375101c7b3788cb4cb7451&oe=550BDFA0&__gda__=1426302285_052a3613c4f4690ce76b94c908e94faf

I like over engineering...

WP_20141219_008_zps65ebeeae.jpg

Edited by vag

Areet.

Just picked up a v1f, but pulley isn't is good shape.

Where re can I find pulleys for these units?

Anyone got a 24v with a rotrex?

I need to find the bracket and belt for a C38

I'm not too keen on mounting it in the A/C location but then it would be very discreet but not very easy to access

Next to near to the tensioner like the violet corrado which is for sale

I've got water injection

Big charger plenty of flow low boost is my thinking

What should I be checking to resolve my newly T'd VRT from stuttering after overrun and when approaching junctions etc? My 1st thoughts are:

MAF

Lambda

Inlet pipework for leaks etc.

I thought id ask here as many have years of experience of FI VR6s and though its only just been converted it seems to be getting worse and is hit and miss. I could take it to stealth but id rather eliminate anything obvious if there is a fault.

It pulls like crazy when on boost but the stammering when pootling is a PITA.

Thanks all.

For the money you've laid out mate, I'd be on the phone to Vince. I'm sure it'll be something he can fix.

I recently had a stuttering issue on mine (not a VRT but still...) and it was Lambda. You got access to VCDS?

I know what you are saying mic but It is a treck so I'll check obvious stuff before going back to stealth.

No VCDS take it that's fault finding stuff mate?

Edited by VAG-hag

Last time my non FI vr was stuttering at low revs was a plug lead arcing across to the head. Obvious when popping the bonnet in low light and peering about as you can see the light it created much easier.

I know what you are saying mic but It is a treck so I'll check obvious stuff before going back to stealth.

No VCDS take it that's fault finding stuff mate?

Thinking a phonecall before driving down there?

Yeah, vcds is vagcom basically. If I can get mine back I'm happy to send it to you, you'll just need a laptop to run it on.

Yeah sure mate I'll give him a call about it.... I'll get it all inspected tonight

Thanks for offer of vagcom too. Do I need rs232 on the laptop or does it run ok from USB ports now? I may just have to get it purchased at some point :)

Last time my non FI vr was stuttering at low revs was a plug lead arcing across to the head. Obvious when popping the bonnet in low light and peering about as you can see the light it created much easier.

I'll check that out too, thanks :)

Yeah sure mate I'll give him a call about it.... I'll get it all inspected tonight

Thanks for offer of vagcom too. Do I need rs232 on the laptop or does it run ok from USB ports now? I may just have to get it purchased at some point :)

USB mate, all modern tech and that! I'll try to get it back and I'll PM you for your address.