Kevin Bacon

The Forced Induction VR6 thread

No the Microphone won't fit down there and yes the cams will work a treat. VAG-HAG's old man has them with a V9 (or could be schrick 248s actually) and his car made some impressive numbers.

Thanks Kev.

No idea what filter to use, will post a thread. Cheers

No the Microphone won't fit down there and yes the cams will work a treat. VAG-HAG's old man has them with a V9 (or could be schrick 248s actually) and his car made some impressive numbers.

Mine made 305 bhp, 251ft/lb at 8 psi with 263s. Although that was a December day.

You still want that Mocal, Nick?

Has anyone tried this idea for cooling? Looks quite neat. I'm working out what to do next with cooling as I want to increase the boost/performance.

They look good, thanks for link.

Kev, do you prefer this to the SP charge cooler/short runner?

You're on the slippery slope now mate :D

I'd take the Schimmel intake and chargecooler over that any day of the week, but it's not cheap kit!

Gents, problem on startup. when i start the idle is up and down and eventually stalls. i have to rev it for a little while then it seems to sort itself out. What is causing this? thanks.

Since supercharging I have noticed my cabin feels a hell of a lot warmer than before, legs are sweating like crazy. Fan still blows cold, and I guess the heat is to be expected. Anyone know ways of keeping cabin temps down? All I can think of is heat wrapping the exhaust manifold... Would this make a big difference?

Next Q relating to that - I have a stainless 6 branch from a vr6 golf which I could wrap. Will this fit? I am guessing adding the mani won't affect the map at all?

Cheers

Anyone know of a V5 fitted to a C? Got to thinking last night if I ever go down the power route with my car I would fancy doing something a bit differenent and though about a turbo'd V5. It should just be the same as any 24v V6 engine I would have thought with some custom exhaust mani's required.

Anyone know of a V5 fitted to a C? Got to thinking last night if I ever go down the power route with my car I would fancy doing something a bit differenent and though about a turbo'd V5. It should just be the same as any 24v V6 engine I would have thought with some custom exhaust mani's required.

Coulstar,

I happened to have a chat to one of the guys at The Phirm about the V5 a few months ago and was told there is very little tuning support for it. I think everything would have to be custom and it would cost you a lot of money to achieve power gains that would be underwhelming. I'm sure it could be done, but what price exclusivity? I'd go down the rotrex'd R32 route if I was going to swap out the engine in the C now. V impressive power gains (over 500 bhp) available depending on the engine build and size of the pulley. The R32 block is a great engine.

Id heard they are the 4mo block minus a cyl with an effective R32 head. Surely the internal components are the same as the 2.8VR. I wouldnt be looking at mega HP (350ish) if I was doing this so a spacer gasket with standard internals and standard intake should suffice.

You can also use the gearbox from some as it has lower ratios. I realise some custom bits like the manifold and downpipe would be needed but I think it would be a cool little project.

Id heard they are the 4mo block minus a cyl with an effective R32 head. Surely the internal components are the same as the 2.8VR. I wouldnt be looking at mega HP (350ish) if I was doing this so a spacer gasket with standard internals and standard intake should suffice.

You can also use the gearbox from some as it has lower ratios. I realise some custom bits like the manifold and downpipe would be needed but I think it would be a cool little project.

http://www.carlicious-parts.com/epages/62028049.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62028049/Categories/%22V5%20Tuning%22

I have a 4mo BDE head and an AQN V5 head sat on shelves in the garage, I've weighed the V5 block in this morning, selling V5 engine parts is like selling nuclear waste.........................

Those of you running FI- is it normal to have a stronger fuel smell when starting? Wondering if I need to get it checked out.

I have uprated injectors and fuel pump, standard cat, new MAF. Car runs on V Power Nitro+ if that makes any difference.

Cheers

Hi,

I've just finished a vortech V9 install but have what I think is a problem.

T'd in my vac/boost gauge. My vac at idle is only 16 and I think it should be about 22 from what I've read. Anyone know what the correct vac reading should be?

Also, I'm running the DV off the brake booster line. One of the two nipples on the one way valve. The gauge is T'd into my DV line. Anyone know if that is an ok setup?

Cheers

Ron

Hi there, I need to move my brake reservoir to make room for my turbo air intake.

Can any of you tell me what fitting is used to push into the master cylinder and where to buy it from?

Hi,

I've just finished a vortech V9 install but have what I think is a problem.

T'd in my vac/boost gauge. My vac at idle is only 16 and I think it should be about 22 from what I've read. Anyone know what the correct vac reading should be?

Also, I'm running the DV off the brake booster line. One of the two nipples on the one way valve. The gauge is T'd into my DV line. Anyone know if that is an ok setup?

Cheers

Ron

I've connected mine in the same way, used a Y joiner by the fuel reg and then the other line to the brake pipe by removing the nipple.

Cheers Rams, do you have a boost gauge? Just interested to see what vacuumed you are getting at idle. Mine is about 15-16 when cold and then rises to 19 once warm.

Thanks, still getting the issue of seeing 5psi and not 6psi on occasions. Not sure if that is just the way it is, or if I have a boost/vac leak

Belt is as tight as I dare so don't think it is slippage.

How are the oil temps etc at the time you loose boost? Maybe more cooling is needed to sustain the boost levels. Mine feels quite a bit quicker on different days/lower temps.

Have you got a uprated injectors and fuel pump?