Kevin Bacon

The Forced Induction VR6 thread

TT does use 312's and they are ****.

:lol:

Agreed, they are w@nk.

I just cannot believe people even contemplating driving a 400hp VRT around on 288s or 312s :cuckoo:

You guys got no BALLS, always got your foot on the brakes :lol:

TT does use 312's and they are ****.

:lol:

Agreed, they are w@nk.

I just cannot believe people even contemplating driving a 400hp VRT around on 288s or 312s :cuckoo:

You guys got no BALLS, always got your foot on the brakes :lol:

:lol: but thats only because we actually have roads on the mainland long enough to go over 30mph :lol:

:wink:

tmpphp8xi5cy.jpg[/attachment:japfr207]

Holy smokes! That's enormous! :shock:

Is that for Graham's VR? I need to speak to him, actually. Do you have his mobile number, Dave? I tried the one I have for him and it didn't work.

:wink:

tmpphp8xi5cy.jpg[/attachment:36octbee]

Holy smokes! That's enormous! :shock:

Nah... this is an enormous turbo

big_turbo.jpg

Might need a bit of bulkhead modification tho :lol:

Ahhh, the good old days before I went big turbo :D

Working on something more interesting that turbos at the moment....

Sneak previews...

^^^hahaa are people trying to move the world with that lasst turbo hahaa

them sneak peaks kev look cool do you make your own parts?

them sneak peaks kev look cool do you make your own parts?

I wish! My welding looks like clumps of poly filla :lol:

Nah, I have a very talented 'associate' over in the Big Apple who's making some VERY tasty VRT components 8)

looks like Kev might have a new inlet and exhausu mani on the way???

Indeedy - looks like a balanced length inlet, presumably to be welded/fixed into a short runner.

On the lower one - think Kev likes the colour scheme you get with welded stainless. :?

Indeedy - looks like a balanced length inlet, presumably to be welded/fixed into a short runner.

On the lower one - think Kev likes the colour scheme you get with welded stainless. :?

I was thinking along those lines, but I do believe you've hit the nail on the head with fitting it inside a short runner. I'm sort of confused as to why though as the inlet runners are still gonna be way to short to maintain air speeds to give any ram effect. But if I'm wrong I'm sure Kev will correct me or give the actual reasoning behind this.

I was thinking along those lines, but I do believe you've hit the nail on the head with fitting it inside a short runner. I'm sort of confused as to why though as the inlet runners are still gonna be way to short to maintain air speeds to give any ram effect. But if I'm wrong I'm sure Kev will correct me or give the actual reasoning behind this.

Wait until you've seen the finished manifold :d

Compared to an SRI like schimmel's, the runners on this one are very long and their job is to speed up gas flow, rather like a long gun barrel increases muzzle velocity, it's a similar principal.

Ditto with the tubular exhaust manifold, each runner fires a much faster pulse at the turbine wheel compared to an iron log manifold like atp's

Those two piece look like works of art Kev!

Seriously makes me think 12vT would be easier than a 24vT. Can only get cast exhaust mani's for the 24v and SRI is an issue at the moment as well........ :confused4: ............ what to do............

Yeah it's a tough call isn't it Mic? The 12V turbo is a well established engine and they're getting better all the time due to constant development from clever fabricator type folk 8)

Here's the development intake... fully CAD optimised. This won't be for everyone as some significant changes are required, but no chopping. You'll need pusher fans instead of the suckers and the alternator needs dropping down, but the projected huge gains in midrange torque will make it worth the effort imo 8)

Those two piece look like works of art Kev!

Seriously makes me think 12vT would be easier than a 24vT. Can only get cast exhaust mani's for the 24v and SRI is an issue at the moment as well........ :confused4: ............ what to do............

What's the difficulty?

The 24v uses a common port for each valve pair doesn't it?

Well the main issue on the 24v is space, because the head is wider to accomodate the extra valves and the equalised inlet paths its hard to make any current short runner intakes fit when its in a corrado.

Well the main issue on the 24v is space, because the head is wider to accomodate the extra valves and the equalised inlet paths its hard to make any current short runner intakes fit when its in a corrado.

I see what you mean Mic - the boggo mani is tight enough on the Bora

... but the projected huge gains in midrange torque will make it worth the effort imo 8)

Looks very interesting and a neat design; but isn't this the benefit of the standard VR manifold over a short runner in the first place, Kev? I'll be interested to see how you find it.