A20 LEE

A20 LEE My New Daily..

Better late than never, pics of the new car. Have a good excuse for not posting them earlier had a shocking week.

Its a 2001 facelift Audi S3 Quattro in Black with blue/black interior. Only 48700miles on the clock and Revo'd. Not sure how much power but 265-280bhp is about the norm. Through the gears it doesn't feel that quick but its mid range punch is awesome. Proper overtaking weapon.

Tried to fit BBS RC's today but the wheel bolts have been tightened beyond the strength of mortals :roll: Body and interior have been cleaned and its booked in for a 50

what are you gonna colour code, it looks fairly black? ;)

thats a very nice daily drive mate, I'd imagine its appearnace is gonna change after your work on the C, I'm expecting good things :D

['H3R4POR]what are you gonna colour code, it looks fairly black? ;)

thats a very nice daily drive mate, I'd imagine its appearnace is gonna change after your work on the C, I'm expecting good things :D

the grey bits on the front and back bumpers and the sill strips on the side will be painted black. Not going crazy with this one, just going to get it mint OEM+.

nice one lee i bet something happens soon!

you gonna get a zorst?

i do like the s3 not too many about either like dave says earlier thou!

what a daily driver!

did you have anything else in mind or was it alwys the s3

nice one lee i bet something happens soon!

you gonna get a zorst?

i do like the s3 not too many about either like dave says earlier thou!

what a daily driver!

did you have anything else in mind or was it alwys the s3

after having it a few days think the answer is probably not. It will be a very tidy car but even thinking about keeping the standard wheels now. Maybe just space them out abit. Dubsport are servicing it tomorrow and having a very light tint in the glass. Chrome dial ring, nothing really just a nice example of an S3 is the goal. I'd love to turn it into a project but thats what the corrado's for.

to fit BBS RC's.

Here he goes :lol: ;)

Nah that is a seriously nice car, if you had the chance of one of them brand new for free, or a Corrado brand new for free, which one would you have? :)

to fit BBS RC's.

Here he goes :lol: ;)

Nah that is a seriously nice car, if you had the chance of one of them brand new for free, or a Corrado brand new for free, which one would you have? :)

corrado, its more fun and more special to drive. The audi is a great car but lacks personality. Loved the corrado straight away the S3 is growing on me by contrast. Corrado is a cruiser or a sports car. The mid range punch of the S3 brings out the hooligan in you everytime you drive it.

Daily driver...?! sheesh, i'd be happy with that as my only car...! :lol:

looks nice Lee...

i'll 2nd that!!!

if ya get bored u could always use it for a s3 rado conversion :lol:

what do you think of the 1.8T compared to the VR?

prefer the vr to be honest. On the motorway the 1.8T feels very course and unrefined compared to a VR. Shocked by how much smoother quieter my corrado is on the motorway. Not a fan of the 6speed box either, the car really needs a longer final drive or longer 1st 2nd and 3rd gears.

Only down side of the VR is its lack of bottom end torque and the power is a little too linear if that makes sense. You don't get the shove of a turbo, but that makes it easier to drive on the throttle. Hmmm, VR is better. Audi lacks any really engine note too. In a straight line the VR will stay with the 1.8T but A to B the 1.8T will laugh off the VR.

I'm so jealous now!!! I used to have a denim blue one and it was fantastic far better then the TT we swapped it for.

Nice car look forward to seeing it.

I'm so jealous now!!! I used to have a denim blue one and it was fantastic far better then the TT we swapped it for.

took it to Dubsport today for a once over and service. Turns out the ECU was seeing the dump valve as an air leak and switching to safe mode. Jeff binned the dump valve and the car is transformed. It's a serious flying machine, definately swaying my earlier opinion about the VR being the better engine. Sounds better but an on song 280bhp 20V is a seriously quick car. Also got a ride in the 4x4 478bhp Corrado VRT. Its been turned down to 360bhp but it's shockingly fast. A run around the block and you could smell the burning rubber and that was with no wheel spin!!! Pure torque and friction generating the heat.

took it to Dubsport today for a once over and service. Turns out the ECU was seeing the dump valve as an air leak and switching to safe mode. Jeff binned the dump valve and the car is transformed. It's a serious flying machine, definately swaying my earlier opinion about the VR being the better engine. Sounds better but an on song 280bhp 20V is a seriously quick car. Also got a ride in the 4x4 478bhp Corrado VRT. Its been turned down to 360bhp but it's shockingly fast. A run around the block and you could smell the burning rubber and that was with no wheel spin!!! Pure torque and friction generating the heat.

Lee,

Lovely S3.. you're a lucky chap!

478bhp 4x4 corrado! Oh dear looks like the 20vt is going to be binned in favor of a vr6T ! lol... I bet it felt awesome even with 360bhp! I've driven mine with 300bhp and I'm blown away by the speed! For a car that weighs at least 300kg less than a mk4 based car the corrado just takes the power with such ease! Is it worth taking a trip to Dubsport for a ride? lol .. Anyway make sure you don't modify that S3 any further! Its a daily driver..lol !!

Ben

478? :shock: Who's was that, and why have I never heard of it?! :lol:

Lee,

Lovely S3.. you're a lucky chap!

Is it worth taking a trip to Dubsport for a ride? lol .. Anyway make sure you don't modify that S3 any further! Its a daily driver..lol !!

Ben

I'll say, it was only a run to the petrol station at the end of the road of a pasty but wow. Seems madness to be allowed to drive something that quick on the public road. The temptation to floor it would be to great and the guy that owns it now is going to use it as his daily driver!! Also has the mk1 VR6T, RS6 MTM, Porsches. Loaded!

Jeff was working on a 500+bhp 20V. The quality of work is utterley unbelievable!! Its a grey mk2, really should check it out if its ready for inters.

478? :shock: Who's was that, and why have I never heard of it?! :lol:

it was in the golf last year. Blackberry met, was on TSW Stealths at the time. Proper sleeper.

nice ride, A20LEE, but what's happening with your vr these days?

cheers mate

things have slowed down abit due to a heavy workload and a general lack of time and money. Also like to get the S3 looking presentable for this year too as i'll be doing the shows in it.

The Corrado is about 12month from returning at the minute. Really under estimated the time involved in reaching my goal and the expense. Only have a small budget so have to learn alot of new skills along the way to save money. I've only managed to chrome 1 piece of the mountain of stuff i've polished cos things are tight but i can't cut corners as it would stick out like a sore thumb. The steering rack for example needs to be fully chrome as it sits on a chrome subframe. Can't really paint it black now.

I'll post up a pic of my new chromed bit tomorrow and a pic of the S3 on borrowed rims. Polished 8.5x17 BBS RC and there still lost in those massive arches.

nice ride, A20LEE, but what's happening with your vr these days?

cheers mate

Been feeling guilty about spoiling the S3 so today picked up more chroming for the C. Fully chrome selector tower, gearbox mount, alternator bracket, pas bracket, radiator mounts, crank pulley and my favourite bit. The chromed up Mocal sandwich plate. Also a pic of my smoothed front cross member and a couple of progress pics of the S3.

So, now struggling for bits to chrome plate. Rear beam, new inlet manifold, steering rack, front hubs and one secret part which its a bit mental. I'm keeping quiet about it though, mainly because theres only 20percent chance it will work.

S3 wise, its getting some very light tints tomorrow as the car is like an oven in this hot weather and won a posh set of mats for it on the bay. Fitted some chromed dial rings and with the help of a rubber mallet and an extending wheel wrench managed to get the 17's off and the 18" BBS RC's which i've borrowed on. New rear bumper will hopefully be fitted for Squires meet at the end of the month. Think the exhaust is blowing, dam it the enjoys of a second car. You get to relive all the problems i used to have with the C before i fixed everything.

The new chrome pieces look killa, Lee. I wish I knew what you're about to pull outta your sleeve though...lol?!?! :-P