A20 LEE

A20 LEE My New Daily..

The new chrome pieces look killa, Lee. I wish I knew what you're about to pull outta your sleeve though...lol?!?! :-P

Think you've done it already but never seen it done in Europe. Then again haven't seen yours yet but mentioned you were going to have a bash too!

wow, it was SO worth the effort to smooth off that front cross member, it looks stunning.

Your ARB's are done, will get some pics up shortly.

with the help of a rubber mallet and an extending wheel wrench managed to get the 17's off and the 18" BBS RC's which i've borrowed on.

Get to the gym a bit more you skinny get :lol:

Couldn't help it. My brother took his 10x18's off his boxster for cleaning so i just had to try one on the S3. They fit with ease even with a 265/35/18 tyre. Bet it could take an 11" with a stretched 245 or 255, Pull the arches and 12x18's are on the cards. Must remember its a daily car....

bit skinny arent they? :lol: looks well mad!! dont know what it would be like driving it though!! steam roller anyone?? i say keep em on and put the porsche on some bricks!!

very nice wheels, not sure i like them on the S3 for some reason, nothing wrong with the car or wheels seperatly, just not my ideal combination.

look forwards to seeing the 12x18's when you get them ;);)

very nice wheels, not sure i like them on the S3 for some reason, nothing wrong with the car or wheels seperatly, just not my ideal combination.

look forwards to seeing the 12x18's when you get them ;);)

think its cos the sidewalls are wrong for an S3. Needs a 245/30/18, pic's don't convey how mighty the car looks with the 265's especially from the rear. Still only a dream, if i had the money for those wheels it would have to be spent on the corrado.

BTW Chris, if you want to come along and watch the karting next sunday your more than welcome. Could do with a photographer for some forum pics or General Accident :lol:

:lol: I'll see how i'm fixed mate, been mega busy dashing about to the relatives showing off the bambino this weekend and I have a feeling next weekend might be simular!

Its been a while, any updates on the C? :D

its sadly playing second fiddle to the S3 at the moment. New toy and all that. Only really development is got the refurbed ARB's back which look awesome in bright red, should be done in this colour from the factory. Also spoke to jason about smoothing the bay and told him he can take the car anytime he's ready. Doubt it will be before sept though as the E38 guys want me to bring the car to the show due to the very strong european turn out expected this year. Not sure i want to take it....hmmm. five/Six weeks to make up my mind.

On the S3 front, its got tints, new mats, H&R ARB's and just bought a set of H&R lowering springs. Saving up for a set of bilstein dampers and that will do it. The C will then get my full attention.

I know what you mean, I've done NOTHING on my Corrado since I bought the Mk4 nearly a year ago. problem being I took on another project for a mate aswell, and got a bike, which I then modified, then crashed. And since I've been injured (and almost recovered) I just can't be bothered to work on any of them!

Thing is, I did the same with my old mk2, and it sat in my garage for 3 years, sold all the bits or used them in other cars, then I sold it as a bare shell.

don't let this happen to your corrado.

how are things going with the C these days? :)

very slowly but plan to get my finger out next week and start pushing on so it can make a comeback next year. Its been playing second fiddle to the S3 which is getting very close to a point where i can leave it alone.

few pics of the S3, now lowered, de-chromed (a first for me :lol: ) and seat LCR front spoiler.

DSC02052.jpg

DSC02051.jpg

someone at edition 38 was saying it was up for sale at 14k.... dont know how true this is

its not for sale. An offer was made and declined at E38, didn't know it was common knowledge. Someone has big ears i guess :lol:

Leon splitter looks cool! 8)

So what's next for the C?

going to polish up the cylinder head next week and send it for rebuilding. Start fitting the poly bushes to the wishbones and build up the subframe. Strip the steering rack down, smooth and polished the front hubs for chrome. The peloquin diff should land in the UK in the next couple of weeks to the gearbox can start to be assembled......so lots really. Should keep me busy.

Glad your back on message, this car will be unrivalled when you have seen it through and not just amongst Corrados, respect

Any updates??? I'm dying to see more progress pictures Lee.

I check this forum daily just to see if theres been any progress on your car! LOL I dont even own a Corrado or infact a VW! But I cant get enough of this thread!

lol, thanks for the encouragement. I'll definately get this thread move soon. Still tickering with the S3 ( System :roll: ). hopefully if i'm not to busy next week i finish polishing the cylinder head and crack on with the never ending job of polishing and smooth a rear beam (glad i though of that mod, not!)

Finally after a long time out i've actually started working on the corrado again (still tinkering a little with the S3).

Dragged the rear beam out and continued with re-welding all the joints and smoothing back the welds.

DSC02069.jpg

Also managed to get hold of a rear engine mounting bracket which has been a sod to find. Remove all the casting lines, part numbers and a little re-shaping for a cleaner look.

DSC02066.jpg

Hasn't been polished up yet as i'm thinking about filling in the web near the mounting hole but ally's a real pain to weld.

DSC02070.jpg

Re-powder coated eibach bars in bright red, far nicer than the standard maroony colour.

Also used the S3 as a bit for a test bed for some lighting mods. Xenon interior lights are the b****cks!

DSC02074b.jpg

After some trial and error, found some bulbs (for the fogs) which actually looks very similar to the HID main beams. They will also be finding their way into the corrado. Few more lighting mods to come tomorrow.

DSC02078.jpg