Sign in to follow this  
carlo

Headlight Guards

Just woundering if anyone can help me track down some new ,or as good as new headlight guards. they were an orignal vag extra .Dont have the code right now but can get it. some one sent me a set before but they were never wraped properly and got smashed up.

Don't do it - get yourself some of the 3M film I have just got - complete kit for headlights, fogs and indicators (though these weren't listed as part of the kit

http://eurosportacc.com/lamin-x.htm

I didn't get charged any import duty and tey arrived within about a week - just as effective as the plastic guards and a damn sight more subtle

Euro Car Parts don't have any stock of headlight protectors.. I asked a couple of weeks back.

I got mine from them but it was about 3 years ago.

Don't do it - get yourself some of the 3M film I have just got - complete kit for headlights, fogs and indicators (though these weren't listed as part of the kit

I didn't get charged any import duty and tey arrived within about a week - just as effective as the plastic guards and a damn sight more subtle

top tip - they look really good... might have to get me some of them 8)

Yeah, I was looking at that stuff the other day after you posted the link. It might be worth investing in some as I've got brand new headlights...

Is the clear stuff really 20mm thick tho?!?

Andy, what colour did you get in the end? You got any pics of them on your car?

I was assuming they're 1mm or so thick, it's just that the clear stuff is referred to as 20mil? :?

The plastic guards were a pain. They were on my car when I got it and I either binned them or gave them to Supercharged I think!

Moss and stuff used to grow behind them, which meant periodically removing them completely....and they look gay (no offense Mr owl :lol: ). The 3M film is fit and forget :)

I went for the clear, will be fitting them today and will pst some pice - all pics will probably do is show how invisible they are though

kevhaywire said

Moss and stuff used to grow behind them, which meant periodically removing them completely

?? - Aint seen that happen. Been on Peugeot for about 13 years. Some small cracks now, though.

On Peug and C both, they unclip easily when you wash the car so you can wash headlamp lenses and behind plastic guards - takes seconds. You must be talking about type different to mine, I reckon.

kev also said

and they look gay

I have no hangups about my sexuality - must go now - got to hang out the washing.

kevhaywire said

Moss and stuff used to grow behind them, which meant periodically removing them completely

?? - Aint seen that happen. Been on Peugeot for about 13 years. Some small cracks now, though.

On Peug and C both, they unclip easily when you wash the car so you can wash headlamp lenses and behind plastic guards - takes seconds. You must be talking about type different to mine, I reckon.

That's what I'm thinking, I actually dont think they stand out at all and no one has commented on them at all and taking them off doesnt even take 5 seconds.

Put the 3M film on last night, took me less than 15 mins to do the headlights, fogs and indicators - totally invisible when in place so photos are a bit of a waste of time - certainly think that it will stop cracking of lenses