Sign in to follow this  
rmn

Peloquin Limo Diff's???

decisions, decisions, these sound like they're a needed mod, but it's the valver's box that needs some tlc while the vr's is still sweet - maybe I should just get 2?

Depends on how much you have done before. Basically you need a few special tools but it saves you a hell of a lot of money doing it yourself.

Everyone thought I was mad doing it myself, but nothing in a car is "that" complicated. It still works fine a few months on, so I obviously did it right :)

Jay

One of the best mods you can do. My TBD has transformed the levels of grip my car has. It pulls out of bends like its on slicks!

Jay

Well, after you disabled the traction control so it could actually do its job!!

I can get the diffs for $750 direct off Peloquin. but then you have to pay shipping and import tax *cough* (no you don't :wink: ) *cough*

No worries. He's a good bloke. Well helpful. I wanted a pelly originally but peter couldn't get one across within my time scale, so I had to go for the more expensive quaife.

I'd rather go with the pelly but i'd be happy with a quaife is it proves difficult to get hold of one.

Finally things are starting to come together!

Selling ya 4-pots yet????? :)

They're exactly the same mate, it's just that Pelly throw in the diff bearings and bolts, whereas they're £100 extra (called a 'fitting kit') from quiff.

Quaife rather foolishly didn't file a global patent, which is how the Pelly came about, but Quiff invented it, so quality is assured. get it from the US tho as it comes with a warranty (as does the pelly). Quiff UK would rather give you a black eye than a warranty, tight RS holes. They never break tho, so it's no biggy.

Selling my 4 pots? Dunno, that's news to me, LOL!

I've only seen 3 AP kits come up on the gay in a year, but they were off Cosworth and Subarus. That isn't a problem tho as it's just the CP5200 calipers and discs you need, the VW specific bells and carriers can be bought off the shelf from AP for not a huge amount. The pads you can get from anywhere.

Saw a 6 month old kit off a scoob go for £600, less than half the new price.

The problem is people that buy them tend to keep them, indeed Evo6/7/8/9 etc owners junk the brembos in favour of APs, so you could always grab a cheap Brembo setup instead?

They are yes! It's not common knowledge but Brembo now own AP Racing and they co developed one piece 4 and 6 pots. So AP or Brem, you can't go wrong mate.

The reason Evo owners dump their OE brems is because they're an older Brem caliper and the discs and pads Mitsubishi fit are crap for track use, but they're fine for road use.

You also have the option of Porsche Brembos or Leon Cupra R ones, but you'll have to sort custom carriers.

As for pads, has to be Pagid RS15 or Endless Carbon ceramic. They are just stupid and stop you dead.