Sign in to follow this  
dan

Corrado voted one of the top ten cars

For those that can't be arsed with the link:-

This accompanies a pick of a yellow valver....

VW Corrado, from around £1,200

VW will soon be showing its Golf-based coupe-cabrio production model. But they have already been there (well, minus the cabrio bit); 1989’s Corrado was based on Golf GTI mechanicals, sported a unique body – and was brilliant. VR6 derivatives transcended greatness, but even the 1.8-litre 16-valve and later 2.0-litre models you’ll get for £2k are fine drives. Engines are thrummy and unburstable (if you avoid the costly-to-fix supercharged G60), mechanicals tough but it’s the handling that always impresses. This is a car of rare finesse and, like all the best VWs, will become eminently collectable in the not-too-distant future. Snap up the minters while you can still afford to.

Couldn't have said the bit about the VR any better myself :lol:

I don't understand this witchunt they have on the G60.. the only thing that is expensive on it is the charger, and if you don't look after it then you get what you deserve!

Awwww.....but it's not true. As I said in a different thread earlier, it's just a small number of knackered ones letting the side down and "VR6 chains" are fast becoming the "Fragile G-lader" replacement buzz-words :roll: :)

Indeed.. it seems like the VR6 has its own wonderful raft of ways to go wrong in an expensive fashion.

*steps off box and puts down pitchfork*

;)

LOL....

In another 10 years time when Darren has rebuilt all the G-Laders, we can turn to all these pundits that slate the step lader and ask them what the problem was?!?

I quite like those 850 T5-R's too, just for the power of them!!!! No wonder all the coppers used to have them!!

Mmm an old V70 (oop, they were indeed still called 850 back then) T5 (or an R) in pastel yellow and antracite 5-spoke fan blade type wheels 8)

Edit: And I hadn't even looked at the page!!! :lol: Uncanny. But for some reason, that's the colour combo that just says T5 to me :)

I don't suppose you'll be getting any T5s for £800 any time soon tho...

200 yellow ones or 200 T5R's ? :wink: I know there's loads of T5s about, but the R had an extra 40 bhp and some other nice stuff I think?

I like the green ones with anthracite alloys....

200 T5Rs I think!

The problem is in anything other than white (looks like a police car), or yellow (dunno what it is, but they look good!) then it just looks like an old-man's Volvo..zzzz

Who wouldn't want a police car look-a-like? Always been something i've wanted to do. Get a big white Volvo and stick one of those bright marshalls jackets in the back just to add to the illusion, stick on a white shirt and black tie then cruise down the motorway and see how many people suddenly throw on the anchors from 120 down to 70 and innocently cruise past you!!

Would be great :D

Ah but you can't anymore.....Clarkson quoted that some years ago and relived it a year or so ago by taking an RS6, Volvo V70 and some Bimmer estate to an antiques fair and couldn't get his chosen item into any of them!! His gripe being the estates these days are 'lifestyle' ones for carrying nothing bigger than a dog in....

Hmm antique dealers, guess the job of the chap who bought my mums 850 estate.

G60's got a bad press that is a little unfair, as is always said, buy one that had had a maintained charger, the engine itself is more bullet proof than the already bomb proof normally aspirated Gti 8v!!