Sign in to follow this  
Scott

Supercharged Corrado....

Hi Guys,

I'm missing my old Corrado and the other half is also missing it... issue is if I went back to a Corrado it would need to be supercharged as I am used to the power my 200 puts out.... :lol:

So does anyone of any supercharged Corrado's for sale or what sort of money I am looking at to buy a supercharger kit?

What sort of money do decent VR's go for these days?

Cheers

Scott

You so so just missed out... they just completed a Vortech supercharger group buy on here with some very nice prices and some top quality kit!

Funny how the Corrado just totally suckers you isn't it.. after the comfort and power of the 200SX, its amazing how it just draws you back! :)

Scott, your SX will feel slow once you drive a Stage 2 charged VR, so do it man! Mine keeps SXs off my tail easily and it's not even been setup yet....there's loads more to come yet.

Scott, your SX will feel slow once you drive a Stage 2 charged VR, so do it man! Mine keeps SXs off my tail easily and it's not even been setup yet....there's loads more to come yet.

Got any figures mate....

My 200 is now pushing 300bhp with torque to match... hits 60 in 5 seconds flat and will bounce off the speed limiter at 155 :oops: so I doubt you will hold off my 200 easily :-P :wink:

How does the VR chassis cope with the power from the charger?

Not at the moment but when AmD set it up and roller it I'll know more.

VF Engineering quote 290 bhp with 260lb/ft for the Stage 2 kit (what I've got) and that is with no intercooling of any kind and only running 8 psi. With the stage 3 kit (intercooled and 10psi) it'll slaughter your SX :-)

The SX I held off was either poorly or standard then because he was booting it when it came past...I could smell it, defo decatted for sure...among other mods I suspect.

Anyway, with a Quaife power transmission so far has not been a problem and with a strut brace holding the strut towers still, it'll be even better!

Thats an impressive figure... :)

A stage 3 would only slaughter me until I also add FMIC and injectors / mapping (£1k) then its bye bye... dont forget the SR20DET is good for over 350bhp without rebuilding engine... 450bhp for a £1500 rebuild ... ;) - anyway....

But jesting apart the fact you are running that sort of power is really winning me over... the best of both worlds is my thoughts - Corrado looks, 200sx power :D

So you dont have a problem putting the power down then?

What about oil / water cooling? - necessary?

Do you need uprated fuel management / chipping?

What sort of money am I looking at for supercharger conversion?

That's the thing with Jap turbo cars, they were designed to give loads from the start but VR6s were never designed to be forced induction.....but you can get some good results with the right kit!

Not had a problem putting power down as yet, but I'm not running the full compliment yet as there have been issues with the supplied remap, which is why NS Racing are sending me to AmD, who have good experience of supercharged VRs.

With the quaife you get the odd scuffle from the tyres here and there as you floor it out of junctions but that's compared with standing still and lighting up 1 tyre, so it really is a necessity, but not that I floor it out of junctions anyway, that's chav behaviour.

Mine was oil cooled to begin with, so no probs there.

Chipping etc, yep the kit comes with bigger injectors (330cc) and a chip.

Hmmm...the cost. Not cheap! The normal retail for stage 2 is £3407 inc VAT. We recently did a GB and got 6 of them at £2350 inc VAT and delivery, so quite a saving and good value for a 100bhp increase from a notoriously expensive engine to tune.

Would be good to have you back on board with a blown VR.....just hope you can A) find a minter again and B) afford the charger :? My feeling is to stick with SX unless you are seriously bored/fed up with it....which it doesn't sound like you are with that much grunt :)

Cheers for that Kev...

I'm not bored / fed up with the 200sx at all - far from it ... I have really sorted the car now... engine / suspension / brakes / etc its all done :)

I just fancy another Corrado... I'm also seriously considering track days next year and thinking an old 16v Corrado would be ideal :)

Your 200 is lovely. I have the SXOC "cars for sale thread" as one of my favourites. I check it every day so see what's up for sale.

Scott, I wouldn't sell the SX if you're happy with it mate, certainly not for a Corrado anyway!!

A beat up old 16V you could gut for tracking would be a more sensible option imo!

Scott, I wouldn't sell the SX if you're happy with it mate, certainly not for a Corrado anyway!!

A beat up old 16V you could gut for tracking would be a more sensible option imo!

8)

Looks like an old valver will need to be sourced for a bit of tracking 8)

I import sx200 and the like so have driven a good few of them!

The main thing you notice is that they are weak in the engine department only having 4cylinders and the more power you ask of them the worse the drive is, the bennefit of a charged VR is it is a 3Litre to start with and it has 6cylinders then the supercharger which gives instant snap response as long as you are up in the revs and not sitting at 1500rpm and want it to spring into life.

One guy up here we got a 200 for made it give "300bhp" but the reallity is that we were going along the A1 and up the bug bank toward the Angel of the North which is a long steep up hill drag and i easilly made a long gap between us! and i only run the StageI kit at 6psi, this factual and with witnesses so i was quite proud, not that he was, he kept saying that i must have used the nitrous but the bottle wasn't even in the car at that time! :lol:

200SX is a nice enough car but i love my Corrado and the only one to have is the VR in my opinion but the valver would be lighter for track use!

Chris

Ahhh Dinkus... long time no hear - you finished smashing up the UK's supply of VR6's? ;)

I do want a travck car but the SXOC want me to get a S13... I fancy a 16v Corrado though stripped out with cage :)

:p Just the one thanks. This one will be staying in one piece (and a straight piece at that).

And if you're gonna get a track nail, get an old 1.9 GTI 205. You can pick 'em up for peanuts and abuse them :D

Ahhh Dinkus... long time no hear - you finished smashing up the UK's supply of VR6's?

pmsl :lol:

My days would be so boring without you guys to make me feel so loved (in a purely platonic way).