Sign in to follow this  
DGTi

140 bhP !!!

Just had my 'C' in for an abs fault (front left passanger side) The dyno pace asked to run it up on the rolling road. 140 @ the wheels!!! is that not about 30 bhp down.

yeah vw figures are at the flywheel

but if its a G60 it should be 160 @the fly, so 20bhp gearbox losses are not that bad, my G60 had 146 @ the fly, then i realised the silencer box was cracked at the bottom, put in a fmic and it made a huge increase in power!

have yet to have it dyno'd

it doesnt sound too bad if it is a G60

more like 50bhp down on VW's quoted figure of 190bhp then, but as sciroccotune says i dont think VW's figures are taken 'at the wheel'

140 at the wheels isn't that far off. Stealth rollered mine a few weeks ago at 199bhp, so I'll see what the wheel figure was, pretty sure it was 145 or something.....

my vr6 golf got 140 something on the rollers and 174 at the fly, so it is a little down for a VR i would imagine

Is it a coilpack one? You might have a cam sensor out..... it's a classic reason for VR6 owners' long faces after a dyno run.....

Yeh that did go on me but it's been replaced now. Only showing ABS fault now.

I love the car, I hate the car, I love the car I hate the car.......

1 year ago at AMD 205 bhp where the f*ck has that gone???? (not at the wheel)

would'nt surprise me if it still shows 205bhp on AMD's rollers :roll:

If it's about 190 then I can live with that, it's just the way he said it... 'It's Only 190'

IIRC, a healthy VR should be putting down somewhere around 170bhp at the wheels...

that would be one very very healthy VR6(doubt if even Asim's would have those figs) to put out those figures..........i would say 160-165bhp tops at the wheels

To top a bad day off I went down to C&R to pick some goodridge hoses up. They said it's not wise to bleed them like you would any other car just in case you get air in the abs pump. Here's the best bit, let us do it for you with a pressure bleeder £200. :x What the f*ck have I done wrong to the world.....

Here we go..... my 199bhp last month at the fly equated to 150.2bhp measured at the wheels....200bhp at the fly in 2003 equated to 147.4bhp at the wheels.

140 isn't that far off it would seem.

Hehe, it reminds me of the time a tuning company (can't remember who it was) supplied a "tuned" VR6 for a mag rolling road feature. Sadly it was an auto, they (the mag) couldn't get much out of it because the slushbox wouldn't let them, the tuning company wasn't best pleased, and the magazine printed their excuses!

It's not to bad then but it's still down a bit. just looked at my AMD report from last year 155 bhp @ the wheels. I Know what people say about AMD rollers so I will take that with a pinch of salt.

It's not to bad then but it's still down a bit. just looked at my AMD report from last year 155 bhp @ the wheels. I Know what people say about AMD rollers so I will take that with a pinch of salt.

To be honest I think the AmD rollers are pretty much spot on. Attended two rolling road days in my G60 last year (other was at Stealth Racing), about 6 months apart from each other and made virtually identical BHP and torque figures at both, give or take one or two HP and a few lb/ft...